2012 Minor League Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Ken Williams Jr get to stay on the Birm roster. He is consistently below the Mendoza Line and there are two legitimate outfield prospects in Shoemaker and Earley at W-S.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 4, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
How does Ken Williams Jr get to stay on the Birm roster. He is consistently below the Mendoza Line and there are two legitimate outfield prospects in Shoemaker and Earley at W-S.

They aren't prospects either

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 4, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)

The Kenny Williams Jr. line is .190.

You think it's bad looking at the box score, imagine witnessing it in person. I wanted a rebate on my tickets last year for having to endure his awfulness.

He has a curved spine too, seriously. It's curved forward at the top.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)

You think it's bad looking at the box score, imagine witnessing it in person. I wanted a rebate on my tickets last year for having to endure his awfulness.

Maybe it happened because his brain/ego was too big...?

Have to check for the same mutation with the Guillen kids.

This should make JPN happy. From Gonzo's Mailbag...

How does Ken Williams, Jr. get to stay on the Class-AA Birmingham roster? I would think his dad would be embarrassed. KW2 has a consistent track record of hitting below .200 (including this year) with little power, and he is 28. There are a couple of outfield prospects at Winston-Salem who could use those ABs. -- Jim Fainter, Denver

Kenny Williams Jr. is actually 25-years-old. But he's batting .175 with 17 strikeouts in 57 at-bats. After extended spring ends and the June amateur draft is completed, I'd be surprised if he's still in the organization unless his production picks up dramatically.

Still doesn't justify it taking this long, but, sounds like KW2 may be out of the way sooner than later.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)
This should make JPN happy. From Gonzo's Mailbag...

Still doesn't justify it taking this long, but, sounds like KW2 may be out of the way sooner than later.

At least KW Jr. is supposed to be a top notch athlete -- I don't think Oney Guillen could say as much...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
He probably wrote that letter...

Nope, I wouldn't have gotten his age so wrong and I have a better alias than that. And, he's about to turn 26.

I can't believe Mark Gonzalez actually thinks he'd get released.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 7, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Petricka to AA. I wonder if that means he was working on something in high-A or if he is switching to the bullpen. Certainly didn't deserve it merit wise.

I wonder what this means for Quintana and Stults after the double header since both their roster spots have been filled in Charlotte and Birmingham respectively. Does Stults have options left? I doubt they would send Quintana to Winston-Salem to fill Petricka's spot.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 7, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
I wonder what this means for Quintana and Stults after the double header since both their roster spots have been filled in Charlotte and Birmingham respectively. Does Stults have options left? I doubt they would send Quintana to Winston-Salem to fill Petricka's spot.

Cameron Bayne did just give up 11 runs the other day.

Also Nestor Molina to Charlotte.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)

I'm not a K. W. hater, but if getting rid of him is the only way to get rid of Jr, then so be it. I don't really care if Early, Gilmore, Shoemaker, or whoever are legit prospects or not, it seems to me that they have a better chance than Jr. of making it to the show. Let alone the bad vibes that this situation has to be sending to other Sox minor leaguers about earning playing time in this organization.