White Sox vs. Yankees, 8/02/07 (W)

Kalapse

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
Because it was a deal I couldnt refuse-Ken Williams

2 Utility guys who pretty much are similiar.

Well when one utility guy hits pretty well and plays infield and outfield. And other has a nagging injury, and has been pretty much crap for most of the year. The guy who hits gets traded for a non prospect. The latin one who gets hugged by our manager gets to stay. It makes sense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
Thome hurt again? I'm really surprised we didn't see what type of market was out there for him, and if he'd be willing to waive his NTC

No kidding. What good will he be for usnext year anyway? We have no chance to win the division next year with this team and farm system.

2 for 3 isn't good enough in a game?

it is, i just want him to hit above .270 like he is capable of doing. i'm sure konerko will light up the tigers though, so it's coming.

would $14 million be enough to lock up Dye for 2 seasons? how about Erstad, it's about time he contributed to this 2007 ball club.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
would $14 million be enough to lock up Dye for 2 seasons? how about Erstad, it's about time he contributed to this 2007 ball club.

I think JD would take 6 or 7 million a year for 3 years to stay in Chicago. I think the Sox should do it too.

and here goes Big Jon. It is insane by ridiculous proportions how we give up runs as soon as we score em.

OMG...I started this post when Jon let the first three guys on in the Bot of the 3rd and gave up 1 run, I then had to leave my desk and I never finished the post. Now I get back and they f***in tied it up .....OMG HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dye's arm is night and day compared to the girly armed podsednik. Then you add in his pop, and i say why not? i'm not sure, but i think dye is outperforming the $75 million man in beantown...JD Drew. boston wishes they had dye to put him in the 5 hole.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 01:55 PM)
Polanco is the exact opposite of the type of hitter the sox create. He hits to all fields, he puts the bat on the ball, and is a tough tough person to strikeout. I along with others wish we had picked him up. He is what a number 2 hitter should be. Our smaller guys should strive to hit like that.

I seem to remember being the leader of the Polanco Pride Crew before we acquired Iguchi, with many others citing the Yankees signing of Tony Womack and Polanco's eventual return to Philly (without really testing the FA market) as a cue that he wasn't a very valuable piece to have on a championship club.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
I think JD would take 6 or 7 million a year for 3 years to stay in Chicago. I think the Sox should do it too.

No chance in hell will he take that little money. He'll get at least 10 a year.

i can't believe i'm about to say something good about uribe but here it goes. juan has cut down on his 1 pitch hacking and has actually been working the count of late.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
2 Utility guys who pretty much are similiar.

Well when one utility guy hits pretty well and plays infield and outfield. And other has a nagging injury, and has been pretty much crap for most of the year. The guy who hits gets traded for a non prospect. The latin one who gets hugged by our manager gets to stay. It makes sense.

Maybe nobody wanted to give a damn thing up for the terrible Alex Cintron. Of course, Ozzie Latino! makes more sense.