8/15 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

What's the difference between him and Madrigal/Robert? It seems like Vaughn is on a similar path as those two guys, just a year behind. Both of them started in A+ this year.

Is it just because of how advanced they feel Vaughn's bat is?  Or will Vaughn be getting more time in A+ this year than Madrigal got last year? I can't remember.

I think they will be a bit more aggressive with Vaughn because so many of the young pieces will already be up and they will be looking to compete next year.  They were able to be a bit more patient with Madrigal and Robert to a lesser extent because this was a lost season.

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think they will be a bit more aggressive with Vaughn because so many of the young pieces will already be up and they will be looking to compete next year.  They were able to be a bit more patient with Madrigal and Robert to a lesser extent because this was a lost season.

Good point. If Vaughn goes on a Robert like tear at AA early next year, he could be with the big league club in June or July. Of course, there are other variables at play like what kind of production we are getting at 1B/DH and how the Sox are doing overall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And just so we can all chuckle at Jack’s overreaction a bit more, Vaughn has a wRC+ of 140 at W-S despite a .282 BABIP.  He also has more walks than strikeouts.

Jack needs to cool it in the MiLB threads.

I have been saying it since they drafted him and I will repeat. Vaughn is in Chicago next July health permitting. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, raBBit said:

Jack needs to cool it in the MiLB threads.

I have been saying it since they drafted him and I will repeat. Vaughn is in Chicago next July health permitting. 

That seems impossible with the way they've been handling prospects in general

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

That seems impossible with the way they've been handling prospects in general

That's fair but I feel they've been handling a timeline thus far with regards to Eloy, Kopech, Cease, Madrgial and Robert. Next year is when things open up. I think Sox buck the trend with Vaughn. I could be wrong of course but to me he's the type of guy they won't have any excuses on and if the team is average next year and Vaughn is hitting at AA there are no excuses. I guess it would be dependent on the roster construction to an extent though. 

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

That's fair but I feel they've been handling a timeline thus far with regards to Eloy, Kopech, Cease, Madrgial and Robert. Next year is when things open up. I think Sox buck the trend with Vaughn. I could be wrong of course but to me he's the type of guy they won't have any excuses on and if the team is average next year and Vaughn is hitting at AA there are no excuses. I guess it would be dependent on the roster construction to an extent though. 

I completely agree.  Will be interesting and somewhat telling how they handle 1B & DH this offseason.