Expanded Instant Replay

HeGone33

I've always been one for just having the home run replays, but after yesterday losing due to a run that should have not been on base, and then today a run scoring on a ball that was foul, screw it, I'm all for it...........let these two games be an example of just how much to miscalled plays can fu*k things up......

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:59 PM)
If we feel like we're getting screwed on calls, then why doesn't our jackass manager go get tossed?

I was honestly glad he didn't make an ass of himself. It would have just made their fans go even crazier. Probably was best to just bend over and take it at that point.

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Is it really that hard to make the check swing call? It's gotta be one of the most inconsistent calls in the game with the home team having way too much advantage.

I could plainly see that he didn't go around from the upper deck. I don't know how the third base ump missed it from 90 feet away.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
No way. If they do full-blown instant replay, I am going to quit my job as an umpire. I could easily be a barista. The human aspect of the game is what makes this game so unique and wonderful.

Yep, exactly what I'm thinking tonight, this game is so wonderful.......I'm so glad for all those close plays........bless those Twins

A human aspect of blowing a play right in front of your eyes where a guy is out is not so much a human aspect to me.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
No way. If they do full-blown instant replay, I am going to quit my job as an umpire. I could easily be a barista. The human aspect of the game is what makes this game so unique and wonderful.

the 'human aspect' argument is bulls***

the human aspect of the game comes from the players

No, we need as little instant replay as possible. In '05 if replay existed Podsednik would have been called out on the pick off attempt to first and Pierzynski might have been ruled out on the "dropped third strike" if it never actually hit the ground. It does make the game unique and remember, when you're watching TV with home town announcers like Hawk, you will find many more things against you than against the other team, when in reality the blown calls go about 50/50 most of the time.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:13 PM)
Yep, exactly what I'm thinking tonight, this game is so wonderful.......I'm so glad for all those close plays........bless those Twins

A human aspect of blowing a play right in front of your eyes where a guy is out is not so much a human aspect to me.

Blown calls have happened to every team in all of baseball history. Quit your b****ing. I'm sure if those calls were in our favor, you wouldn't be calling for full instant replay right now.

A great team will always find a win, even through adversity like blown calls. Obviously we're not a great team, and far from it.