Robin Ventura should be fired today

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:03 AM)
He should get a pass for last night. That loss clearly is on the front office and the 5th starter they acquired. No manager was going to pull that one out of the loss pile.

I think we're done micro-analyzing what is and what is not Ventura's fault. He's done either now or on October 2nd.

If any of the 29 other teams want to tap into the brilliant baseball mind of Robin Ventura, they're going to have that chance.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:03 AM)
He should get a pass for last night. That loss clearly is on the front office and the 5th starter they acquired. No manager was going to pull that one out of the loss pile.

Agreed. That loss falls squarely on Hahn. Unless Robin secretly forced Hahn to trade for Shields.

Edited by Special K

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:22 AM)
I think we're done micro-analyzing what is and what is not Ventura's fault. He's done either now or on October 2nd.

If any of the 29 other teams want to tap into the brilliant baseball mind of Robin Ventura, they're going to have that chance.

I wouldn't be shocked if he receives an offer from a team. But I would be more surprised if he doesn't just retire as a footnote in Sox managerial history.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)
I lean towards no one else willing to give him a chance but we shall see after this season.

My pat response is Greg Walker was hired almost immediately after leaving the Sox. Baseball guys have more lives than a cat.