Robin Ventura should be fired today

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
Rick Renteria managerial winning pct. .451

Robin Ventura managerial winning pct. .461

Please just say no to Renteria even as an interim. Please gawd, NO.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
LOL Yeah thats it. Uniforms are their biggest attraction.

They are incredible uniforms.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
I don't know about biggest attraction, but the Sox logo is certainly iconic. I'm not sure if it's for all the right reasons all the time or if it even pays off, but there's something to be said about it.

The hats are amazing, always in fashion.

Moreover, and bash me all you want for this, but I am DONE with this version of the White Sox. This JR/KW/RH/RV/DC clown show. As a diehard fan, I am ready for significant organizational change and I know I probably will not get it. Unless magic and miracles really can happen, I won't be attending another Sox game this year. We vote with our dollars. Ideally, Jerry finally sells the team and the new owner makes changes across the board. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but this grass here hasn't been cut in a long time and at least the grass over there will be freshly mowed. If Jerry doesn't sell the team, he needs to launch almost everyone in a management position and surround himself with new people (yeah right).

These are dark days for the White Sox and their fans. They are going to lose tons of new baseball fans to the now amazing Cubs organization, revenue will continue to fall as more and more fans reach decisions like mine and there will seemingly always be a complete failure from the owner and his management team to instill a winning culture.

This is perfectly stated, and I agree !00%. Kudos to you for refusing to support this sham of an organization.

Do you all want change? Quit spending money on the White Sox. If everyone on this board decided to boycott the organization for the foreseeable future, you would be shocked at how swiftly Reinsdorf would respond. But as long as he is making money, the s*** show will continue.

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
This is perfectly stated, and I agree !00%. Kudos to you for refusing to support this sham of an organization.

Do you all want change? Quit spending money on the White Sox. If everyone on this board decided to boycott the organization for the foreseeable future, you would be shocked at how swiftly Reinsdorf would respond. But as long as he is making money, the s*** show will continue.

In the 21st century, it isn't that simple. Watching games, clicking on articles, talking about the team, etc, are all revenue streams for the organization. If you are talking about a real boycott, do it right.

In the 21st century, it isn't that simple. Watching games, clicking on articles, talking about the team, etc, are all revenue streams for the organization. If you are talking about a real boycott, do it right.

I don't watch games, I don't click on articles, and I don't spend one penny on them in any shape or form.

That will have to be good enough.

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)

Sounds like a good way to get your team relocated.

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
I don't watch games, I don't click on articles, and I don't spend one penny on them in any shape or form.

But you are here talking about them, and probably other places to.

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
And people like you are why JR can run an organization into the ground for 35 years without consequence.

People like me? You know nothing about me. Don't get pissed at fans for not being fair weather fans. Trust me, I want the Sox to do well as much as you do - but I don't think boycotting them is going to make any difference, and I assure you that JR wants to win as much as anyone does (as he shows over and over and over again). Is this organization run perfectly? Absolutely not, but one of the reasons I love them so much is they always try, and frankly, while maybe it should have bit them in the ass pretty bad now, it really hasn't at all (speaking last 15-20 years).

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
No, I only support this forum. If you are telling me that JR profits from the existence of soxtalk, then you've given me something to consider.

What I am saying is that the forum doesn't exist in a vaccuum, and that it generates people going to games, watching games, streaming games, etc which do contribute to the teams revenue. By participating in that, it makes a bigger overall marketplace for the White Sox by getting others deeper into the team. It is why the team cooperates with the people here who do things like SoxNet and FutureSox. While it isn't direct, by even participating at a place like this, you are indirectly contributing to the Sox as a brand. If you really want to stick it to the team, posting here doesn't do that. You need to walk away from the brand fully. This isn't the 20th century anymore.

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)

I just want to be able to watch a game again without fear of some of the most bizarre ways to lose games happening on an almost nightly basis. By not watching games you've saved yourself some grief, although you've missed out on some of the most bizarre ways a team can lose games. You've also missed a lot of bad bunt attempts.

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
And people like you are why JR can run an organization into the ground for 35 years without consequence.

I really hate that he is the only owner since 1920 to win a world series. If people only read the Comiskey biography. JR is a saint and a great boss compared to him.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
Terry Boers never really breaks news but he just casually said that Ventura is toast this week with a bad series vs Detroit. It really does finally have that feel. Lots of smoke about it from radio guys, bloggers, etc.

This is why you don't hire former players. First Ozzie canned and hated forever; now Robin. I do agree Robin must go, but it also is sad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
This is why you don't hire former players. First Ozzie canned and hated forever; now Robin. I do agree Robin must go, but it also is sad.

Gotta be able to separate the 2 I suppose: Robin Ventura the former Sox 3B great and Robin Ventura the manager.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
I really hate that he is the only owner since 1920 to win a world series. If people only read the Comiskey biography. JR is a saint and a great boss compared to him.

I know a couple of JR's former employees and they've both said nice things about him while being under no obligation to do so.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
New front office please....then deal with this dugout staff.

Firing Ventura is just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

We'll be getting the RV firing soon. Front office however is staying the same I'm ashamed to say. I do wish Hahn had full reigns to see what he'd be about. I do think he's hamstrung by KW at times.