Game 1- Sox @ Mariners Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big game for them. If they win tonight, I think the fans and the team with have faith that the Sox can really beat a HIGH quality team, and mabye give some more respect to the sox that they belong in first place.

Every game is big, when youre in a pennant race. :headbang

One thing I noticed was that Bartolo wasnt at the game last night. I checked out Whitesox.com and they said that Colon left for Seattle on Thursday and wasnt at the last KC game. Thats wierd.

The White Sox send Bartolo Colon and his two-game winning streak to the mound. Colon was in Seattle Thursday night, waiting for his team and their four-game winning streak to arrive.

One thing I noticed was that Bartolo wasnt at the game last night. I checked out Whitesox.com and they said that Colon left for Seattle on Thursday and wasnt at the last KC game. Thats wierd.

The White Sox send Bartolo Colon and his two-game winning streak to the mound. Colon was in Seattle Thursday night, waiting for his team and their four-game winning streak to arrive.

Any more weird than Sandy taking a dump when they needed him to pinch hit? :lol: Nah sending BC to the next city, when hes due to start, is not abnormal.

Any more weird than Sandy taking a dump when they needed him to pinch hit? :lol: Nah sending BC to the next city, when hes due to start, is not abnormal.

Santos was taking a s*** when being called up for Pinch Hitting duty? No s*** he hit the s*** out of the ball!

not wierd, he wasn't going to be used in any way on Thursday and he got a full night's sleep, not having traveled after the game last night, not arriving early this morning, not checking into a hotel until the wee hours - he's all tanned and rested and reasy to go

not wierd, he wasn't going to be used in any way on Thursday and he got a full night's sleep, not having traveled after the game last night, not arriving early this morning,  not checking into a hotel until the wee hours - he's all tanned and rested and reasy to go

He was prolly at Starbucks, eating Scones, and having a low-fat latte.....Ok Bart was prolly at Old Country Buffet, with the entire pan of Lasanga at his table.

This happens all the time. The starting pitcher for the next game travels to the next city the day before the game so he gets a good nights rest. The Sox didn't get into Seattle until the wee hours. A few years ago I went to see the Sox in Milwaukee. Parque was pitching the first game of the series. It started on a Sunday.I was staying at the team hotel, and was watching the Sox play St. Louis. About the fourth inning, I had to go get beer, when I went out the front door of the hotel Parque was walking in. Bart I'm sure used up all of his $172 in meal money yesterday, and will pitch great tonight.

Did Anyone see how Minnesota won yesterday on Sportscenter? It was such bulls*** it reminded of their team last year. With 2 outs, a 1-2 count, and players on 1st and Second the Orioles pitcher strikes out a Minnesota player (cant remember who) for the last out. The problem was the ball flew out of the catchers hand and goes to the backstop. The player runs to first base, and once again escapes ending the game when the first baseman cant catch the throw from the catcher. Meanwhile Doug M..... ties the game. Of course Minnesota ends up winning in extra innings off of a Metrodome hope. This team is starting to aggrivate me, and they play the Detroit Tigers tonight. KC has been shot down, and can easily lose the series to TB. Before we begin to draw all our attention on KC, its worth noting Minnesota is creeping back, slowly.

This team is starting to aggrivate me, and they play the Detroit Tigers tonight.  KC has been shot down, and can easily lose the series to TB.  Before we begin to draw all our attention on KC, its worth noting Minnesota is creeping back, slowly.

The only place to direct any attention to is who the Sox are playing each game.

Tonights Lineups:

Chi White Sox

AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg

R. Alomar 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .301

C. Lee lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .273

F. Thomas dh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .269

M. Ordonez rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .323

C. Everett cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .266

P. Konerko 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .225

J. Valentin ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .238

J. Crede 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .233

M. Olivo c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .234