Breaded Steak sandwich...

shipps

For those that love the breaded steak sandwich I have found you the best and I ask you to please go and try it. You will thank me. I know some of out of towners know about Ricobenes breaded steak which is alright but they got nothing on this beast that I have found.

Growing up there was a place called La Milanese an italian joint that was a couple blocks away from where I lived. They had the best breaded steak you would ever taste and they knew it. They were only open a few hours a day but they had a line out the door every minute they were open. Well the owners got sick and they had to close because the son wouldnt keep the place going. That was years ago but there is a place that bought the recipe from the son and all the other recipes that La Milanese had. It is pretty much that exact same thing. The place is on Archer and Halsted by the Orange line and its called Mangia Fresca.

http://www.mangiafresca.com/

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
I've actually known about this for months. You should've just asked, SHIPPS.

I have too but I just didnt post about it. It is f***ing awesome though isnt it...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
You bet your ass. I've actually heard that the breaded chicken is even better, though. The only problem is that it's all pretty expensive.

Yeah the chicken is great and the eggplant is great. The rice balls are fantastic also.

I have yet to go to this place, but if it's like La Milanese, then take Shipps word that it's good. As for Ricobenes ... eh. When my family had a place day after day we would have people come in who swore Ricobenes was the best. Then they'd try our steak sandwiches and changed their minds rather quickly. La Milanese was on par if not better than ours ... Ricobenes never compared to either.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
Is this what us Texans call chicken fried steak? And better served with a white gravy?

It is thinner but they give you a bunch of it with red sauce,mozz, and sweet peppers...mmmmmmmm...diet gonna go bad.

QUOTE (Molto @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
I have yet to go to this place, but if it's like La Milanese, then take Shipps word that it's good. As for Ricobenes ... eh. When my family had a place day after day we would have people come in who swore Ricobenes was the best. Then they'd try our steak sandwiches and changed their minds rather quickly. La Milanese was on par if not better than ours ... Ricobenes never compared to either.

You guys had awesome egg plant. Better than I have had anywhere else.

QUOTE (Molto @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)

I demand proof... mostly because I love a good breaded.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
Well, the service is pretty good.

Yeah I always thought the "service" would be pretty good in there....nice dark windows with dim lighting....yep...good service alright. ;)

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
Then call them what they are. Arrancini. Pronounced: ahh-rahn-CHEE-nee. If you want to be cool roll the R.

They are awesome!

He feels weird in that good way :lolhitting