Everything posted by SoCalChiSox
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
I doubt Vargas is the headliner if both Fedde and Kopech are in the trade.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Then the return should be solid.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Meh....Hopefully not the headliner
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Freeland, Scott AND Walker would be great. I doubt we can get all that but it would be a strong return even if you throw in a reliever
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
If we got Freeland plus one of Scott/Walker that would be really good.
-
Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD
Yep I mentioned that earlier.....Getz values defense and speed and that's who I would expect from STL. If he got Walker and Scott out of it then you get both potentially a good bat if the former rediscovers himself and you get the CF replacement too and a guy who can run on the bases too. I doubt Getz could get both.
-
Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs
I would do this deal even though as people have said LAD isn't a great trade partner. I'd also do De Paula, Pages, Ferris and Freeland.
-
Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD
De Paula would be great in a three team trade......but he's worth more than Fedde so it's not happening.
-
Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD
I feel bad for ReyLo.....that sucks.
-
Trade thoughts
I hate to say it but this is the most probable outcome if he's actually traded. Crochet to LAD for scrubs and salary relief in the form of Beni. Maybe they'll send us Freeland as the centerpiece to help us save some face so Getz can say he got a middle infielder talent but the other pieces will be trash. And yes the board would implode. To paraphrase a former US president, " We are all Aly now"
-
Trade thoughts
This is exactly why Friedman and Dodgers will pounce. They will happily take on Beni's 50m and basically get an ace for free.
-
Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)
This means it's almost certainly LAD because they wouldn't mind giving him 100m and owning him for 6 years (and backloading it) and LAD won't have to give up De Paula or anyone truly valuable so long as they also take on Beni so they will take advantage of the fact that we are cheap as hell. Basically it will be Crochet and Beni for maybe like the Dodgers no. 8 or 9 prospect and someone in the 15-20 range and someone in the 20-30. If you're upset right now, this place will be a thermonuclear wasteland if a Crochet trade goes thru. 80% of the return will be salary relief.
-
Trade thoughts
The Sox. That's an awful deal.
-
Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)
I dont like Getz but it's not his fault Crochet nuked his trade value and Robert looks awful at the plate.
-
Trade thoughts
Yeah thats just infuriating. The payroll is already gonna be very low next year. If you put Beni in the deal, you can forget about even one savage in the return. I dont have an issue with Crochet trying to take care of himself and i don't have an issue with the Sox optioning him for the rest of the year to get another year of service time back under the guise of bringing up youngsters to the 26 man to "evaluate" them for the rest of the season.
-
Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD
Will they give up Pratt?
-
Fedde may not be starting today
Jimmy suggested awhile back the Sox wanted Pratt and Letson from MIL.
-
Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD
I fully agree we need OBP and power, particularly savage power, but unfortunately Getz doesn't seem to value that and he's apparently content trying to win games 4-3 or 3-2 with pitching, defense and speed on the bases. I'm not really a fan of this philosophy particularly in our ballpark, but it is what it is. He might get a savage bat at some point in these trades, but I doubt he will get a bunch of them.
-
Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD
I agree....but Getz has a profile that he wants for better or worse and yeah STL is not a great fit. I'd rather have Beavers +, but I don't think it will be BAL.
-
Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD
Agreed. I expect if Fedde is moved to STL, Getz will want Victor Scott II and another piece. His vision is all about speed, defense and contact over power and I wouldn't be shocked at all if it's something like Scott (50) and like a 45. That would be Robert's replacement in center and would provide GG defense plus speed on the basepaths.
-
O's acquire Zach Eflin from TB
To be fair, he probably is sitting on a gold mine. He's not gonna trade prime guys, dude is militant about that.
-
2024 MiLB Catch All
At one point he was compared to Juan Soto......super disappointing
-
Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs
Seems like we will need to wait till the offseason to move him. Sigh...
-
Randy Arozarena traded to SEA
Dammit
-
Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs
That would be much better than LAD. If you can get Miller and Crawford you got your CF and SS (Law says Miller should stick at SS.....unlike Montgomery).