Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
VOTE KERRY ONLY FOR THIS!!
Ya, I also found it nice that the Red Sox didn't want Schilling out on the campaign trail with Bush or the doctors didn't. Yet from what i heard on the radio they said ownership heavily told him not too. Yet they were out their today. Leave it to Kerry to spin something like that. And yes, if Bush said something like if it were up to Kerry the Rangers wouldn't of won the series (assuming the rangers won the series this year...obviously hypothetical) I would of said he was a freaking tard. Just like Karen Hughes and Carl Rove's costume choice today was retarded.
-
Soxtalk Final Presidential Poll
Its rather typical. California will go Democratic, but thats because of LA and San Francisco being highly democratic. The rest of the counties are mainly republican. Same with Florida 4 years ago. If you look, typically most of the state is republican, but the high density areas tend to be more democratic.
-
Brian Anderson looks like a Younger version of....
No, thats Brian Anderson.
-
Other Moves that Could Affect the Sox
Let me put it this way. Anaheim was so banged up early in the season and they still didn't consider Erstad an option. Erstad can run. He's a good base stealer, its just the constant wear and tear that the Angels don't want to risk and won't risk. Unless its the world series, he will not play another game in the OF for Anaheim. Their have been a lot of articles talking about how his days in the OF are done in Anaheim. Maybe another team is gutsier. I guess you could compare him to Rondell White in a sense, and well after quite a few injury riddled years White was able to stay healthy for a year or two. And Erstad is gonna be a crazy man wherever he plays, regardless of whether he's in left. He's played plenty of games in left field and does nearly the same things.
-
Outfield Option - flying under the radar
If they are only willing to give two years, then book it, he will be elsewhere, cause I expect him to get at the very least a 4 yr 24 mill deal. If he goes 3 years, I could see a 3 yr 21 mill deal working out, even 24 mill. But I guarantee at least someone offers him a 4 yr deal worth 24 mill.
-
Soxtalk Final Presidential Poll
Will Obam even be old enough to run for president in 2008? I will admit, I think Obama is a big time up and comer in the democractic party. I don't know enough about him to say I'd vote him over Bush cause I probably wouldn't, but if he is really means what he says in the few interviews I've seen with him I'd at least say I respect him. I can not say that for John Kerry.
-
Outfield Option - flying under the radar
Well a few articles have said that the Twins will deal both Jones and Hunter if they have to, to set aside the funds to resign Radke. I have no doubt that they will make a serious effort to keep him and odds are he stays in Minny. Of course, he is available and a team would be foolish not to contact him and make him an offer. You never know what Minny is going to do cause Carl Pohlad is a complete jagoff of an owner.
-
Grass is greener
Carlos Lee is not one of the worse left fielders in baseball. He's not one of the best either, but he is at the very least average. He hustles and works his ass off to get to that level and he has even made some good plays. Hell, as the season went on he even showed some improvement in his arm, which I used to call one of the worse in baseball for an outfielder.
-
Other Moves that Could Affect the Sox
Ya, I can tell you, he's played left field and still gets hurt. His hammies can not take the day to day from the running and all the banging his knees/hammies take from him hitting the walls, diving and all that stuff. He gets hurt playing the outfield and he's too important for them to risk it. The Angels would have interest in Konerko cause they want some power at the corner positions. McPherson is going to be playing 3b and they will definately be open to adding a right handed hitter to hit in the 5 hole (replacing Guillen) and first base would be a possibility. Erstad is the best 1st baseman in baseball defensively.
-
Another Part of Gammons Article
The Mariners are not rebuilding. They are expected to be one of the big spenders this offseason. They consider this a minor blip in the radar and the reason they'd do this deal is because Carlos Lee is one of the better young outfielders in baseball, is just entering his prime, and could be a piece Seattle can build around. The Mariners know they need to get some more legit hitters and thats going to be their goal this off-season. They have pitching prospects that they feel confident in and they are rumored to at least be open to dealing Pineiro. In case you doubt, the Mariners are expected to be players in Delgado/Sexson.
-
Other Moves that Could Affect the Sox
I'll tell you one thing I guarantee, he is the best defensive first baseman in baseball. Their is absolutely zero doubt in my mind about that. The guy is a great athlete and has that tough attitude to get everything done. He's definately the type of guy that adds a little more then just stats, just like I think Omar does. Erstie is also an absolutely leader in the clubhouse.
-
Other Moves that Could Affect the Sox
Becuase he can not play in the outfield anymore. His hamstrings can't take it. Whether he plays left, center or right he's going to be running to much and bang into way too many walls. Erstad only knows one speed. The Angels are looking for a CF, if they thought Erstad could play CF they wouldn't be looking for it cause he's a gold glover out there. He can not play in the outfield, it is too much of a health laibility.
-
Pats taking it on the chin early
Everyone will regret not taking Big Ben. I remember from day one I said he was the best qb in the draft.
-
Vizquel to Sox-2 years, 8 mil?
Ya, problem is he hit .278 this past season and is an absolute doubles machine. His OPS was only 30 worse then Konerko too. Plus 32 homers is nothing too shabby. I think their is a pretty good debate on who would be better and to be honest, I think I could see going with Lee, especially since he's produced in pitcher parks like Florida.
-
Pitching Projected Roster
Oh hell ya I'd do that.
-
Vizquel to Sox-2 years, 8 mil?
Ummm, Derek Lee is a pretty damn good first baseman. He hits for power, a solid average and is a very good baserunner. Plus he is great defensively.
-
defensive win shares
Because the Sox want Willie and Juan battling, but I think the most likely outcome will be Willie in the 9 hole and Juan spelling Crede, Willie, and Omar. I guarantee you Uribe will start against most left handed pitchers. I don't think the Sox have given up on Willie, they just know between Willie, Juan, and Crede their are some questionmarks, although all 3 have the capabailities, so this way you have a few options if one of them doesn't work out.
-
Outfield Option - flying under the radar
I'd rather deal Konerko and Munoz/Diaz for Erstad/Guillen then have Moises Alou. Then the Sox have a ton of other options avaialable. I think their are a lot of options better then Moises Alou. IF the Sox are going to spend 6-7 million on a FA, then they should be looking at Matt Clement/Brad Radke, etc or look at giving Percy 4 mill a year. To me both are more important needs.
-
Soxtalk Final Presidential Poll
George W. Bush
-
Outfield Option - flying under the radar
I just don't want Moises Alou. He's a freaking prick. I'd rather get Jose Guillen cause at least he's a more affordable prick and is also an asset in the field.
-
Another Part of Gammons Article
He can learn to play first, plus he should be DH'ing early in the season. He's the backup plan if Frank is hurt or if Gload struggles as a starter. And I agree Pineiro and Wynn for Konerko would work for me. I don't know if the Mariners would do it, I'd assume they wouldn't think Konerko would put up the numbers he did this year in Seattle. Of course I think they would for Carlos Lee. I just think I'd rather move Konerko then Lee.
-
Another Part of Gammons Article
No, but everyone else essentially is to a point. And Ted Lilly, while solid, is nothing special. If your gonna give up Lee, get something very good in return.
-
Other Moves that Could Affect the Sox
At 4 mill a year I'd be all over Darin Erstad. He plays gold glove first base and is a great top of the order hitter. As he progressed this past year he was just getting better and better. And no, while he's an awesome outfielder I wouldn't move him there. If the Sox deal Lee, going after Erstad may not be a bad option, if in fact he goes on the market. We all know they have Kochman. I read in the Register that the Angels were thinking about cutting payroll. Then I saw Gammons say they are going to increase it to 95 million and go after Pedro/Beltran. Now, I don't know what to think, but I do think Erstad is on the block. At the same time he's a mega fan favorite so I highly doubt they'd trade him for nothing. But if they would pick up 4 mill a year for 2 years, I'd give up a guy like Munoz or Diaz. Of course I don't quite think the Angels would do that. Erstad Omar Frank Lee Everett Rowand Crede Catcher Harris/Uribe Wouldn't be too shabby, especially if they opted to go after a RF via free agency...a left handed hitting one at that. That lineup would still have power but it would also have speed and Darin and Omar would give the Sox a totally different top of the order. Heck, come to think of it, I could see the Angels having interest in Konerko. Maybe they would do a Konerko for Erstad (partially paid salary) and Jose Guillen. I could see a package like that working. Konerko's salary is basically filled by Erstad and Guillen. Your lineup: Erstad Vizquel Thomas Lee Guillen Rowand Ben Davis Crede Uribe/Harris Only flaw with that lineup is you have a right handed stretch, but its still what I would call a potent top and middle of the order. Who knows, maybe its a possibility.
-
Vizquel to Sox-2 years, 8 mil?
I completely agree. I mean in the perfect world you have a great 1 and 2 hole hitter and you can let Aaron hit back in the lineup. But right now with the true lack of a two hole hitter, that Aaron would be a good fit there. Hell, he puts up these kind of numbers over a full year (project his last couple months) and I'll stick his ass in the 3 spot. As far as a new CF goes, unless its Andruw Jones or Carlos Beltran, I'll take Rowand cause he plays a damn good CF and has one of the best CF arms in all of baseball. But Cheat, I pretty much agree completely with ya.
-
Another Part of Gammons Article
Personally I think Carlos Lee, if on the market, is one of the most valuable players on the trade block. And no, I wouldn't trade him. I'd trade Paul Konerko first. Their is no reason to trade Carlos Lee, imo. He does more things better then Konerko. And I'm a huge Konerko fan. For example, I'll throw this out there. Joel Piniero and Eddie Guardado for Carlos Lee and a prospect. Mariners seem to want to retool their offense and they have been shopping Every Day Eddie for a while and it appears they are willing to trade a hitter. They've always been interested in Lee and frankly he'd be a good fit. Now that deal, thats the type of deal I'd make for Lee. But as much of a fan of prospects I am, I ain't trading Lee for prospects, screw that. The Sox are playing to win now, especially with all these starters under contract.