Moncada to miss weekend series vs. DET

caulfield12

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

It is this situation where I get on our 6 year old kids that I coach that - 1 - don't slide unless you need to (cause at this age - it is super fun). My exception is if they want to slide into home, be my guest (cause no catchers are crowding the plate these days) - and NEVER EVER SLIDE INTO 1st and ALWAYS SLIDE Feet 1st (not head first).  

That said - I was really worried he was seriously injured, so this could end up as a blessing in disguise as he'll get some R&R for his lower body while the hand recovers a bit.  And for those that worry about his power - I just won't. He's got a .400 OBP, plays plus defense, is fast, and has strength.  He's got so much talent that he's still feeilng his way to this point - but he's going to put up an MVP year or two in his career - which is really cool to think, because if Robert comes back and has no LT health implications from his injury - I truly believe the same in him. 

On the Burger front - I get it, "where would he play" - but I just wouldn't worry about it. White Sox should not be in the market of trading guys who have a decent shot of being a solid to above average big league hitter (and COST CONTROLLED).  They just shouldn't - because they don't have the financial wherewithall to do it. And for Gallo - please.  I don't think Gallo puts them over the top - reality is - this team with a healthy lineup is absolutely fine, the real question is whether the rotation is still together and firing come the postseason (or will Rodon have tired out / injuries have occurred).  

If I were to trade chips - I'd be the contrarian who would be going after a cost controlled arm to join the group, knowing the pending risks on the Rodon/Lynn front...although I tend to believe Sox keep one of those guys for another few years.  

This year has taught me to never worry about such things ever again. The Herm barrier is gone.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

It is this situation where I get on our 6 year old kids that I coach that - 1 - don't slide unless you need to (cause at this age - it is super fun). My exception is if they want to slide into home, be my guest (cause no catchers are crowding the plate these days) - and NEVER EVER SLIDE INTO 1st and ALWAYS SLIDE Feet 1st (not head first).  

That said - I was really worried he was seriously injured, so this could end up as a blessing in disguise as he'll get some R&R for his lower body while the hand recovers a bit.  And for those that worry about his power - I just won't. He's got a .400 OBP, plays plus defense, is fast, and has strength.  He's got so much talent that he's still feeilng his way to this point - but he's going to put up an MVP year or two in his career - which is really cool to think, because if Robert comes back and has no LT health implications from his injury - I truly believe the same in him. 

On the Burger front - I get it, "where would he play" - but I just wouldn't worry about it. White Sox should not be in the market of trading guys who have a decent shot of being a solid to above average big league hitter (and COST CONTROLLED).  They just shouldn't - because they don't have the financial wherewithall to do it. And for Gallo - please.  I don't think Gallo puts them over the top - reality is - this team with a healthy lineup is absolutely fine, the real question is whether the rotation is still together and firing come the postseason (or will Rodon have tired out / injuries have occurred).  

If I were to trade chips - I'd be the contrarian who would be going after a cost controlled arm to join the group, knowing the pending risks on the Rodon/Lynn front...although I tend to believe Sox keep one of those guys for another few years.  

That's a great call on Yo getting to rest some of his other injuries for a few days being a nice side product of this.