Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Couldn't a 4 team deal potentially make sense. White Sox land Bourn plus prospects, Phillies land one of Pence/Quentin, Braves land the other, Astros get prospects from both teams.

The Phillies and Braves will absolutely refuse to help the other out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
Ugh, that'd be an awful trade for the Sox for both the present and future.

Why do you say that. Bourn is in his prime and has put up pretty respectable leadoff numbers and plays good defense. And clearly the Sox are going to need a top of the order hitter as they don't have any that profile in the system/currently on the club. On top of that you get another good prospect or two back.

Not saying it is the preferred approach but who knows if it is realistic to expect a package of Brown plus another top prospect from the Phillies.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
Couldn't a 4 team deal potentially make sense. White Sox land Bourn plus prospects, Phillies land one of Pence/Quentin, Braves land the other, Astros get prospects from both teams.

Four-team deals are nearly impossible to consummate with all the movie parts and usually the money involved.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
Heyman saying Braves probably gonna end up with ludwick

DKnobler

DKnobler DKnobler

by SI_JonHeyman

With Braves holding tight to all their top pitching prospects, some in industry believe they end up with Ludwick as OF bat. #tradedeadline

9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
The Phillies and Braves will absolutely refuse to help the other out.

That is probably the case, but they both are working to get into the playoffs. As long as each team thinks they get the better fit, whose to say it doesn't work out. Stranger things have happened.

I still think the most realistic scenario is one where the Sox get Brown plus a prospect. The Sox can than try to swing some sort of deal involving Rios (with cash included) and can than plug Brown & Viciedo into the OF with Pierre. Clearly, over the short-run, this is a downgraded outfield. But the Sox can than make a deal to add a bat at 3B or somewhere else all while retooling multiple areas of the club and creating a lot more financial flexibility going forward.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
Why do you say that. Bourn is in his prime and has put up pretty respectable leadoff numbers and plays good defense. And clearly the Sox are going to need a top of the order hitter as they don't have any that profile in the system/currently on the club. On top of that you get another good prospect or two back.

Not saying it is the preferred approach but who knows if it is realistic to expect a package of Brown plus another top prospect from the Phillies.

I don't like his style of play, and you'd be buying him really high right now (he's showing a ton more power this year than usual). If you can pick him up at a decent price in the offseason (afte Pierre is gone) then that'd be fine, but right now both of them in the same lineup would be killer imo.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
DKnobler

DKnobler DKnobler

by SI_JonHeyman

With Braves holding tight to all their top pitching prospects, some in industry believe they end up with Ludwick as OF bat. #tradedeadline

I just can't buy that. But if they really want a .675 OPS hitting corner outfielder for a playoff run, then they can be stubborn.

DKnobler

DKnobler DKnobler

by SI_JonHeyman

Blah, c'mon Braves! Be flashier (and more stupid!!).

something tells me Kenny doesn't prefer what the phillies are offering for CQ vs what he wants from ATL

wouldnt even surprise me if he turned down d.brown, kenny always tries to stockpile pitching

Edited by Real

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
I just can't buy that. But if they really want a .675 OPS hitting corner outfielder for a playoff run, then they can be stubborn.

His OPS away from Petco Park is only .030 pts higher too.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Jayson Stark

An exec of one team that kicked tires on Carlos Quentin says he thinks #WhiteSox just laying groundwork to deal him this winter #trades

Well, if they are prepared to see the offers potentially cut up to half of what is offered, sure, you go lay that groundwork.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Actually, Omar would probably say, "hola."

To be honest he said "hey".

OLD_SS

by Omar Vizquel

If anyone bumps into Soxbadger tell him I said hey! #mypals

12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

honestly im starting to think no team is willing to blow kenny away with their offer for CQ, he's probably perfectly fine standing pat OR raping a farm system for a guy like CQ

right now, my guess (just speculation) is CQ is a Sox for the rest of the year

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
honestly im starting to think no team is willing to blow kenny away with their offer for CQ, he's probably perfectly fine standing pat OR raping a farm system for a guy like CQ

right now, my guess (just speculation) is CQ is a Sox for the rest of the year

I'm feeling the same way.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)
Jayson Stark

An exec of one team that kicked tires on Carlos Quentin says he thinks #WhiteSox just laying groundwork to deal him this winter #trades

Best case scenario, DeAza produces and the Sox can move Quentin for another outfielder and other prospects and you have an outfield of prospect, DeAza, Viciedo. Than in the wings you have Mitchell, Thompson, and Walker.

I think no matter what, if Quentin & Danks stay, the Sox are going to do whatever they can to move those guys as part of the retooling process. Maybe they'll offer extensions to both, I think they will at least try with Danks again, prior to trying a trade.

I also think the club will see how creative they can get with Rios over the off-season. See if another team likes him and has a bad contract that the Sox wouldn't mind taking on.

DKnobler

DKnobler DKnobler

by SI_JonHeyman

Atlanta you got to give to get.