Ken Rosenthal Reports:

3E8

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do that in a heart beat,  however I don't think this could happen without the Sox paying some of Konerko's 8.5 million dollar salary.

Look at Oakland's payroll, and if you have read money ball, you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, sorry I don't have more specifics about what the deal would entail. My buddy who goes to school in Cali just called me up to tell me because he knew how excited I would be. It was on the radio there.

Hatteberg and durazo are not free agents so this does not exactly make much sense. If this deal did happen some how konerko would be lucky to hit 25 home runs next year.

Maybe Beane would turn around and deal him to another team.

Hudson is due 6 million this upcoming season.

Quickman is getting a chubby just thinking about this ... :lol:

I would do it in a hearbeat too.

Sox are in the midst of their organizational meetings as we speak, they started yesterday and go through tomorrow.

Hatteberg and durazo are not free agents so this does not exactly make much sense. If this deal did happen some how konerko would be lucky to hit 25 home runs next year.

Maybe Durazo will move to RF, isn't Dye a free agent?

I mean, he's played a whole 4 games there his career. :lol:

If I learned ANYTHING last off-season, I learned NOT to listen to any PK trade RUMORS. I about vomited after the 3,458 PK for Odalis Perez and (insert highly-touted Dodger minor-leaguer here) stories.

Wake me up if and when he's officially dealt.

:notworthy

The deal makes sense for us, but no sense whatsoever for Oakland, unless they do intend on trading Konerko out just like that.

Not sure if Beane would like Julio, but Oakland's bullpen needs to be upgraded, and they could potentially use someone like Hairston for the top of the order.

I'd like Konerko plus others for Hudson...that'd be great. But I'm not sure how much else we'd have to give up. Probably a ton.

I'd do that in a heart beat,  however I don't think this could happen without the Sox paying some of Konerko's 8.5 million dollar salary.

Look at Oakland's payroll, and if you have read money ball, you know what I'm talking about.

I agree get that done asap this month

Was this taken from the Whitesox.com board because I saw the same rumor.  I don't trust anything at Whitesox.com.  However, the deal makes sense for both teams, and Hudson makes us the AL Central Favorites easliy.

If this is the source, forget it. The only thing less dependable than Whitesox.com message boards are Peter Gammons.