White Sox vs Rockies First Pitch 2:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
I hope we average 10K per home game going forward. Maybe Jerry will finally force a change in management.

No thanks, rather give next GM/Manager a chance to succeed with a solid payroll. We just have to wait another 3 months, and everything will work out. I'm very confident of that.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Our reporters will be too busy falling over themselves to get quotes about how he hates wrigley and how the rats in the tunnels frighten him.

Yeah no doubt. We need more reporters from New York who have balls.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Our reporters will be too busy falling over themselves to get quotes about how he hates wrigley and how the rats in the tunnels frighten him.

This might be the post of the year. :notworthy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
He wants out, but he wants to be paid. This is blatant. I cannot believe that someone who is around the game so often would inexplicably play people out of position, bench two great hitters on the same day, trot out a lineup where the first four batters have the following OPS's: Juan Pierre - .618, Omar Vizquel - .635, Adam Dunn - .624, Alex Rios - .593.

It's obvious. Ozzie Guillen is done being the manager, but our Owner is too loyal to do anything about it.

Benching both Paulie & CQ was dumb, one of them should have played. But who the hell else is he supposed to put in the lineup? This is the roster he has. Lillibridge might be a better option, but he also has struggled the more he has played.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
Teahen. 1b.

He's played there before, it's not new. And anyways Teahen is always out of position when he plays: his position his sitting his ass on the bench.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
Can someone give me one good reason that the hitting coach for a lineup that features more OPS's under .640 than I can ever remember still has a job?

No. Nobody can nor will. He seemingly has a free pass for life, like Ozzie.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
Here is my lineup for the Cubs series (with roster moves):

1. Lilli CF

2. Alexei SS

3. Quentin Rf

4. Konerko 1B

5. Viciedo LF

6. AJP C

7. Beckham 2B

8 Morel 3B

9. Stupid Pitcher spot

But it will be

Pierre

Morel

Quentin

Konerko

AJP

Ramirez

Rios

Beckham

Pitcher

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Can someone give me one good reason that the hitting coach for a lineup that features more OPS's under .640 than I can ever remember still has a job?

Just think, there's probably some way we could have fit Morel into this lineup too.