7/12: Sox @ Twinkles: 1:10 CT, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 07:19 PM)
Is Bremer screaming that the Twins dominance of the Sox continues even though losing today we are up 5-4 in the season series so far?

How hard is it to understand he's talking about the Sox playing at Minnesota?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 12:23 PM)
I know DAllen will share a laugh with me about Hawk saying you never have to worry about a Sox player dogging it to first on a ground ball.

he said that??!!

my god - just last week pods would've been safe after the pitcher bobbled a comebacker...that is, if he'd been running to first.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
How hard is it to understand he's talking about the Sox playing at Minnesota?

Does he realize that we also play half of the games at the Cell and we consistently beat them there?

Also the most important game between the 2 teams last year was won by us...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
Home ump makes a horrible call on a force out at home, saying LaRue never touched the plate. Run scores. Next batter, the ball goes through Terminator's legs for 2 more.

I refuse to believe the Cubs get a favorable call at home!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 07:25 PM)
he said that??!!

my god - just last week pods would've been safe after the pitcher bobbled a comebacker...that is, if he'd been running to first.

yes, he said it's unfortunate it happens for some teams, but you never have to worry about it with the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
I know DAllen will share a laugh with me about Hawk saying you never have to worry about a Sox player dogging it to first on a ground ball.

It was only a few years ago, 2004 I believe when espn quoted a scout saying they couldn't get times for any White Sox going down to first base, because they, as a team, rarely ran it out. Konerko, Thome and Beckham run everything out, athough Thome sort of pulls up occassionally with his heel problem. Everyone else, I've seen them all dog it to first.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
It was only a few years ago, 2004 I believe when espn quoted a scout saying they couldn't get times for any White Sox going down to first base, because they, as a team, rarely ran it out. Konerko, Thome and Beckham run everything out, athough Thome sort of pulls up occassionally with his heel problem. Everyone else, I've seen them all dog it to first.

It was 2007 with that quote, I'm pretty sure.