Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
Right now the BPD are probably flooded with reports of suspicious looking packages and bags. Anything and everything is getting called in. 99.9% will be nothing. People will be calling the police for a UPS box they weren't expecting right now.

Plus, a lot of people in the crowd probably had bags and dropped them after the first blast.

Absolutely true. After the Hassan shooting at work we got a lot of reports by well-intentioned people who report a suspicious comment their coworker made back in 2007.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
Absolutely true. After the Hassan shooting at work we got a lot of reports by well-intentioned people who report a suspicious comment their coworker made back in 2007.

Better to be safe than sorry.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:35 PM)
BPD asking people not to use cell phones since it might set off more bombs? Didn't mythbusters debunk that?

They're asking people not to use cell phones because the cell networks were overwhelmed.

Boston Police Confirm Explosion At JKF Presidential Library, No Injuries

The Boston Police Department has confirmed to TPM that an explosive device went off at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston, Mass. on Monday. No injuries occurred in the incident.

"There was another device, confirmed at JFK," Neva Coakley, an officer in the Boston Police Department's press office, told TPM.

Coakley said that device went off at 2:55 p.m. EST, but could not provide further details.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
No idea if NY Post reporting is accurate "Authorities ID'd a suspect in marathon bombings - he is being guarded in Boston hospital"

I read this and was not quite sure how to react. So a potential suicide bomber did not blow himself up entirely and now we will try and put him back together again. I hope he is at the end of the triage line.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Why would that matter to the authorities?

So people can call for emergencies and not calling people they know are okay just to talk about it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Why would that matter to the authorities?

Because they're also trying to track people down and "I can't get in touch with person x" turns into a missing person report too easily.

And, in general, because they're actually in the business of public safety and giving advice in this situation fits that role.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
I read this and was not quite sure how to react. So a potential suicide bomber did not blow himself up entirely and now we will try and put him back together again. I hope he is at the end of the triage line.

Yes, instead of getting information from him to see if anyone else was involved, we should let him die.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
So, based on their track record on the day I should assume this is false?

Well we'll find out soon enough if the reports of having video and a photo are true.

Edited by Jenksismybitch