Canseco injected Maggs

DaTank

Here's an excerpt from Mariotti's article today in the Sun-Times. It's an excerpt of Canseco's new book too.

...And when he tells a tale about injecting Magglio Ordonez with steroids in the White Sox clubhouse in 2001, you have to reason to summarily dismiss it as a lie and every reason to ask again why Jerry Reinsdorf and Ken Williams signed Canseco when everyone knew he was a steroids freak. Enablers, I say. "I met Maggs in 2001, when I was with the White Sox," Canseco writes in his book. "When is was all said and done, when Maggs had the information he needed, he told me he was in. A few days later, we went into the back room in the clubhouse, and I jabbed a needle into his butt. " 'Ow,' he said. 'That hurt.' " ' You'll get used to it,' I said."

Do you think Canseco is lying here?

Edited by jenks45monster

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
80% or more? I'm thinking its more like a quarter, at most.

Not even close....60 pct is the number I've always heard from scouts. It's interesting the Ordonez stuff, as Boers and Bernstein made a comment about him after he left the Sox, and KW just laughed when asked about him using PEDs.

I believe that he was telling the truth on everything that he said in his first book, I think history has proven him to be giving his honest word. However, when he says things like "It isn't the right time" when asked to provide proof on his A-Rod statements, he begins to look like someone who is simply trying to stay in the spotlight and make more $$ to me. Maggs was very shady with how he handled his injury, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he took PEDs, but I havent really decided if Conseco's new book is trustworthy or not.

On a side note, if you had info on A-Rod and were writing a tell-all book on PEDs in the MLB, wouldnt you include the info in your first book? It just sounds really fishy to me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
Not even close....60 pct is the number I've always heard from scouts. It's interesting the Ordonez stuff, as Boers and Bernstein made a comment about him after he left the Sox, and KW just laughed when asked about him using PEDs.

i think its gotta be even higher than that .....talk to high school football players...ill bet they tell you 15-20% of their team takes em....at least thats the number ive heard from a few guys in HS football...so id be willing to bet way, way, way more major leaguers took them than 25%

Even though I think ARod has used PEDs, I don't believe Canseco. I feel as if Canseco has personal hatred for him, and he's taking advantage of the public believing everything he says in order to tarnish ARod. And someone please tell Canseco to stop wearing make-up. He looked terrible on tv last night.

With players willing to go all-or-nothing to get the absolutely highest payday in free agency, its hard to believe that many wouldn't use PEDs if it helped accomplish that goal. While there is no 1:1 correlation between the two, the mitigating factors like ethics are impossible to know. I guess my point is that players that seek the highest payday may be more likely to be perceived as potential PED users. Maggs fits into that category. I have no idea if he did or not but was very disappointed in how his tenure with the Sox ended.

It's probably true and I'm rather disappointed. I used to argue he was the best right Chicago right fielder because even though his numbers weren't quite as good as some north side roidhead, at least he did it naturally. This kind of puts a bullet in my argument. Now you can just say Sosa had the better steroids.

You know he is lying when he can't even spell days right:

"When is was all said and done, when Maggs had the information he needed, he told me he was in. A few dayd later, we went into the back room in the clubhouse, and I jabbed a needle into his butt. " 'Ow,' he said. 'That hurt.' " ' You'll get used to it,' I said."
Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(jenks45monster @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Why do you have to make a big deal out of a simple mistake?

I don't think he was personally going at you. I bet he thought the typos were from a copy/paste of the quote in the book; I thought the same thing initially.

However, after checking the actual article online, I noticed it was your's. No biggy.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
I don't think he was personally going at you. I bet he thought the typos were from a copy/paste of the quote in the book; I thought the same thing initially.

However, after checking the actual article online, I noticed it was your's. No biggy.

Yeah, the Sun-Times website wouldn't load for me so I had to type it straight from the actual paper, and I didn't double check before posting. And may I ask the mod/admin who moved my thread to move it back? I posted it there because this alleged injection happened on our club and in our clubhouse, thanks.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Except the Hurt.

Frank had nintendo numbers naturally.

I could see Maggs juicing though, even though I like him as a person and a player, he had a small frame that just added mass and power.

p1_ordonez_si.jpg

magglio%20ordonez.JPG

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
Frank had nintendo numbers naturally.

I could see Maggs juicing though, even though I like him as a person and a player, he had a small frame that just added mass and power.

magglio%20ordonez.JPG

Unlike guys like Giambi and Bonds, at least in that card, he looks to me to already have a solid frame. He certainly doesn't look like a twig there, like some other people...

giambi.jpg

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 06:54 PM)
Unlike guys like Giambi and Bonds, at least in that card, he looks to me to already have a solid frame. He certainly doesn't look like a twig there, like some other people...

giambi.jpg

bondstp.jpg