Reds Fire Sale - Castillo mentioned on market

bmags

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if a Castillo for Vaughn deal could be a focal point of a larger deal.

I like Castillo but I would not make that deal. The nice thing is Castillo had a down year, so that helps.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I like Castillo but I would not make that deal. The nice thing is Castillo had a down year, so that helps.

I like the fact he has pitched four full seasons so far.  Bucking the trend of a lot of pitchers he was MUCH better in the 2nd half vs the 1st half, and was basically in line with where he was in 2019 and 20.  I wonder if he was hurt or something?

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 4:18 PM, fathom said:

Reds have a better 2nd baseman already....the guy the Sox should have picked

I was very wrong about India, especially when he was in minors as I chortled at his low slugging thinking I was so smart. 

Not sure I'll ever get the draft well. Every time you think there are types to go after they blow up in your face.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

I was very wrong about India, especially when he was in minors as I chortled at his low slugging thinking I was so smart. 

Not sure I'll ever get the draft well. Every time you think there are types to go after they blow up in your face.

Baseball, by far, is the hardest of the 3 major American sports to predict who will be good or who is the best player in a given year.

• Like 1