Frank arrived to camp today.

JDsDirtySox

I think last season was the proverbial kick in the teeth for the White Sox.

They wanted to win that division, and after the All-Star break they made a damn fine effort. But they were so pitiful the beginning of the season that it took such a toll just to get in playoff contention that they lost steam at the end.

Add to that big time free agents were not signed and most of the big name players were actively talked about in trade talks. Not to mention you are consistently treated with disrespect and contempt by your own cities media, and you are constantly second fiddle.

Maybe the players are just so fed up that they are finally taking responsibility for their own actions and showing up to camp early because they want to win and are going to work hard and not just rely on their talent.

Some times things just click, but I know if I was in these players position, I would be pissed as hell and feel there was only one way to fix things, tear this league apart.

SB

I agree with badger, these guys seem hungry to do what they SHOULD have done last year. They seem like ehy're actually ready to put forth 100% for us and go all out this season. If they can keep this attitude they have going now all season, i predict good things. :)

I think last season was the proverbial kick in the teeth for the White Sox.

They wanted to win that division, and after the All-Star break they made a damn fine effort. But they were so pitiful the beginning of the season that it took such a toll just to get in playoff contention that they lost steam at the end.

Add to that big time free agents were not signed and most of the big name players were actively talked about in trade talks. Not to mention you are consistently treated with disrespect and contempt by your own cities media, and you are constantly second fiddle.

Maybe the players are just so fed up that they are finally taking responsibility for their own actions and showing up to camp early because they want to win and are going to work hard and not just rely on their talent.

Some times things just click, but I know if I was in these players position, I would be pissed as hell and feel there was only one way to fix things, tear this league apart.

SB

I think the key to every bit of optimism on this team is the fact that Jerry Manuel is gone. As casual (well, maybe more than casual) fans watching the games on TV or from the seats at the park we were able to pick apart JM's management of this team. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to be a professional on the field being led by that dips***.

Couldn't agree more though, there certainly seems to be a positive vibe coming out of camp so far.

Maybe an "us against the world" attitude is just what this team needs. Get a chip on their collective shoulders and kick some Major League ass.

As Jake Taylor said to his teammates in the movie Major League - "Well, fellas. There's only one thing left for us to do. Win the whole --- f***ing --- thing."

:headbang :cheers

Maybe an "us against the world" attitude is just what this team needs. Get a chip on their collective shoulders and kick some Major League ass. 

As Jake Taylor said to his teammates in the movie Major League - "Well, fellas.  There's only one thing left for us to do.  Win the whole --- f***ing --- thing." 

:headbang  :cheers

What a great movie. Frank Thomas as Pedro Cerrano. Willie Harris as Willie Mays Hays. Billy Koch as Rick Vaughn. :lol:

My favorite thing Frank said so far:

"What he ( Ozzie ) was trying to do was let people know this is his team now and he's coming in to take over and on the first day to let everyone know, 'I don't care who you are on this team, I'm the manager now,' and that's fine," he said. "I have no problem with that. He wasn't trying to get under my skin."

It's nice to see that Frank gets it, even if too many fans and media people don't.

All Oz was doing at that press conference was marking his territory, if you will, and responding directly to a question about Frank. The LAST thing Oz needs is an unhappy Frank.

"What he ( Ozzie ) was trying to do was let people know this is his team now and he's coming in to take over and on the first day to let everyone know, 'I don't care who you are on this team, I'm the manager now,' and that's fine," he said. "I have no problem with that. He wasn't trying to get under my skin."

It's nice to see that Frank gets it, even if too many fans and media people don't.

All Oz was doing at that press conference was marking his territory, if you will, and responding directly to a question about Frank. The LAST thing Oz needs is an unhappy Frank.

Hopefully Frank believes this, but as far as I am concerned he has finally learned the lesson of what to say to the media. Good for Frank! :headbang

You know in the movie "Trading Places" when Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd are executing their stock swindle near the end, and that guy from the Dept. of Agriculture comes on the monitor, and every person in the exchange stops and listens for what he has to say about the orange crop? That is what seeing this story reminded me of. Every Sox fan has been waiting to see what state Frank would be in, and when he would actually show up, so when the report came out, we all made like 1980's stockbrokers waiting for the orange crop report.

Whats this I hear that Carlos is the only one that hasnt arrived yet. Where are you Carlos!! Did you forget to set your alarm clock.... dont be getting lazy on us now, we need another great season out of you!

Im getting all psyched up to do El Caballoooo chants from left field already.

HURRY UP SEASON!

You know in the movie "Trading Places"  when Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd are executing their stock swindle near the end, and that guy from the Dept. of Agriculture comes on the monitor, and every person in the exchange stops and listens for what he has to say about the orange crop?  That is what seeing this story reminded me of.  Every Sox fan has been waiting to see what state Frank would be in, and when he would actually show up, so when the report came out, we all made like 1980's stockbrokers waiting for the orange crop report.

Indeeeeed Mortimer! I love that movie, Its on Starz all the time, but i think im going to get that movie on DVD. Thats a good example though, we were all just kinda sitting around waiting for some Thomas news to happen, and finally, we get the good news that the Thomas stock is going up... :)

Indeeeeed Mortimer!  I love that movie, Its on Starz all the time, but i think im going to get that movie on DVD.  Thats a good example though, we were all just kinda sitting around waiting for some Thomas news to happen, and finally, we get the good news that the Thomas stock is going up...    :)

"Looking Good, Billy Ray!!"

Wow this is great. This team is definitely going to have some great chemistry if he believes what he said. I can't wait for this season to start, we're going to surprise some people! :headbang

ya if willie come anywhere near stealing 65 bases, a .305 average, .361 OBP and 204 hits then we can stop dreaming

If Harris did that, we would win the division, guaran-f***ing-teed.

I hope we do win. I'm still every bit as skeptical though. Remember Maggs's "Chicago White Sox 2003 Champions" shirts from last year during ST?

If we do have an us against the world attitude, I'll love it, espeically if we win. I'll have to see it to believe it though.