Braves-Cubs Comments

Did anyone watch that AB? Farnsworth threw about 14 or 15 pitches to Franco. ALL of them were either fastballs or sliders ALL outside. Franco is an opposite field hitter and almost hit a grand slam a few pitches earlier. Yet they keep pitching him outside. W2G Farnsworth and Barrett.

Did anyone watch that AB?  Farnsworth threw about 14 or 15 pitches to Franco.  ALL of them were either fastballs or sliders ALL outside.  Franco is an opposite field hitter and almost hit a grand slam a few pitches earlier.  Yet they keep pitching him outside.  W2G Farnsworth and Barrett.

thats cuz dusty is such an outstanding manager

43 year old man embroiled in a 15-pitch battle with Farnsworth who was feeding him 99mph fastballs and tantalizing sliders, battling back from down 0-2.....just missed a slam once.....missed a bases-clearing double again.....and then......DRIVE TO OPPOSITE FIELD OVER SHAMY'S HEAD, 3 RUNS SCORE, BRAVES COME BACK FROM BEHIND TO TAKE THE LEAD GOING INTO THE 9TH.

Maybe it will be justice after Flubs pulled one out on Friday oin the 15th.

In any case.....Franco -- what HEART, Sox hitters can learn a thing or two from him. I firmly believe Bobby Cox f***ed up BIG TIME by starting Bobby Fick in the first 3 games against the Cubs in NLDS -- Fick was terrible at the plate and even worse defensively while Franco was smoking the ball every at bat when he did get a chance to hit......Braves would have won with Franco, no doubt about that. :fyou Cox.

2-2 tie in bottom of the 8th bases loaded on 3 straight walks. Facing Farnsworth he goes down 0-2 then proceeds to foul off about 8 pitches. Takes 2 balls and fouls off a couple more. Takes another ball making it a full count then smashes a drive off the right feild wall over Sosa's head driving in all 3 baserunners. Very Thomas-esque at bat. Cubs suck so bad. :notworthy

thats cuz dusty is such an outstanding manager

Man that dumb ass took that kid Mitre out. I believe this is his statline

7 2/3 in. 5 hits 1 run 0 (or 1) earned 2 Wks. 4 SO I think.

Very impressive for just his 2nd major league start. Just turning 24 years old. What a stud. Too bad Dusty's dumb ass cost him the win and the game. :lol:

BTW.... :fthecubs

Sergio Mitre was very impressive but dumb ass Baker took him out in the 8th and cost him and the cubs a win. Muhahahahaha thank god too, even though I like Mitre, I just can't stand a scrubbie win.

Sox 3-2 Cubs 2-3

Gotta love it!!!

I think we need to figure out on this board do threads about non-White Sox games belong in Pale Hose Talk or in the Sports Bar?? Right now we have one on this topic in each. Last year I thought we usually talked baseball in PHT but it seems like Sports Bar is the place of choice this year.

With that said, I will repeat my comments, Franco was pitched exactly where he likes it 15 times and he finally got around on one.

I notice that the Cubs aren't hitting right now, but wasn't the plan when they signed Walker and Lee to boost that offense to help that great pitching. What is going to happen to them now since that can't put the bat on the ball. They are in serious trouble if it does not pick up. BTW Julio Franco must be as old as Dick Clark and

:fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs

43 year old man embroiled in a 15-pitch battle with Farnsworth who was feeding him 99mph fastballs and tantalizing sliders, battling back from down 0-2.....just missed a slam once.....missed a bases-clearing double again.....and then......DRIVE TO OPPOSITE FIELD OVER SHAMY'S HEAD, 3 RUNS SCORE, BRAVES COME BACK FROM BEHIND TO TAKE THE LEAD GOING INTO THE 9TH.

Maybe it will be justice after Flubs pulled one out on Friday oin the 15th.

In any case.....Franco -- what HEART, Sox hitters can learn a thing or two from him.    I firmly believe Bobby Cox f***ed up BIG TIME by starting Bobby Fick in the first 3 games against the Cubs in NLDS -- Fick was terrible at the plate and even worse defensively while Franco was smoking the ball every at bat when he did get a chance to hit......Braves would have won with Franco, no doubt about that. :fyou Cox.

I'm glad the Cubs beat the Braves. How else would we have gotten to see the 3-1 collapse to the Marlins in the nlcs? :D

I'm glad the Cubs beat the Braves.  How else would we have gotten to see the 3-1 collapse to the Marlins in the nlcs?  :D

I know you're kidding, but it's not funny.

They got TREMENDEOUS exposure in the NLCS and made even more fans nationally and internationally.

Then there's money gravy from the 4 home games that probably allowed them to go after Hawkins or Lee, which made them a better team THIS year.

And it gave guys like Wood and Prior postseason experience and confidence that they can go against the best hitters and beat them....something that might come in handy should they make playoffs this year.

So yeah.... :fyou Bobby Cox and Bobby Hick.

:fthecubs CUBS LOSE!!CUBS LOSE!!

It's nice to see those asswipes struggle just a little.I mean,s***,everyone has them and the Yankmees penciled in to play in the WS.As any White Sox fan can attest,looking good on paper doesn't mean s***.The old baseball adage about

"the game is played on the field" couldn't be truer.

Did anyone ever wonder how Julio Franco would have profited from hittng behind "The Big Hurt" for the entire 1994 season??That AB reminded me of how lethal a hitter he still is at age 80. :lol: :lol:

PS- after 2 losses to the Palehose,do you think Commisioner Gordon(aka Steinbrenner) is on the phone looking for Batman yet?? Hope he doesn't find Bruce Wayne for another couple of weeks.At least not till the Sox are through playing 'em. GO SOX!!

:fthecubs :fthecubs

I believe the hitter you're refering to is Robert Fick,or,as Sox fans who remember the immortal Saturday afternoon brawl with the Tigers in 2000 call him,

BOBBY f***!!

He was ejected after the benches cleared and punches were thrown,many to Keith Foulke,who earned an unnecessary suspension for punches he never threw to begin with.As Bobby f*** left the field,the Sox faithful gave him a beer shower that would have made the late Al Smith proud.

(Al Smith was the left fielder on the '59 WS team.As an anxious Dodgers fan reached out to grab a home run ball at Old Comiskey,he accidentally knocked over his plastic cup of beer.The entire contents spilled on top of a dejected Smith who stood at the base of the left field wall,dejected.Great picture of it in the book

"'59,summer of the Sox" by Bob Vanderberg.)

I know you're kidding, but it's not funny.

They got TREMENDEOUS exposure in the NLCS and made even more fans nationally and internationally.

Then there's money gravy from the 4 home games that probably allowed them to go after Hawkins or Lee, which made them a better team THIS year.

And it gave guys like Wood and Prior postseason experience and confidence that they can go against the best hitters and beat them....something that might come in handy should they make playoffs this year.

If that postseason experience is so good, then why is Wood's ERA at 7.20?