9/18 Sox vs. Bombers - 6:05 pm, WGN

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
the quote i heard on the radio was prefaced w/ "if the playoffs started tomorrow..."

They should be startin' tomorrow. MLB season is too goddamn long IMO. Should be 140 games or 150 at the most...that's plenty. It's ridiculous when the last game of the WS is in the first week of November like last year.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
I remember leaving work to go watch the clincher at Outback Steakhouse. Crede botched a routine grounder, and you're right, Polanco's liner sure looked like a double.

I was watching it on DirecTV from Colombia, South America, lol.

I remember ordering the Freddy Garcia "clinching" shirt with black piping and grey that very instant. I almost ordered a Jose Contreras jersey!!!

It looks like the 162 day season and being on the road so much has finally caught up with those inexperienced, 25 year-old Twins' pitchers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
They should be startin' tomorrow. MLB season is too goddamn long IMO. Should be 140 games or 150 at the most...that's plenty. It's ridiculous when the last game of the WS is in the first week of November like last year.

I don't mind it, because baseball is my favorite sport.

Here's my question, and trust me, I'm not a BA lover: Hawk was saying how Walker told him two weeks ago that Brian Anderson has found his swing, and he's going to do a lot of damage at the plate. Why aren't we looking for ways to get him in the lineup? As much as I'm aware that Ozzie has a personal issue with him, it still seems like he needs to be playing more than once a week.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
I honestly don't see how this pussbag has won 17 games. You watch him and think a decent college team could beat him.

The same way Greg Maddux won so many games in his 30's, although Maddux never threw 94-96 in his prime like Mr. New York Times Crossword Intellectual.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
Don't you watch ESPN?

No...not really. Only if my team is on with them. Nothin' but a bunch of douche nozzles who live and breath everything East and sensationalize the crap out of everything to the point of nauseum. I can't even have my volume on watching monday night football because I think Tony Kornheiser is the most worthless POS they've ever employed.

btw...I know that was sarcasm.

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Here's my question, and trust me, I'm not a BA lover: Hawk was saying how Walker told him two weeks ago that Brian Anderson has found his swing, and he's going to do a lot of damage at the plate. Why aren't we looking for ways to get him in the lineup? As much as I'm aware that Ozzie has a personal issue with him, it still seems like he needs to be playing more than once a week.

I've never been a fan of his bat at all, but if nothing else, he's earned the right to play more. He's been coming up with some nice hits of late.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:58 PM)
IMO, you pull Javy if the yankees score again, and let Carrasco pitch into the 5th or 6th, and take your chances with what's left in our pen

I don't want Javy ending the year playoffs or not, on arm fatigue

I agree that we should have him on a short leash, and let him rest up for the Twins series.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
No...not really. Only if my team is on with them. Nothin' but a bunch of douche nozzles who live and breath everything East and sensationalize the crap out of everything to the point of nauseum. I can't even have my volume on watching monday night football because I think Tony Kornheiser is the most worthless POS they've ever employed.

I'd have to go with Limbaugh on that count. That was a really silly stretch on their part to think that move would work. Limbaugh would have been better for baseball...almost like having Ebert doing mnf.