Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
The hawks trade sounds about as good as the Regin trade from last year.

I may be hockey stupid but the fact he Blackhawks have gone five years now without a second line center continues to mystify me.

Yet have 2 Stanley Cups in those 5 years.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
The hawks trade sounds about as good as the Regin trade from last year.

I may be hockey stupid but the fact he Blackhawks have gone five years now without a second line center continues to mystify me.

Michal Handzus thinks you mean 3 and a half years. (he glances at Stanley Cup ring)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 8m8 minutes ago

The Blackhawks have acquired forward Spencer Abbott from the Maple Leafs in exchange for defenseman T.J. Brennan.

ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 7m7 minutes ago

Abbott, 26, has seven goals and 17 assists in 46 games in the AHL this season. He has played in one career NHL game.

SiriusXM NHL Network ‏@SiriusXMNHL 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING TRADE- @NHLDevils Jaromir Jagr to @FlaPanthers for a Second round pick and a conditional third .

As cool as it would have been to see Jagr in a Hawks jersey, I don't think this version of him would have helped all that much.

Especially for two high picks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
@ChrisKuc GM Stan Bowman said #Blackhawks are "getting pretty close" to making a trade.

:bringit :o :wub:

What is the benefit of Bowman coming out and saying this? Whats his angle because usually you never would give up that information until something is actually done?

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
What is the benefit of Bowman coming out and saying this? Whats his angle because usually you never would give up that information until something is actually done?

Unless it is to scare someone into lowering their price thinking the Hawks might go with a different deal.

Jay Zawaski ‏@JayZawaski670 4m4 minutes ago

LRT: Might be obvious, but I can confirm that the Hawks now rank Darling over Raanta. Q, especially, loves Darling.

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 11m11 minutes ago

Remember Antti Raanta, the best goalie not in the NHL from 2013? He can be had from CHI now. They like Scott Darling more.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
Jay Zawaski ‏@JayZawaski670 4m4 minutes ago

LRT: Might be obvious, but I can confirm that the Hawks now rank Darling over Raanta. Q, especially, loves Darling.

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 11m11 minutes ago

Remember Antti Raanta, the best goalie not in the NHL from 2013? He can be had from CHI now. They like Scott Darling more.

I've been a fan of Darling too, he seems to have great awareness of where the puck is at all time.

Moral of the story: DON"T PAY A GOALTENDER $6 MILLION!!!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
I've been a fan of Darling too, he seems to have great awareness of where the puck is at all time.

Moral of the story: DON"T PAY A GOALTENDER $6 MILLION!!!

Said Steve the moment the moronic contract was signed.

My facebook is blowing up about Sharp and his off the ice antics.

I've heard he's slept with Duncs wife and has an affair with Cheryl Scott off ABC.

Also an episode of the Modern Family aired recently in which a lady got pregnant by a BlackHawks player, the f***?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
My facebook is blowing up about Sharp and his off the ice antics.

I've heard he's slept with Duncs wife and has an affair with Cheryl Scott off ABC.

Also an episode of the Modern Family aired recently in which a lady got pregnant by a BlackHawks player, the f***?

It's all from one horrible article on a s***ty website where they constantly say they have no evidence.