2014-2015 NCAA football thread

IU landed Jordan Howard, 7th best rusher in NCAA this season for UAB. That should help ease the loss of Coleman. The Hoosiers nabbed the top WR from UAB earlier, too.

Ok, you can all go back to talking about football teams good enough to play in bowls, now!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)
So is it too early to declare Urban Meyer the best college football coach ever?

Probably because old people never let the ole ball coaches die.

I will say that this playoff era will be the one that defines best ever.

It was a nice run of hating Saban, but ye gods if OSU can do this with their 3rd string QB.

Pretty sure all of OSUs QBs are better than Missouri's starters until we get Drew Lock going. Even if Alabama pulled that out, I don't think they'd win championship, they had ridiculous problems on deep passes.

Boy, good thing the SEC added Missouri and A&M so we could prop up this crap conference.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 09:51 AM)
Jameis Winston to enter NFL Draft.

No surprise there. The odds of him staying eligible for the entire 2015 season were slim to none.

On a side note, this whole graduate transfer thing is becoming a thing. It's added a bit of a free agency aspect to NCAA football. I like it.

So the next two years the playoff semifinals will be held on New Years Eve because the Rose & Sugar Bowls refuse to give up their New Years Day slots. Nothing like a huge sporting event in the middle of a workday afternoon and then during everyone's New Years eve party.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
So the next two years the playoff semifinals will be held on New Years Eve because the Rose & Sugar Bowls refuse to give up their New Years Day slots. Nothing like a huge sporting event in the middle of a workday afternoon and then during everyone's New Years eve party.

The 2nd round of the playoffs is 11 days earlier next year?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
College football needs to do some tweaking on their dates, that's for sure. On Monday morning, everyone outside of Oregon and Ohio will be talking about what happened on Saturday and Sunday in the NFL.

I agree they need to move the dates up, but I don't see the above as an issue.

Monday morning people may be talking about what happened in the NFL, but Monday night CFB will have no major sports competition, so more people will be watching the championship. If they did it Saturday/Sunday afternoon, they'd have to compete against the NFL.

Then Tuesday morning everyone will be talking about what happened in the CFB championship game, again with no competition with the NFL.

I would like to see them move the game up, but that's because as a Buckeyes fan I am hating having to wait 11 days to see what happens in the championship game.