Fangraph's 2021 Trade Value Series

beautox

13 hours ago, CeaseAndExist said:

They've been getting trashed in the comments for leaving out Moncada. This series is usually good but whoever is doing it this year is just bad at it

I don’t know, Goldstein literally worked in the astros FA as their director of scouting until the trash can firings. I feel like he’s probably got his finger on the pulse of the industry on terms of valuation much more than the typical author. 

• Like 1

Now that the series is complete. KG mentions in the comments at the very least Eloy should've been an HM. Moncada should've been on the list with the high point being similar to Cronenworth.

Overall id rate the list a solid C.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Tatis shouldn’t be #1 with his elevated injury risk.

Elevated injury risk? Do you see his on pace numbers this year?? Guy is insane. Splitting hairs between top 5 or so is difficult for anyone, anyway

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Elevated injury risk? Do you see his on pace numbers this year?? Guy is insane. Splitting hairs between top 5 or so is difficult for anyone, anyway

Yes, I know.  But, in the last four years, he’s had a broken wrist, missed two+ months for back problems, the severe shoulder separations dating back to 2016/17 (that will eventually be operated on) and tested positive for Covid.  

The way he runs the bases and plays SS…eventually he might end up being moved to CF/RF or 2B.  That said, Acuna has suffered a similar fate injury-wise, just like Bellinger for much of his early career.

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fangraphs has always been higher on Madrigal than even his parents

Seriously, how stupid was that? I mentioned it earlier in this thread. I can’t believe they published that.