Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

Jayson Stark is saying that the Phillies offered up Jared Cosart, Jonathan Singleton, and another mid tier pitching prospect for Hunter Pence. Quentin is cheaper and has been more productive this year than Pence, but is worse defensively, but I would think a similar package could be had for CQ. Giving the Sox a solid bat in the system to replace PK and a starter for 2013.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Jayson Stark is saying that the Phillies offered up Jared Cosart, Jonathan Singleton, and another mid tier pitching prospect for Hunter Pence. Quentin is cheaper and has been more productive this year than Pence, but is worse defensively, but I would think a similar package could be had for CQ. Giving the Sox a solid bat in the system to replace PK and a starter for 2013.

He's only cheaper by a million and a half bucks or so. And Pence is under team-control for two more years after this one. That's a big deal. He doesn't durable and an absolute stud in RF. I doubt they'd offer that same package (though I'd love it if they did) for CQ.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
He's only cheaper by a million and a half bucks or so. And Pence is under team-control for two more years after this one. That's a big deal. He doesn't durable and an absolute stud in RF. I doubt they'd offer that same package (though I'd love it if they did) for CQ.

That million and a half bucks is actually a big deal with the Luxury Tax threshold in there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
That million and a half bucks is actually a big deal with the Luxury Tax threshold in there.

How close are they to this threshold?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Dom Brown would be a sexy get.

They wouldn't part with him for Halladay, no? I'd be shocked.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
I'll ridicule J4L a bit, but honestly, it's really unlikely.

Yea, Im sane so I know it's unlikely, but man that would be a haul. I would even pay for the difference to keep the Phillies payroll under the luxury tax.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I'm not familiar with their system, but I know they are further along in discussions than background work.

If they're not moving people from their big league club (i.e. Brown), then the other guys that would match up for Q are their A-ball level pitchers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
If they're not moving people from their big league club (i.e. Brown), then the other guys that would match up for Q are their A-ball level pitchers.

Kw's main goal right now is to stockpile quality young pitching. Not sure about low level guys though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)

John Singleton could be a guy too. I just don't see the Sox going for a package that's completely A ball players. I see them wanting guys that can contribute now or next year.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
John Singleton could be a guy too. I just don't see the Sox going for a package that's completely A ball players. I see them wanting guys that can contribute now or next year.

Then it's gonna be real hard for them to match up with the Phitin's.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
Well then take a look at the Braves system as an alternative. Those are the two that are hottest after Q.

The time is actually now right for the Braves to move for a bat. McCann got hurt last night on a throw, probably an Oblique injury, probably a DL trip, and Larry came back, played 1 game, and went back to the DL.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
The time is actually now right for the Braves to move for a bat. McCann got hurt last night on a throw, probably an Oblique injury, probably a DL trip, and Larry came back, played 1 game, and went back to the DL.

They be shoppin. If the Sox lose this afternoon, I expect Q to be gone by friday night.