7.5 Game Lead

Cubs Suck23

Its funny not one 1 person on this whole page has over 500 posts....

Oh no the newbies are taking over the board

While the wild-card could become a possibility when your leading the division its not something you worry about right now.... also if we lose the division lead we are also obviously going to lose some of the lead to the wildcard which makes it even a bit more pointless.

The more info I get the better informed I feel. Nice post Cubsuck. OH and just because I have less then 500 posts I wouldn't consider myself a newbie . I 've been around 10 months now. When i read a thread if someone has already posted what is essentially my opinion I won't bother very often to say " I agree". I say my peace and don't bother to get into extended arguments. Nice moderating job SS. :headbang

I really dont care about wildcard untill august. Even if we were in 2nd place now i wouldnt. Its ok to look at the al central race now. But the wildcard will look completly differnt when the end of the season comes.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
Its funny not one 1 person on this whole page has over 500 posts....

Oh no the newbies are taking over the board

While the wild-card could become a possibility when your leading the division its not something you worry about right now.... also if we lose the division lead we are also obviously going to lose some of the lead to the wildcard which makes it even a bit more pointless.

I have over a thousand and don't mind being fully informed of the standings.

People need to lighten up on the post count thing. It doesn't need a damn thing.

As for this thread, I hadn't realized that we had that much of a lead, and I would have guessed the WC leader would not have been Texas. Pertinent info is cool.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Make it a 8 1/2 game lead over Texas..

God I wish i had more time in the day to post over a thousand times. must be nice to sit at a computer all day while some of us are working 14 hrs a day

If you are working 14 hours a day you have a really s***ty job and are getting paid 2.37$ an hour. Lol @ you working 16-18 hours a day like you said in the past.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
That's a dickhead thing to say...

You honestly believe he works 16-18 hours a day? There are only a couple reasons people would work 16-18 (two thirds of a person's day) f***ing hours a day. I don't know one person that is at their job for 18 hours a day. How many do you know?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
You honestly believe he works 16-18 hours a day? There are only a couple reasons people would work 16-18 (two thirds of a person's day) f***ing hours a day. I don't know one person that is at their job for 18 hours a day. How many do you know?

He said 14.

Whether he was lying or not, I respect those that do have a true strong work ethic.

I was going to respond by telling him that many of us work boring office jobs in which we can afford to mess around on the computer...

I know many people that work 12-14 hours a day. Some own their own business. Others are blue-collar and work overtime. It's not that uncommon, especially in such a blue-collar and work-oriented town.

It was a narrow-minded comment, and I just hope that you were not implying that you think you're better than those who work minimum- or below-minimum wage jobs.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
He said 14.

Whether he was lying or not, I respect those that do have a true strong work ethic.

I was going to respond by telling him that many of us work boring office jobs in which we can afford to mess around on the computer...

I know many people that work 12-14 hours a day.  Some own their own business.  Others are blue-collar and work overtime.  It's not that uncommon, especially in such a blue-collar and work-oriented town. 

It was a narrow-minded comment, and I just hope that you were not implying that you think you're better than those who work minimum- or below-minimum wage jobs.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
Just beacause someone who has less than a 100 post doesnt mean he is a casual fan...

Hell I work  16-18 hours a day and cant always have time to make a post does that make me less of a fan than someone who sits here all day...

Twelve hours to fourteen hours i can see. A full time job and a part time job. 18 hours a day is more than two full time shifts in most cases. That leaves them six hours to spend time with friends/family, eat, sleep, etc. But he finds time to get on a message board? What i have read from his posts in the past is he has time to post but not to do so at work. So he goes home and posts on a white sox message board rather than sleep? I don't really care i just think he is ''fibbing'' a little bit.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
Twelve hours to fourteen hours i can see. A full time job and a part time job. 18 hours a day is more than two full time shifts in most cases. That leaves them six hours to spend time with friends/family, eat, sleep, etc. But he finds time to get on a message board? What i have read from his posts in the past is he has time to post but not to do so at work. So he goes home and posts on a white sox message board rather than sleep? I don't really care i just think he is ''fibbing'' a little bit.

Good points. Disregard that first comment.