5/12 White Sox (18-18) vs LA Angels (22-17)

Kyyle23

Mark's line tonight

5 2/3 innings, 10 hits, eight runs, six earned.

Adelweis' line: same 5 2/3, 9 hits, but only four runs, four earned.

We are going NOWHERE until we get a clue about driving in runs.

Thanks Cabrera for picking up your team tonight and leaving 7 on base!!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
Ha, I was on athlon's site looking for the release date as I read this, scary.

lol. thats funny. I cant wait until Phil Steele's magazine comes out.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
lol. thats funny. I cant wait until Phil Steele's magazine comes out.

I have hope that NIU and Illinois will both have decent teams in the same year for only the 2nd time in my life (the first being 2001). Hopefully they don't let me down like the Sox have the last few years now if you count this year as a lost cause already.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
3-4, 2b, homer for Berkman tonight. He has 24 hits in last 9 games.

I went to a game in full Sox gear in 2006 in Houston, and he still threw me a ball during BP. I can't speak to the character of a man I haven't met or known personally, but that act says it if any one act can.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:18 AM)
I went to a game in full Sox gear in 2006 in Houston, and he still threw me a ball during BP. I can't speak to the character of a man I haven't met or known personally, but that act says it if any one act can.

He's supposed to be one of the nicer guys in all of baseball. I really enjoy watching the middle of the Astros order.

Sadly, I watch the games and Buehrle's hot streak last year and Crede's home run binge in 2006 were both mirages. It was obvious at the time, and it's REALLY obvious now.

How about 2005? Because Buerhle pitched very well then, as well. As I said, he's BEEN consistent. 05 and 06 were no mirages. Crede I disagree with to some degree, as he's had some good patches of hitting since 05. I can accept that point of view about Joe, though. But calling Beurhle's 2007 a "mirage" when he's had a lot of success seems kind of ridiculous to me.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:20 AM)
I know that hit doesnt mean anything but why not put JD in the 4 spot? Atleast he's shown to get some hits this year and isnt an automatic out like PK.

Funny plays at second base for AJ tonight. He's looked better at the plate lately. I agree with you though, we have to move Thome and PK out of the 3/4 spot. Maybe it will take some of the pressure off of those guys.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:21 PM)
How about 2005? Because Buerhle pitched very well then, as well. As I said, he's BEEN consistent. 05 and 06 were no mirages. Crede I disagree with to some degree, as he's had some good patches of hitting since 05. I can accept that point of view about Joe, though. But calling Beurhle's 2007 a "mirage" when he's had a lot of success seems kind of ridiculous to me.

The reason I say Buehrle's 2007 was a mirage is his stuff wasn't there. His stuff has never been great, but his stuff was 200 percent better in 2005 than 2007. You just can't get people out with the stuff Buehrle is throwing now long term. He was able to somehow do it last year, but it's getting him now.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 13, 2008 -> 12:23 AM)
Jermaine Dye is solid for us again this year.

i only hope that if he is still hitting well at the allstar break that KW trades him and learns from PK and Thomes struggles that it will be better to trade a guy a year early rather than a year late

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:24 AM)
Bootcheck is gone if they hadn't added those 4 IMO.

Of course, but it's the principle of the situation. Could you imagine the outrage if Fields had done a similar thing in a 2 week span?