Jump to content
Brian

**2019 Water-cooler Thread**

Recommended Posts

On 7/11/2019 at 9:19 AM, Brian said:

I'd agree with this. This season was great and the finale was top notch.

 

On 7/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, GoSox05 said:

Stranger Things has gotten better every season.  Not sure how long they can keep that up.  I think they should do one last season and end it.  Go out ahead.

Confirmed for only one more season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

 

Confirmed for only one more season.

Where did you see that? Wouldn’t mind only 1 or 2 more seasons then end

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read that 4 seasons has been the plan from the start. S1 was set in the spring, S2 in the fall, S3 in the summer so S4 should be set in the winter to finish it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm trying to plow through the 5th season of Breaking Bad right now before El Camino comes out. I'm hosting a watch party at my house Friday night. I'm pretty damn pumped.

Just finished it.  It was very well done.

Todd was a sociopath in B B, but damn is he on another level in this.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought El Camino was good, but not great. I don't think I would say I was disappointed, but I would say I was expecting something different. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say it's entirely about Jesse and doesn't really dive in to anything broader about the other characters. I guess I wanted to know about the aftermath of Walt's legacy and not just Jesse on the run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binged s1 of Righteous Gemstones over the weekend and it is fantastic. 

I'm not much of a Danny McBride fan but the show had everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I can't believe Silicon Valley only has 1 episode left in the series. Not just because it's so great, but because the story line does not feel like it's heading towards some sort of over arching resolution.

Thought same think when I saw the preview and said it was the Final Episode. Thought there would be 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I can't believe Silicon Valley only has 1 episode left in the series. Not just because it's so great, but because the story line does not feel like it's heading towards some sort of over arching resolution.

WTF it already started? Where have I been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been funny and all, but the plot has been pretty terrible. There are only so many times that the company can be on the brink of collapse and then something miraculously drops in their lap and saves the day. I think there have been one of those events in each episode this season. 

Edited by Jenksismyhero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Anybody watch Mr. Robot?  That series finale was one for the books if you ask me.

Yep, love that show.  One of the better plot twists for a series finale in a long time.  Seasons 2/3 weren’t as good, but really liked tone and pace of last 3-4 episodes.

Will have to rewatch it, all four seasons together, maybe 2-3 years from now.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 7:28 AM, Brian said:

Binged s1 of Righteous Gemstones over the weekend and it is fantastic. 

I'm not much of a Danny McBride fan but the show had everything.

Have you watched Vice Principals?  I thought it was better than Righteous Gemstones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 2:43 PM, Jenksismyhero said:

It's been funny and all, but the plot has been pretty terrible. There are only so many times that the company can be on the brink of collapse and then something miraculously drops in their lap and saves the day. I think there have been one of those events in each episode this season. 

Yes, very stupid and it really needed to end.  It was never the same after TJ Miller (Erlich) left the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Have you watched Vice Principals?  I thought it was better than Righteous Gemstones.

I did. It was fine. I enjoy RG more already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×