2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
Was the point of Amazon Prime Day to show everyone how much useless crap they have for sale?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
So what's with the mountains and no craters?

So yeah....you've just identified basically the 2 biggest questions from day 1 data. There will be >100 scientific papers published on those subjects within the next decade. We're tossing out random ideas amongst the scientists on twitter and it's completely unexpecetd.

It seems to require more heat more recently than anyone imagined given that there's no tidal forcing between Pluto and anything else. Maybe Charon forming impact was recent, within last 100 million years. Maybe we're not quite counting up all the energies correctly. Maybe Pluto has a much higher amount of Potassium, Uranium, and Thorium than similar rocky materials on Earth.

We're now all thinking about "where could this recent heat come from" without really good answers yet.

Any business owners out there notice Yelp tagging positive reviews for your business as "not recommended?" Yelp seems to be turning into a cash grab these days, they constantly call our store offering to let us pay to move us up the rankings and things like that, pretty annoying.

Any business owners out there notice Yelp tagging positive reviews for your business as "not recommended?" Yelp seems to be turning into a cash grab these days, they constantly call our store offering to let us pay to move us up the rankings and things like that, pretty annoying.

I've always used TripAdvisor instead of Yelp anyway. Does TripAdvisor do that also?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
f*** Emerald Ash borer.

I had a party last week at my house and one of the attendees was a certified arborist. Apparently I have an amazing, mature Ash tree in my backyard. I knew it was an awesome tree (huge, full, provides great shade) but I had no idea it was an Ash. He was convinced that I had the tree treated because he had never seen one in such good shape.

I am now terrified of losing it. I know they sell some pesticide stuff that you can use to treat the tree, but it takes 3 years to work.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
Man, I've never owned a car that long, how do you guys do it? Doesnt the new models/redesigns just make you want to trade it in?

As the resident lease expert here, can you give me some details on what all it entails that the sales person isn't going to tell me? I am curious about what scheduled maintenance means, for example.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
I had a party last week at my house and one of the attendees was a certified arborist. Apparently I have an amazing, mature Ash tree in my backyard. I knew it was an awesome tree (huge, full, provides great shade) but I had no idea it was an Ash. He was convinced that I had the tree treated because he had never seen one in such good shape.

I am now terrified of losing it. I know they sell some pesticide stuff that you can use to treat the tree, but it takes 3 years to work.

Mine is showing signs that it has the stupid bug. Its an over 100 year old Green Ash and has a magnificent canopy. its on the parkway so its the village's responsibility and they stopped treating them because it was cheaper to cut them down and replace them with baby trees. God dammit. I will be incredibly sad when it goes. Its just awesome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
As the resident lease expert here, can you give me some details on what all it entails that the sales person isn't going to tell me? I am curious about what scheduled maintenance means, for example.

Psh, I just sign what they tell me too. I assume everything during a lease term except for maintenance is included. I have one purchased and one leased jeep.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Psh, I just sign what they tell me too. I assume everything during a lease term except for maintenance is included. I have one purchased and one leased jeep.

Included as in they pay for it, or I pay for it?

I ask because the wife wants the new Honda mini-van, and she thinks she is getting a great deal for a lease.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
Included as in they pay for it, or I pay for it?

I ask because the wife wants the new Honda mini-van, and she thinks she is getting a great deal for a lease.

We pay maintenance like oil changes, but the car is covered by warranty the entire term of the lease. Its basically a rental to me for 3 years. As long as the miles and payment are right, I sign the thing.

The only out of pocket repair I ever had to pay during a lease was when a rodent ate up all the wires in my wifes honda.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)

Ash Borers have systematically destroyed all of the Ash trees in my neighborhood. 2 in my backyard, my neighbor lost 2 as well. Terrible way for these trees to die too, they slowly suffocate from the top down, and try as hard as they can to send out low branches to stay alive

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Ash Borers have systematically destroyed all of the Ash trees in my neighborhood. 2 in my backyard, my neighbor lost 2 as well. Terrible way for these trees to die too, they slowly suffocate from the top down, and try as hard as they can to send out low branches to stay alive

Should I even try to treat it? My town says im on my own and they still may cut it down. Its just such a huge, old, nice tree.