Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
Wow. What a lineup. I think I kinda like it.

For once at least everything seems to make sense to me. Cintron is hitting .300 against this pitcher, ok plug him in. Buehrle wants Alomar, ok he's in. Thome's hurt, ok Gload.

JP Howell melts down almost as well as Vazquez. Sean Casey gets his first RBI for the Tigers, 2-2 in the 2nd.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
Wow. What a lineup. I think I kinda like it.

Dye finally in the number three spot where he belongs!

Let's hope he stays there for the rest of the season. The Sox took off last year after he was moved there. Dye, Thome, Konerko--3, 4, 5 respectively for the rest of the year.

I'll be listening on XM satellite tonight. My fingers are crossed that Mark B can pitch like the Mark we know and love. If he wins I will feel so much better about this teams chances of giving the Tigers a run for 1st place or at least getting that Wild Card spot. We can always get into the World Series that way. :gosox3:

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
Wind blowing out to left tonight. It's going to be a long night for at least one of these pitchers. Last time Ozuna played in this outfield with it being windy, he had a terrible defensive night.

In other words, Mark needs to keep the ball down. Which is exactly what he's needed to do for about 5 starts.

We didn't pick up his fastball at all that inning. Perez looked pretty good though.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Huh? Something else wrong with him?

You hate to see these type of things start popping up around each other. Hopefully he'll be fine for this weekend.