2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
That wasn't even a fans vote, that was a selection by the league.

There are rumors because they are announcing the top 100 centennial list of all time players and he might be on it so they want him in the all star game. Still doesn't make it right.

The one thing though that this helps is the Hawks cause Panarin has an all star bonus he would've hit and made the Hawks cap situation alittle worse next season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:26 PM)
There are rumors because they are announcing the top 100 centennial list of all time players and he might be on it so they want him in the all star game. Still doesn't make it right.

The one thing though that this helps is the Hawks cause Panarin has an all star bonus he would've hit and made the Hawks cap situation alittle worse next season.

Maybe Bowman called in a favor. "If you really want us to play in another f***ing outdoor game, keep the Russian away from the ASG please. Thanks Gary!"

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:37 PM)
Hawks interested in Landeskog and van Riemsdyk

I keep hearing about how the Hawks top bosses won't allow any high 2017 draft picks to be traded because they are hosting the draft and want the excitement. That would suck if that prevents them from really improving the team.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 17, 2017 -> 09:48 PM)
The frustrating thing is I don't totally blame the coaches or this roster construction. I'd do that if the big boys we're putting up numbers, but they had no support from the 3rd and 4th lines.

It's the opposite.

I'm completely and totally perplexed by this Blackhawks team.

And despite all the bad signs, they are still 2nd in the West somehow. Although it does seem like the tides have turned and the East is suddenly the much stronger conference. I have no faith in the Hawks winning multiple playoff series, yet none of the other West teams really scare me either.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jan 18, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
The East looks a lot better than the West this year. There is just so much bad in the west.

But all you gotta do is make it through the West. Personally I think the East and especially the Metro is fool's gold.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2017 -> 03:45 PM)
I'd rather roll with the younger guys. Sharp at this point isnt any better than Ryan Hartman IMO.

Agreed. After the Ladd thing last year, I'm not super enamored with the idea of moving younger assets for a rental.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 18, 2017 -> 06:05 PM)
If Toews continues to play at this rate, and Kane keeps playing like he's Adam Oates, a deadline addition won't matter much.

Right, I just don't feel like this is the year to sell off more talent for a rental.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 18, 2017 -> 04:11 PM)
Those multiple recent concussions are a bit worrisome to me.

Had 2 goals the other night. I'd take him back for secondary scoring. Guys like Desjardins, Tootoo, Rasmussen, etc. are not helping us there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 06:37 AM)
Had 2 goals the other night. I'd take him back for secondary scoring. Guys like Desjardins, Tootoo, Rasmussen, etc. are not helping us there.

But those arent really the guys that are expected to take up that slack.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 06:37 AM)

35...concussion issues this year. I loved him when he was here...but no.

My choice (if money or assets were no issue) Brock Nelson. Big body, natural LW. Young, inexpensive ($2.5 mil) controllable for another year at the same salary. Could always flip him in the offseason if needed.

Now back to reality...I think Vanek might be the best guy for the role. He's playing well for a bad team and probably for his last big contract. And you may be able to get him for a little less than others.