Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:02 AM)
If i had to bet my life on one guy, i'd bet him. He has used em, just look at the guy, i've always suspected he was on roids.

Can't make a call on the AL guy though

The supposed NL guy is Clemens, no doubt about it.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
If i had to bet my life on one guy, i'd bet him. He has used em, just look at the guy, i've always suspected he was on roids.

what could have something to do with it though was that he plays in a HUGE park. That is taking his HR totals down. His BA was always very good.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)

You should check out a Padres batting practice some time and inspect, um.. the goods. That would be a pretty easy give away as to whether or not he has. However, I highly doubt that he has, it's just something that I've believed for awhile now.

interesting that as of 10:30 a.m. today i couldn't find anything about this on the Red Sox fan site sonsofsanhorn.com. I took a quick glance, but couldn't find anything.

I assume their mods are being crazy about not letting any rumors about this get posted, I'm sure there's major scrutiny in Boston over this issue. Their mods are probably working 24 hours and erasing anything once it comes up.

we're far enough away from the story where I doubt lawyers are trolling this site looking for things

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
interesting that as of 10:30 a.m. today i couldn't find anything about this on the Red Sox fan site sonsofsanhorn.com.  I took a quick glance, but couldn't find anything.

I assume their mods are being crazy about not letting any rumors about this get posted, I'm sure there's major scrutiny in Boston over this issue.  Their mods are probably working 24 hours and erasing anything once it comes up.

we're far enough away from the story where I doubt lawyers are trolling this site looking for things

If people were really looking to sue anyone who posted something about someone possibly doing steroids on a message board then they should have gone after Dan Patrick for saying on the radio that McGuire and Sosa both took steroids, which has never been proven.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
If people were really looking to sue anyone who posted something about someone possibly doing steroids on a message board then they should have gone after Dan Patrick for saying on the radio that McGuire and Sosa both took steroids, which has never been proven.

If that were to happen...then I think both of them would have to actually be able to prove that they didn't. In particular with Mr. McGwire and his andro/unwillingness to talk about the past, that would be almost impossible. As public figures, it's nearly impossible for them to prove libel claims.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
If that were to happen...then I think both of them would have to actually be able to prove that they didn't.  In particular with Mr. McGwire and his andro/unwillingness to talk about the past, that would be almost impossible.  As public figures, it's nearly impossible for them to prove libel claims.

Which is pretty much my point. I don't think professional athletes are going around perusing internet message boards looking for things they can sue people over, otherwise they would have much easier targets on the radio, with people constantly talking about which players they think are on steroids. Hell me & Z said numerous times on their old show that Edmonds was on steroids as well as calling him Commander Douche bag.

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
now i know why damon has been growing that beard and long hippi hair....to take the attention away from his ever-growing body...you gotta admit he does look pretty mean and muscular

On Conan he said he's the same size now as he was at 13.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Kapler ....  I don't think he's on roids...especially since his numbers haven't shot up. 

Steroids don't magically improve your ability to hit a baseball. They will improve your power, but if you aren't putting the bat on the ball, you won't see an improvement in your numbers.

I, too, can't wait to see the HOF baseball writer (who somehow missed the boat on the whole steroids issue for 15 years) fumbling for words on Baseball Tonight friday.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
On Conan he said he's the same size now as he was at 13.

I saw a picture the other day of him standing in the outfield wearing red under armor, he looked pretty lean and cut. Not to menion the Puma commercial.

:o I found a screenshot from the puma commercial. Yes, he is lean and cut, holy s***.

johnny_damon.jpg

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
I saw a picture the other day of him standing in the outfield wearing red under armor, he looked pretty lean and cut. Not to menion the Puma commercial.

:o I found a screenshot from the puma commercial. Yes, he is lean and cut, holy s***.

johnny_damon.jpg

airbrushing.