Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
@whitesox

Chicago White Sox

Williams: Chances of any deal "very unlikely," saying potential deals all would hurt club's chances to win division. #WhiteSox

to me that sounds like a last ditch smoke screen trying to drum up the price. "we're completely content to not trade him, even though you guys need him pretty badly" kinda thing.

But maybe i'm just hoping.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@whitesox

Chicago White Sox

Williams: Chances of any deal "very unlikely," saying potential deals all would hurt club's chances to win division. #WhiteSox

That's fine. Hope for the best, but I expect the Tigers to win 86-88 games, and the Sox to win 83-85 games. They'll sell the hype of a pennant race and get a few extra tickets sold, get close and come up short.

And then let the Kenny/Ozzie offseason drama commence.

Edited by flavum

The Central race is seriously gonna be kinda funny this season...

The Tigers under Leyland in the 2nd half aren't that good and have choked away division leads.

The White Sox are a notoriously bad 2nd half team. And recently a team that can't win Division games. Except against...

The Indians, who haven't been in contention since 2007 and have regressed A LOT from the team that lit the world on fire in April

The Twins are running out a AAA team out there but as long as they OWN the White Sox, have a chance (albeit slim)

The Royals....well.... not this season, but still can play Sox spoiler for sure..

When the Twins finally get back Span, Morneau and Kubel, they won't be a AAA team any longer.

Still think their bullpen is too shaky to go on a consistent winning streak, and Nishioka/Casilla up the middle has been hugely disappointing compared to Hardy/Hudson. And Valencia's REALLY been up and down both offensively and defensively this season.

And the Sox aren't bad in the 2nd half, they're just bad against the Twins in the 2nd half.

We did hold them off in 2008. 2006 wasn't anything like choking...the whole team just faded, but the Tigers/Twins were simply better teams.

The only times they really dominated us head-to-head down the stretch were 2003 and last year. 2009 team never really was in it down the stretch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
to me that sounds like a last ditch smoke screen trying to drum up the price. "we're completely content to not trade him, even though you guys need him pretty badly" kinda thing.

I don't buy it. It's hard to take anything KW says at face value regarding trades. Will just wait and see.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
I don't buy it. It's hard to take anything KW says at face value regarding trades. Will just wait and see.

Quentin to ATL is all but dead. Braves unwilling to move quality prospects.

Thornton to TEX is all but dead. Tex about to acquire Uehara.

Danks off the table.

If you want to give the Braves Quentin AND Thornton, you MIGHT get them to take Rios' entire contract. MIGHT.

That's how abysmal it is right now.

As fathom and many have suggested, just take your chances flipping him for Chone Figgins and cross your fingers.

Stick Chone at 3B and bat him and Pierre back-to-back. Or bat one of them 9th, doesn't matter.

Or play him in CF, either way.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Don't give KW that drug Bradley Cooper was taking in Limitless.

We'd have a new 25 man roster by 4 p.m. tomorrow.

Jacob Turner's stranded four runners already in scoring position against LAA, 4 K's, lots of pitches...still 0-0 in the bottom of the 3rd.

Seems pretty easy to run on him.

Had lost 3 decisions in a row in AAA and gave up 7 runs in one of those outings.

Angels could really use Napoli's bat again...one of the hottest hitters in baseball recently.

If they aren't hitting this guy, what the Angels really need is not another hitter, but a new hitting coach. You get the right guy and every will have an .850 OPS. Colby Rasmus 0-12 with 5 ks since acquired by Toronto. They should fire their hitting coach as well.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Fan f***ing tastic...

You know what's hurting the chances of winning the division? 5 of the 9 guys in the line-up being awful. Way to address the MAIN ISSUE OF THE TEAM.

I'm not even talking about getting rid of CQ anymore. I'm talking about doing nothing to address the needs of the team going forward. De Aza is a start but KW benching of Rios "for a long time" lasted all of 2 games....

You make no sense. You say 5 of the 9 are awful and one who isn't you want traded for mediocre minor leaguers, and if they don't you're pissed off. Are you really a White Sox fan?

@whitesox

Chicago White Sox

Which means nothing. He's not going to say he's going to make a deal. He wants more than what's being offered. Unless he said we will not be making a deal, very unlikely is like Brett Favre saying he's retiring and he means it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
Which means nothing. He's not going to say he's going to make a deal. He wants more than what's being offered. Unless he said we will not be making a deal, very unlikely is like Brett Favre saying he's retiring and he means it.

Detroit losing. We'll be a game back in the loss column most likely heading into tonights game. You can't replace Quentin. He has carried this team several times this year.

Had we not played better after the all-star game of course HE GONE.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)

KW never tells the truth on the trade front!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)

i know one thing - anything he says right now is just public posturing. They may not make a trade, but it's possible to know. I'm sure he has an idea of what he wants to do (or not do), and he's certainly not going to play his cards openly.

Can't believe people are shocked by this.

The Frasor deal was a "win now" plus save money. They're not going to follow that up with a CQ trade.

Viciedo can come in and be worse at the plate than Quentin. Very possible. I would love to move CQ in a great deal, but the Sox aren't going to follow up the deal they just made with a move that forces DV into a huge role immediately

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Braves are out of the picture for TCQ

@Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

#Braves' deal for #Astros' Bourn is done. Announcement at 10 a.m. ET. #tradedeadline #MLB

Hell, that still leaves the Braves vulnerable to other teams making a WC run at them.