Who are you "rooting" for?

ceffa2000

Who do you want to win the AL wild card race?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the AL wild card race?

• Minnesota
    • Oakland
    • New York
    • Baltimore
    • Cleveland

As the wild card race heats up, I was wondering about everone's opinion on their Wild Card preference. Not to look to far ahead, but if the Sox finish with the best record in the AL, this might be our opponent.

Personally, I think I would rather have Baltimore win out the wild card but I think that they are going to fade down the stretch. But having an AL east team win the wild card might put the AL East winner vs. the AL West winner. I'd rather have our guys not have to play in the playoffs on the West Coast right away but thats just my little opinion.

Please let Oakland cool off down the stretch. This may be the only time I will root for the Twins.

Edited by ceffa2000

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
The Twinkies because it would be one HELLUVA series and it would be schweeeeeet! Packed crowds, high intensity, playoffs, rivalry.....gives me goosebumps. I think we could schilack them in a series.

i'm willing to bet there would be high intesnity and packed crowds if we played tampa bay in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
i'm willing to bet there would be high intesnity and packed crowds if we played tampa bay in the playoffs.

Yeah, but spanking the Yankees in front of all the national media would be a great thing indeed.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
The Twinkies because it would be one HELLUVA series and it would be schweeeeeet! Packed crowds, high intensity, playoffs, rivalry.....gives me goosebumps. I think we could schilack them in a series.

We wouldn't be playing them first, though.

I think its obvious we don't want anyone from the Central. We probaly want someone from the East. Any one of Boston/Baltimore/New York would do. All have horrible starting pitching. Just stay the hell away from Oakland.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
We wouldn't be playing them first, though.

I think its obvious we don't want anyone from the Central. We probaly want someone from the East. Any one of Boston/Baltimore/New York would do. All have horrible starting pitching. Just stay the hell away from Oakland.

This also doesn't take into account if Oakland continues on their run and Anaheim slips a little bit. We may have to play the Angels as the Wild Card winner. Thats only second in s***tiness to playing Oakland. We match up better with them but the West Coast is still the West Coast.

Edited by ceffa2000

I almost want Oakland to win the wildcard. You cant hope for the worse teams to get into the playoffs just so you can beat up on them to advance to the ALCS. No matter what, you are going to be facing two of the top 4 teams in the AL(If you advance), and eventually the top team in the NL. You arent going to find out if you can be competitive in the WS and ALCS by pounding a lesser team in the first round. Bring on the big boys, beat the big boys, get some respect along the way. The Angels had to do it the hard way, the Marlins had to do it the hard way, and the Red Sox had to do it the hard way. There is no easy way.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
I almost want Oakland to win the wildcard.  You cant hope for the worse teams to get into the playoffs just so you can beat up on them to advance to the ALCS.  No matter what, you are going to be facing two of the top 4 teams in the AL(If you advance), and eventually the top team in the NL.  You arent going to find out if you can be competitive in the WS and ALCS by pounding a lesser team in the first round.  Bring on the big boys, beat the big boys, get some respect along the way.  The Angels had to do it the hard way, the Marlins had to do it the hard way, and the Red Sox had to do it the hard way.  There is no easy way.

Agreed. But I don't care what the way is. Just so they win it their way.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Anybody but Oakland should be an option in the poll.  It would win hands down.

Yep. There are 2 teams I fear in the AL. #1 is the A's by far. #2 the Angels kinda have that west coast thing to. I have no fear for the Yanks or Sawx or anyone else that division can throw at us.

A lot of people have been saying Baltimore, because "they're easy to beat, have no pitching, etc." You never know what can happen in the playoffs. They also have a stacked lineup as well.

No one from the Central besides the Twins will win the Wild Card. I just don't see it happening. It's going to come down to them, Oakland, and some team from the AL East.

That being said, I'd rather it be Minnesota. For the simple fact that Oakland doesn't go to the playoffs. Unless they win the AL West, which I don't see happening. The Angels are too good.