Springer nails Bonds, Fans appluad

Phuck the Cubs

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
That's a real bush-league attitude. The fact that Barry's "not a good guy" doesn't mean that he deserves to get plunked with a 95 mph fastball. Unless Bonds did something to provoke this, Springer was way out of line.

How about blatantly cheating? Does he deserve it then?

What Springer did was perfectly fine, and the people running to Bonds' defense are laughable. Maybe Springer could have rattled a few brain cells loose in Barry's head if he nailed him in the ear flap.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
How about blatantly cheating? Does he deserve it then?

When Bonds was juicing, there were no penalties for steroid use outlined in the CBA. Hell, Springer's own union was behind that. So, calling it "cheating" is a real stretch. And how do we know that Springer wasn't juicing as well?

Throwing a fastball at any player's knee and shoulder is childish and dangerous.

I don't have any love for Baroid, but Springer couldn't have made it any more obvious at the outset as to what the plan was.

And that's just all shades of wrong, whether the guy is a juicer or just a jackass or in Baroid's case, both. He put the guy on first, but could have put him in the ER, or on a pension plan.

If you think someone deserves to be thrown at, put Selig in the batter's box. By refusing to address the steroid problem, this is the situation he has fostered. And there aren't words for how sad this state of affairs has become. I was hoping against hope that Baroid would quietly retire after his knee injury, but rarely are things ever this neatly sorted out.

As I was discussing with a buddy of mine a couple of weeks ago, the absolute best thing for the game, the first stitch to close this gaping wound, would be for Albert Pujols or Jim Thome to hit 74 home runs this season.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
:lolhitting

It's pure comedy as far as I'm concerned. I'd pay top dollar for a highlight reel of Bonds getting plunked.

Scumbags should be made to suffer, and Russ Springer is now a personal hero of mine. :D

Come on fathom, you know that you were laughing out loud when you saw the pitch sequence. :D

:headbang

Only problem I have with this is Bonds didn't get hurt. 99.99 percent of the time I'm agianst stuff like this, but I wish he'd have hit Bonds in the face. Bonds made his own bed by being a cheating asshole and hopefully he continues to get hell for it....from the fans, the media, and now maybe even the players.

But my guess is that most of the same people who think its okay, would be the first ones screaming if it happened to a Sox player.

If Barry Bonds were on the Sox, I'd still hate him and would have a very hard time with rooting for my own team.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Bonds has cheated less than many players that have been on the Sox.

That you can take to the bank.

So if your going to get on some crucifix, go do it with another team. The White Sox threw World Series games a crime far worse than trying to improve your performance. Yet you still come here as a Sox fan, not even from Chicago.

Im so sick of hearing this s***, its as if people act like Bonds is the first player to have ever cheated.

Note that is past tense, as there is absolutely no proof Bonds is cheating this year.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Only problem I have with this is Bonds didn't get hurt. 99.99 percent of the time I'm agianst stuff like this, but I wish he'd have hit Bonds in the face. Bonds made his own bed by being a cheating asshole and hopefully he continues to get hell for it....from the fans, the media, and now maybe even the players.

If Barry Bonds were on the Sox, I'd still hate him and would have a very hard time with rooting for my own team.

While i agree with the last sentence, the rest of this post was unnecessary and probably over the line. You wish he got hit in the face?!

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Note that is past tense, as there is absolutely no proof Bonds is cheating this year.

And voila, this year, he sucks!

I just wish they'd stop walking him since he's obviously not himself anymore.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)

So if your going to get on some crucifix, go do it with another team. The White Sox threw World Series games a crime far worse than trying to improve your performance. Yet you still come here as a Sox fan, not even from Chicago.

Im so sick of hearing this s***, its as if people act like Bonds is the first player to have ever cheated.

So I shouldn't be a Sox fan since our team threw a world series 87 years ago, a crime several other teams committed? Ok......and Bonds could be THE BIGGEST cheater in terms of juicing in the history of the game, based on how big and powerful he became all of a sudden in his mid 30's.

Bonds is not the first player to have ever cheated, but he's the saddest case since he was going to be a 500/500 HOF player WITHOUT the juice, so he didn't even have the "It made me a ton of money and gained me fame" excuse like others do. And btw, if Sosa or McGwire were the ones playing right now with 713 homers, I'd be saying THE EXACT SAME things about them.

While i agree with the last sentence, the rest of this post was unnecessary and probably over the line. You wish he got hit in the face?!

Your correct my post was over the line and out of line, however Bonds cheated when he didn't even need to, he was great WITHOUT the juice!! Plus he's an asshole to all, lies about his cheating, is a racist, and has no respect for anybody who played in the past unless they are black. He's a freaking joke, and maybe I shouldn't say hit in the face....how about instead he gets hit in the knee and can never play again. That way he's not hurt badly and can recover one day, but can't cheat anymore records out of the books.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
No. Hit him in the head with a 100 mph fastball and get it over with. While I think Bonds is the only player who deserves to get hit, I still believe that whoever hit him should be suspended, b/c MLB needs to be consistant, and can't allow it to be a 2-way street

Why exactly is Bonds the only one that deserves to be hit?

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)

Are you referring to Augustus Montero or whatever the f*** his name is? :D

His atrocious personality is what bothers me the most. You have to admit that the guy is just a complete piece of s***.

That said, I don't root for him to get hit in the head.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
I just wish they'd stop walking him since he's obviously not himself anymore.

no one wants to give up a record setting shot

i just read a quote from one of the Astros pen guys and he pretty much stated that Springer said before the game there was no way Bonds was going to make history off him.

Whitesoxfan,

Do you have any proof Bonds is the biggest cheater?

Do you have any stats of how many games Bonds cheated in versus other players who notoriously cheated?

How many games did Gaylord Perry cheat in?

How many games did Big Mac cheat in?

Or are you completely pulling things from the air?

So far Bonds has:

1) Never been caught cheating by MLB.

2) Never been caught by a drug test.

And your statement about a White Sox fan does not make sense. Who cares about how long it occurred, cheating is cheating. If you are so hellbent against cheating, then you should be consistent. Just because it happened 87 years ago does not dilute the crime.

Also so what that other teams threw games. I bet more people used steriods than threw games in baseball. Does that make steriods better?

No, the amount of people has nothing to do with the crime.

Throwing a baseball game is far worse than steriods. In one, you completely devalue the game, you are not even trying to win, you are purposefully losing. With steriods, atleast Bonds was trying to be better, trying to win.

However you slice it, Bonds is not the first, nor last person to cheat in Baseball. Either you have to treat all cheaters as the worst thing ever, or you have to treat them all with forgiveness and understanding.

You cant just draw the line because you personally dislike Bonds.

Well you can, just dont expect to be taken seriously by people.

Bonds should actually be at 712, b/c I remember a game in 2001 when SF was playing the Cubs, Bonds foul-tipped a pitch w/ 2 strikes and the catcher caught it. Bonds whacked him on the follow-thru, causing him the catcher to drop it. The ump said the catcher dropped it and allowed the AB to continue. Later in the AB, Bonds hit a grand slam

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
He's a juicer, a mean person, and a racist. The only reason he wants 715 is b/c Ruth is white, and he doesn't like white people. I bet that if Aaron was at 714 and Ruth was at 755, you'd see Bonds saying he wants to play in 2007 and go after Ruth

Shut up.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
Bonds should actually be at 712, b/c I remember a game in 2001 when SF was playing the Cubs, Bonds foul-tipped a pitch w/ 2 strikes and the catcher caught it. Bonds whacked him on the follow-thru, causing him the catcher to drop it. The ump said the catcher dropped it and allowed the AB to continue. Later in the AB, Bonds hit a grand slam

Are you f***ing serious with this s***?

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
He's a juicer, a mean person, and a racist. The only reason he wants 715 is b/c Ruth is white, and he doesn't like white people. I bet that if Aaron was at 714 and Ruth was at 755, you'd see Bonds saying he wants to play in 2007 and go after Ruth

Wow. I dislike Baroid as much as the next person, but do you really think he stayed in the game just to beat a white guy? :headshake

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Yes. For some reason I remember that game, and I remember that Bonds whacking the catcher on the follow-thru is why he dropped it.

Considering you hate the Cubs, you should be happy that it happened.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
but some of you guys are right, if he did this to someone on the sox (like Thome) we would be pissed.

Sure, but Thome is a class act, and opposing teams appreciate that. He doesn't just stand there and admire his HRs, he doesn't talk s***, he doesn't yap to the papers about opposing teams, etc. You could say the same for just about every other position player on the Sox. Class should be the first word that comes to mind when trying to describe our current unit.

Really, AJ is the only guy who pretty much asks to get plunked, although people haven't really been going after him in the games that I've seen.

I'd actually like to see some HBP numbers over the past 5 years. Does anyone know of a site where I can find this information?

I'm assuming the people that fall into the middle ground of this little argument just aren't posting?

Should Springer have thrown at Bonds? Nope

Is Bonds a saint and innocent of any wrongdoing? Nope

I'm so glad that Soxbadger told me that there are players on the Sox who have cheated more than Barry has. lol..fascinating

Almost as bad as posting that someone should hit Barry in the head and get it over with. Now I know why ESPN airs Bonds stuff 12 hours a day, because you people are obsessed with talking about this clown.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Sure, but Thome is a class act, and opposing teams appreciate that. He doesn't just stand there and admire his HRs, he doesn't talk s***, he doesn't yap to the papers about opposing teams, etc.

definately

personally, i thought it was great the guy threw at bonds.