AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CSF @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
Ozzie said during the postgame press conf that they would have a party to celebrate the 2 runenrs caught stealing. :lolhitting

lol, I was shocked both times, especially since they were no doubters.

Well, AJ doesn't have the greatest arm, but the pitchers often give him zero chance

Percentage of perfect innings of work in save situations this season among AL saves leaders:

Joe Nathan:     15/27 = 56%

Mo Rivera: 15/28 = 54%

Brian Fuentes: 14/32 = 44%

Bobby Jenks: 10/25 = 40%

George Sherrill: 8/23 = 35%

David Aardsma: 8/24 = 33%

Jon Papelbon: 8/26 = 31%

Fernando Rodney: 6/20 = 30%

Twins led the A's 12-2 in the 2nd inning. Then it became 13-7 in the 7th.

It's now 14-13 Oakland. They put a 7 spot highlighted by a Holliday slam.

Minny's pen = EPIC FAIL

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:15 AM)
Carlos Torres start was pushed back a day. I'm thinking we might see him make a start if Richard struggles (with Richard or Poreda headed back to Charlotte temporarily to make roster space for Colon's short start).

No reason to push it back regardless of what Richards does

QUOTE (CSF @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:06 AM)
Twins led the A's 12-2 in the 2nd inning. Then it became 13-7 in the 7th.

It's now 14-13 Oakland. They put a 7 spot highlighted by a Holliday slam.

Minny's pen = EPIC FAIL

GO A'S!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Percentage of perfect innings of work in save situations this season among AL saves leaders:

Mo Rivera: 14/27 = 52%

Brian Fuentes: 14/31 = 45%

Bobby Jenks: 10/24 = 42%

Fernando Rodney: 6/19 = 32%

I'm don't know what's more surprising: Papelbon's high WHIP this season or Rivera putting up Nathan-like numbers at age 40.

I love me some Jenks, but I still have a difficult time putting him in the same tier as those three.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:17 AM)
Bobby will have us shaking in the 9th but he usually gets the job done. Nice win.

It is always good to win, but this stuff from Jenks doing his best to blow games lately is not fun. He needs to figure out what's going on here because this will catch up to him and the Sox soon enough. When the team pulls it out and wins it is easy to forgive, but play with fire and you will get burnt eventually

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:08 AM)
I'm don't know what's more surprising: Papelbon's high WHIP this season or Rivera putting up Nathan-like numbers at age 40.

I love me some Jenks, but I still have a difficult time putting him in the same tier as those three.

That's because he's not as good as them. Nathan and Rivera are in a stratosphere all their own. Mariano Rivera has walked 10 batters over his last 115 IP. He's become Dennis Eckersley only, older.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)

Mo Rivera: 14/27 = 52%

Brian Fuentes: 14/31 = 45%

Bobby Jenks: 10/24 = 42%

Fernando Rodney: 6/19 = 32%

its surprising how few 1-2-3's there are. for now jenks is 22/24 so hopefully he can stop pulling the high wire act that he has been doing recently.

i love this lineup

lets beat up on niemann tomorrow so richard can have a stress free start

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
This is game 1 of a 17 game stretch that will be key in how we are looking heading into the final 7 weeks in the season. One down, 16 more to go, and if we can go 11-6 over this period I think we win this division.

There's like a 10-game road trip in late August/early September that consists solely of Boston, New York, and Minnesota. I'm not going to look that far ahead, but if the division race stays close, that trip could make or break this team.

They've also been pretty damn good on the road this season, even winning a game against Minnesota.

I also believe that series includes our final game at the Metrodome, barring another 1-game playoff.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:08 AM)

I'm just surprised that there's a guy named George Sherrill pitching.