Bandwagon Jumpers

aboz56

I would just like to say to all of the bandwagon jumpers who are trying to get on this truck that is steamrolling ahead that we don't want you!

Everyone at Soxtalk knows who has been with us through the thick and the thin.

It's just gross how all of these "White Sox" fans are emerging from the woodwork now that we are a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.

I remember the third game of the season, when we barely had 10,000 people at the game. I was there. Where were all of these bums?

I would just like to give a big hell YEAH to all of my fellow soxtalkers who have been here since the beginning and have been Sox fans for years and a lot of us since birth. We are the ones who are enjoying this the most.

And to the chat crew, it's been a great season and thank you for letting me become the people's admin.... :P

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
:cheers

Agreed.

Although I hate to say it:

bandwagon fans = more fans = better attendance = more $$$ for (re)signing players

I agree with the money part, other than that, they can all go to hell for all I care.

I have been thinking about this alot too. And the only bandwagoners i want are kids. Maybe 15 and younger. That is the time in their life they are most impressionable and the time they become true life long sox fans. If we get the kids, the ball park will be full for generations to come and we wont have those obnoxious bandwagon jumpers.

For game 2 I sat next to my buddy's co-worker friend at the bar watching the game. I asked him if he was a big Sox fan. He said he like both teams...Cubs and Sox, which immediately meant he didn't know s*** about the Sox. He showed up just after the Iguchi homer and I asked him if he heard about the 3 run homer. He replied "Yeah Taguchi is awesome".

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
And to the chat crew, it's been a great season and thank you for letting me become the people's admin....

When did this happen? Why wasnt I present at this vote? Boooooooo!

:cheers

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
I have been thinking about this alot too. And the only bandwagoners i want are kids. Maybe 15 and younger. That is the time in their life they are most impressionable and the time they become true life long sox fans. If we get the kids, the ball park will be full for generations to come and we wont have those obnoxious bandwagon jumpers.

The bandwagon crew brings their kids. That's why we must suffer their presence.

another thing about the bandwagoners. Jim Rose is a bigger moron that Berman. They interupted Wheel of forture, my grandpa's favorite show, with Rose as the sportscaster. His first words were the Chicago Cu--Whitesox just beat the Red Sox. THen he went on on about how he told everyone this would happen all year. He is the biggest tool of them all. It made me furious.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I would just like to say to all of the bandwagon jumpers who are trying to get on this truck that is steamrolling ahead that we don't want you!

Everyone at Soxtalk knows who has been with us through the thick and the thin.

It's just gross how all of these "White Sox" fans are emerging from the woodwork now that we are a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.

I remember the third game of the season, when we barely had 10,000 people at the game.  I was there.  Where were all of these bums? 

I would just like to give a big hell YEAH to all of my fellow soxtalkers who have been here since the beginning and have been Sox fans for years and a lot of us since birth.  We are the ones who are enjoying this the most.

And to the chat crew, it's been a great season and thank you for letting me become the people's admin.... :P

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers 

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang 

I've been with ESPN the whole time, I recently came here, so am I fine

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox2: :chair :fight :lolhitting :snr :stick

I hate to disagree but I don't mind the bandwagoners.

I just realize that their loyalty is only about as deep as the next disappointment, and usually their knowledge of the game is paper thin. I recognize that and live with it.

Real Sox fans know each other instinctively.

:gosox1:

Bandwagon fans piss all of us off. During 2003 down here in Champaign, there were tons of Cubs bandwagoners. Now, there are people jumping on our bandwagon. I just don't want to deal with em.

That's why i watch the games in my apartment with SnB (instead of hitting up a bar). I don't want to deal with all the ignorance of complete bandwagon jumpers.

Edited by IlliniKrush

im a bandwagon jumper... i never liked the white sox before... can i hang around?

Yes. But you must click on this link & play the nana heyhey kiss him goodbye song a 1000 times!

http://stage.vitaminic.com/donna_summer/ :lol

Everyone should have that tune cemented in their head during this run .. LIKE I DO !!

bandwagon fans happen with every succesful team, it sucks, but the best way to think about it is that the diehards will always get more satisfaction out of a championship, or even a series win like this. This will mean something to us our entire life.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
Yes.  But you must click on this link & play the nana heyhey kiss him goodbye song a 1000 times! 

http://stage.vitaminic.com/donna_summer/ :lol

Everyone should have that tune cemented in their head during this run .. LIKE I DO !!

Well, I have been a Sox fan for 2 years, since Oz became manager

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox4: :chair :chair :chair :fight :fight :fight :lolhitting :drink :cheers :bang :lolhitting