attendance

soxrwhite

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 06:29 AM)
24,000 for the Yankees .......................fans are sick of tiered pricing, high parking and s*** product on the field. I salute Sox fans for having balls unlike sheep at Wrigley.

I applaud this post. Sox fans do not get the credit they deserve. Most look down on them for "not supporting" their team. It's quite the opposite. We have shown that we will support the team if the product is worth supporting. If it's not, we precipitate change with our wallets.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
I applaud this post. Sox fans do not get the credit they deserve. Most look down on them for "not supporting" their team. It's quite the opposite. We have shown that we will support the team if the product is worth supporting. If it's not, we precipitate change with our wallets.

It's actually pretty wild that the Sox have only made the playoffs once in a weak division since they won the World Series.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
It's actually pretty wild that the Sox have only made the playoffs once in a weak division since they won the World Series.

Their falloff was pretty unprecedented. I'm not sure the Marlins (who intentionally dismantled their teams after two World Series) even went from being the champion to a joke within two years. I still can't believe that happened.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
Their falloff was pretty unprecedented. I'm not sure the Marlins (who intentionally dismantled their teams after two World Series) even went from being the champion to a joke within two years. I still can't believe that happened.

St. Louis says hi.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
St. Louis says hi.

They don't share their town with another team. We had the opportunity to seize this city. But this franchise has failed. They've failed even worse than I did when I gave my GF free reign to use my credit card after I had like 15 tequila shots this past Saturday.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
I don't think their falloff was nearly as bad. But this is just going to lead to an argument over semantics. The point is that the falloff was bad, and it's not very common.

I see your point. But since 2003, you have the Marlins, Sox, & Cards who have all struggled relatively. Then you have the mighty powerhouse Yankees & Red Sox. The Phillies have managed to turn into a powerhouse by winning and developing when their new stadium was built, so I will give them credit. We will see what happens with the Giants when those arms start getting older and more expensive. The 02 Angels remained contenders, but the D-Backs fell off the map immediately.

I just think it does happen a little more often than you think, when you don't include the beasts of the AL East. In no way am I giving the Sox a pass for the struggles, just saying that the Sox aren't the only team to have something like this happen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
They don't share their town with another team. We had the opportunity to seize this city. But this franchise has failed. They've failed even worse than I did when I gave my GF free reign to use my credit card after I had like 15 tequila shots this past Saturday.

I agree with you 100%. Cardinals fans will be fans of that team no matter what. I'm not giving them a free pass, just commenting that there are other teams that kind of fell of the map similarily.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)

In addition to being pissed at tiered (and overpriced) tickets, overpriced parking, and s*** on the field, I think almost everybody is pissed at the mismanagement of both our GM and manager. I think the manager portion of it is hurting ticket sales a bit more though, as Kenny just sucks at his job, whereas Ozzie sucks at his job, and him and his family are downright impossible to like.

I hope the fanbase trying to force change at the box office works, because it's pretty clear that is what is going on right now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101