LOST! thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shakes @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
Are they known to swim distances? Why am I analyzing this. Everytime I think I have something figured out on this show I'm wrong.

The distance between the islands, while far, seems like a polar bear could accomplish crossing, especially if motivated by hunger. that's my guess. Plus, if you look on the "map" of the island, the actual facility where the polar bears were experimented on is on the main island, not the zoo.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 28, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
seems strange that two islands so close wouldn't have the same food sources.

I think this is a reference to my post. He said the second island was 2x the size of alcatraz (maybe a few square miles, while the other island probably a few hundred square miles. It's easy to calculate the differences in food sources.

If i were a polar bear, I'd take a swim.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 05:07 AM)
Damn something else just hit me. There might not be a second island. If there is, how did Hurely get from their camp back to the rest of his group? I think Ben really pulled another bigger con on Sawyer.

Remember, Hurley went home from the docks. That makes even more sense because Hurley was never at the main camp (which is the one that is apparently on the other island).

However, I have a feeling there are some sort of under ground channels that lead you to the other island.

Sometimes I want to punch lost for making me want to watch something so badly. The pace-maker thing was unreal, and I believed it. Jack scrubbing in was the first non-planned thing, and was quite cool in the grand scheme of thigns.

Sometimes I want to punch lost for making me want to watch something so badly. The pace-maker thing was unreal, and I believed it. Jack scrubbing in was the first non-planned thing, and was quite cool in the grand scheme of thigns.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)

you can say that again...

*****Spoilers if u havent seen the new episode*****

I didnt like the fact that they killed him off, but it had to happen sometime because he did not want to be invested a long time in this show:

Cuse: When Adewale came on the show, he didn’t want to make a long-term commitment to a series. We love him and so we agreed that he would come on the show and then we would find a time in which his arc would come to an end. And we sort of felt after a lot of conversations with him — most of which took place at the end of the spring last year — that we would finish his character somewhere in [these first] six episodes. And as we started talking about what was going to really help the drama of these six episodes, we thought, “Well, this is the perfect place to do it.” As we said, we all kind of went into this [with the idea] that it was only going to be for a limited period of time.
Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
*****Spoilers if u havent seen the new episode*****

I didnt like the fact that they killed him off, but it had to happen sometime because he did not want to be invested a long time in this show:

This show drives me f***ing crazy. This cloud of smoke thing is just ridiculous. That being said, can't wait for next week.

I heard someone mention the black smoke as a representation of the black angel of death.

Anyways, not a bad episode again. I love the scenes back and forth between Jack and Ben with the surgery, and then the other girl comes back in with the video asking him to kill Ben "accidentally". Damn, that was something else.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 08:26 AM)
This show drives me f***ing crazy. This cloud of smoke thing is just ridiculous. That being said, can't wait for next week.

The problem I have with this show, is everything seems government conspiracy, and then "weird others" conspiracy, so it becomes believable, then they throw the black smoke at us again.

It started out as "magical, unbelievable things" happening, then those things were explained with real life (everything must just be part of a project)... even the polar bears could possibly be explained that way.

Now a cloud of black smoke kills eko, wtf?

However, that episode was great, so much for my favorite character, now locke is back on top (and sawyer, who's going to get some next week).

Did anyone else notice the 'mechanical' noises (like grinding gears) the black smoke was making?

I also think that Juliette and her video could have been Ben's idea, to test Jack.

It seems odd to me that Ben would go through the elaborate plan of 'breaking' Jack to get him to 'want' to operate on him. Why not welcome the survivors with open arms? Give them food/water, etc. Be friends with them. That would be the easiest way to get Jack to perform the surgery.

I think there's something bigger going on that we have no idea about...

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
this show just never really disappoints me.

who the flock is the eye-patch guy? have we seen him before? and iirc, didn't locke and eko find a glass eye when they first found the pearl hatch?

I thought he was radizinsky or whatever, the guy pushing the button two guys before Desmond.

Also the video from Juliet absolutely blew my mind. Unreal.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
I thought he was radizinsky or whatever, the guy pushing the button two guys before Desmond.

Also the video from Juliet absolutely blew my mind. Unreal.

no doubt. i don't trust her at all.

i think back to what sawyer said to kate about her after he tried his little break-out routine.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
i can't stop watching dammit

sigh...

i guess he asked to be written off and such. Still felt like a really sloppy show last night.

I agree. It seemed like they just threw together an episode just to kill him off and added some stuff with Jack, Ben and Juliette to keep our attention. I read this thread before I watched the episode, however, so I knew he was going to die. meh. C+ episode to me.