Rays (51-42) @ White Sox (48-44) 7:11pm CSN-HD

WSoxMatt

WOW, Clayton Richard threw a pitch at 96 MPH, it's impossible, it's against the laws of nature!!!

If not for Ben Zobrist's HR against Matt Thornton in Bartolo's start (6th inning), we would be 5-0 against the best team in the AL from last season.(Sorry if that is too much to read or you have an abbreviated attention span).

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
WOW, Clayton Richard threw a pitch at 96 MPH, it's impossible, it's against the laws of nature!!!

If not for Ben Zobrist's HR against Matt Thornton in Bartolo's start (6th inning), we would be 5-0 against the best team in the AL from last season.(Sorry if that is too much to read or you have an abbreviated attention span).

I always thought that it was a hell of a pitch by Thornton too. High and inside, and Zobrist just turned on it for the Grand Slam.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
that curve that Getz swung and missed for strike 2 was SICK...Wow

Which does help explain (besides affordability) why the Rays felt justified in dumping Edwin Jackson...so maybe the comparison with Niemann's stuff and Jenks by Maddon isn't totally unfounded after all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
Bartlett (former Piranha instincts kicking in) with perfect positioning against Getz, who was 6 for 15 against TB as the leadoff hitter earlier in the year.

Or AJ was running on the pitch and he was going over to cover 2B. Either one.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
Once again, sorry, I am in Thailand and no MLB.TV because of slow wireless connection, so I couldn't "see" that AJ was running. :-(

Unearned run should go to Richard if the runner at 3B scores (assuming we had an actual MLB CFer).

Cept it wasn't an error therefore no unearned run.