7/5 Games

danman31

I'm listening to the Winston-Salem game. BMac is making his first start with the Hogs. He sounds dominant as always. Sweeney just hit a 3 run HR. The announcer was raving about how quickly he got around that inside pitch. Top 4, 3-0 W-S.

I'm listening to the Winston-Salem game. BMac is making his first start with the Hogs. He sounds dominant as always. Sweeney just hit a 3 run HR. The announcer was raving about how quickly he got around that inside pitch. Top 4, 3-0 W-S.

Hey dan do you know bmac's line so far: walks, hits, k's. I'm sure he's doing awesome because he's one hell of a pitcher. :headbang :headbang

I stopped listening because I had to go. Right now it's 5-4 Kinston. The Hogs were up 4-0, but I know through 4 B Mac had given up 2 hits while striking out 5 with no walks. It's the 6th inning and Castro was just in, Fields just had a throwing error that gave up the go ahead run. Castro got pulled. I don't know how B Mac finished, but probably not all that great. Though he could have been on a short leash considering he hadn't pitched in 9 days.

1st game of DH, W-S loses 5-4, 2 walks and 2 Ks for Fields, 2 hits for Sweeney including a double and 2 RBI, 2 walks for Rogo, a hit and a walk for AGon. Reynoso loses. (BTW, won 8-7 in nightcap, waiting for box, that was McCarthy first start, he fell apart after good first 4-5 innings. Sweeney hit a 3 run blast in that one). Sweeney really hot since Anderson promoted.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...px?GAMEID=20923

Actually you got it reversed. BMac pitched game 1. After listening to the game Brandon just does not throw balls. He was always ahead of the count. He worked fast and by the 2nd time around the hitters realized they had to swing early in the count. He would just throw strikes and give hitters nothing to hit when he was ahead of the count. He had guys swinging at stuff way out of the zone at that time. To me it sounded like his stuff doesn't look as good as it really is. Kind of like his stuff explodes I believe the announcer said. His curve and fastball were really working. He seems to be just off being a great prospect. Cut down on the HRs, maybe even become a smarter pitcher. His stuff was getting it done though. He needs to be able to make adjustments when the hitters are facing him for the 2nd or 3rd time. They know what they are seeing and they know what they have to do. Sweeney has a 10 game hitting streak after hitting in both games today. Box Score

jeeze...gio is dominating...kanny call up by august?

I just love looking at gio's stat line and keep seeing no walks. With this guy's control and stuff for him it's just a matter of staying healthy. Gio has a real chance to be something special if he can stay healthy.

Damn, Young is really tearing it up as of late, as is Nanita. It's good to see Sweeney start hitting well. And, De Los Santos is starting to become one of my favorite minor leaguers and so is Gonzalez. I know they're in the lowest possible level of baseball, but they're just flat out dominating the Appy league, and will probably be at Great Falls to end the year (maybe even Kanny for Gio).

My Favortie minor leaguer (check the profile) :headbang I said keep an eye on him just when he was starting to rake it. He's showing why h could get a promotion if he keeps this up consistantly. :)

Glad to know you took a break from defending Reed's honor lol.

Gio with 6 Ks, 0 BBs, while giving up 1 run and 4 hits in 3 innings.

Does anyone know why they're not letting Gio go deeper in games? He's only gone 9 innings in 4 games (3 starts), and I'd think he's about ready to be able to go 6 or 7 innings as long as he keeps pitching like he has been. Also, I just want to point out that Gio has a K/BB ratio of 18/1 in 9 innings. That's pretty awesome! :headbang

Great Falls lost 9-2. Logan got roughed up for 5 ER in 3 IP. Nachreiner was the only pitcher to pitch a scoreless inning. McNeil and Rivera were the only hitters who had good games, w/ McNeil going 2-5 and Rivera going 2-4 w/ a double and an rbi. Their were a lot of 1-4's on the night by our hitters. Great Falls Box

Hey! Someone can take a joke on this board! Woohoo!! LOL

Just keep in mind I'm on your side too and was just making fun of the fact that you had a lot of posts in that thread.

Yea, and I hate doing that.. I've learn my lesson though. Don't argue with SSI, and try not to always make your point known... ;)

My Favortie minor leaguer (check the profile) :headbang I said keep an eye on him just when he was starting to rake it. He's showing why h could get a promotion if he keeps this up consistantly. :)

SoxAce, you and I were two of the first to be high on De Los Santos at the beginning of the Bristol's season, and we've been right on this guy so far! I guess it's like they say, great minds must think alike! :headbang Also, if you look at my sig, you'll notice the new "Jose De Los Santos watch", which I'll be updating every game!

Borch's average has now slipped to .264 after going hitless tonight. Valdez has also struggled a little in the last few games, good to see Hankins continue to hit though.

Good to see Ryan Meaux have a real good outing, kind of been left behind by Arnie's Munoz's great start early on B-Ham. No Baj for the save though, although Matt Smith the man who did, has a great 1.12 ERA. Spidale continues to hit, and Anderson continues to do well in the #2 spot.

Good to see the guys down at Winstom - Salem getting some hits, especially Sweeney and Brice who's been really strugglin the last few games. Looks like Fields is goin to hav work on cutting down on those K's like Borch did. 5 K's for B-Mac with 3 ER's, not a bad start, although I'm sure he'll improve. Casey Rogowski is really hitting the ball well too, a call up to B-Ham must be on the books fairly soon.

Wow, Nanita is really raking the ball back down at Kanny with a .424 average now. Good to see Chris Young hav a all round great offensive game with no K's too. Whisler didn't hav a great otuing in relief for Deininger, but I'm sure he'll get better as the season goes on.

De Los Santos is now hitting at .478, great game with 5 RBI's. Gio Gonzalez now has an 1.00 ERA, a call up to Kanny definitely on the cards.

Nachreiner with a good outing in relief, might have something going there, his ERA is down to 3.86 now.

And do you guys know anything about him whatsoever?

I'm serious, I don't have a damn clue who he is.

All I know about this guy is that he's 19, bats and throws righty, plays 2b, and is pretty small at 5'11'', 160 lbs.

Well I'm searching the web for him, which is what we do on FutureSox for info on the lower draft picks. It's hard because his name brings in a lot of Spanish web sites. Here's what I got:

Elizabethton article about Bristol game last night, includes picture of De Los Santos sliding into home.

Part of an article in the Eagle Tribune that is in Massachusetts, I don't know if it's him:

Northern Essex Community College swept a baseball doubleheader from Roxbury CC, 6-1 and 9-8.

Jose Gonzalez pitched the complete-game win in the opener. Jose De Los Santos and Cory Pebler each went 2-for-3 for the Knights.

Graham Dudley earned the win in relief with 7-plus innings of one-run ball in the nightcap.

Julio Gonzalez was 3-for-6 with a pair of RBI. Eric Haffner and Joe Sosa had two hits apiece for 7-14 NECC.