Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to sox4lifeinPA's topic in SLaM
    Thats the same thing that stuck out to me. Cripes, I think their are pimps that have had less partners then that. No matter what, thats a hell of a lot of partners and thats a large % that has that. Of course that is based on one geographic area and I'm sure in other areas its far less. Still, I think thats a very shocking and to me disturbing stat. I'm not one to complain about what other people do if it doesn't hurt me or anyone else, but in that sense, I think its freaking disgusting (not the gay part, but the 60 partner part). Of course my good friend from when I was younger, who is now gay, has had the same partner since he came out, so I guess it just depends.
  2. He goes back on the ball as well as anyone I saw last year. The two games I saw, there were a few shots hit that I swore the ball was going over his head and the guy just went back and for one of them layed out and made a great catch. He really had good closing speed and seemed to get good jumps on the ball. Its impressive that his hitting and eye are improving with the jump and hopefully he can continue with his development.
  3. Danny you busted your ass for the Sox and I hope you can make it back with the Sox. Everything I've ever heard about you is that your a class act and unlike Rauch, I'lll be rooting for ya.
  4. Deal works for me. I woudln't like losing Borchard, but the Sox have Reed, Anderson and Sweeney so it can be done. Plus I don't mind losing Rauch and as good of a guy as Rowand is (Borchard is a great guy too) it means that Willie plays everyday and kind of opens up a spot for Jeremy Reed.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to MnSoxFan's topic in FutureSox Board
    Wow 2 losses in a row and in neither game did he pitch bad.
  6. Haven't seen Spidale throw enough, but the few games I saw him play he showed great range. I'd compare him to someone like Johnny Damon (upside wise defensively). Probabaly a little out of the league, but I trust Rex's analysis on the arm and well Damon has great range and NO arm. Of course, I haven't seen him enough to make that type of comparison, but I made it anyway, lol.
  7. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in FutureSox Board
    Brice will be in Winston Salem for the 2nd half of the season, you can book that. I think Anderson will be promoted to BHam while Sweeney will probably play the entire season with the Warthogs (call it a hunch) as will Nanita.
  8. Chisoxfn replied to SoxAce's topic in SLaM
    Happy Bday Chisonix...hope you have a damn good 21st and may you remember bits and pieces of it
  9. They also got J.J. Hardy and some others. #1 farm system by BA.
  10. He is on the DL and it will be announced on Friday. Jamie BUrke was called up to replace him. Personally I think they should be calling up Borchard who played in a game today.
  11. Luckily they have the best farm system in the majors, but only if they got a lot of talent will they move Sheets. They are still probably 2-3 years from competing, but they are getting close.
  12. I'm not one to knock whether someone has inside sources or not, but I'm a sceptical person, especially when it comes to that Maggs deal. I could of said their was a possibility of Maggs going for Nomar. Their was talks for so long before Otis made his post about a possible 3 way deal with Nomar going to the Dodgers, Sox getting some pitching and the BoSox would end up getting Maggs (that was the new part). Still, it wasn't something way out there. However, if these rumors are true...I could give a damn who the Sox gave up. I'd hope they could keep Reed, but Honel, Borchard, and one of Anderson/Sweeney are tradeable in my book. Especially when were talking about Ben Sheets or C.C. Sabathia, two front of the rotation guys that can also be kept in Chicago for the long haul. They aren't temporarily solutions and I'd s*** my pants in excitement if the Sox got em.
  13. Personally I think Otis had a lucky guess, plus I thought his ties were in the Boston Organization, not the WHite Sox one. I also don't see Cleveland giving up CC when they are on the verge of getting things together. Cleveland may be able to win the division as soon as next year.
  14. Brett Smith is a good player. Also keep an eye out on Matt Anderson, I think he plays 3rd base for UCI. He's got good power potential. UCI also has a few younger playesr that are pretty talented.
  15. Vladdy 9 RBI in one game....BADASS Too bad Washburn and Colon both got their asses clobbered.
  16. How is Reed a local high school player for the White Sox, unless of course he lives in CHicago, but I don't think a Chicago kid would be comitting to Long Beach State.
  17. After making my post, noticed yours basically says the same thing
  18. You guys are all nuts. Cotts has struggled three times and all three times it just happened to cost the team the game. Despite that he has at times been one of the best relievers and no one is going to tell me that Wunsch did a better job in his stint up here. Cotts is much more versatile then Wunsch, is a better pitcher at this point, and has way more upside. However, if they wnat to make Cotts a 5th starter, then maybe they should option him down and let him pick up innings there and call him back up. I don't know if the Sox want to waste an option though.
  19. s***, my bad, Bartfield was who I was thinking of. But didn't even look up his statts this year. I just hear the Padres announcers rave about him.
  20. Well Jared is about as poised as it gets on the mound. Then again, his bigger brother always was pretty poised and in control when on the mound as well. I have never heard any complaints about his attitude though. I think Weaver went downhill when he joined the Tigers and just kept losing and he just couldn't handle it. Weaver is starting to look like he's coming out of his funk though. He's looked really good at times for the Dodgers. Jared will be a good pitcher though. I think at his best he'll be Tim Hudson (which says something) and at his worse he won't be bad. He'll likely fall somewhere in between and be a 2nd to 3rd guy in the rotation.
  21. I think they have Gatreau for 2nd base and he's supposed to be a real stud. One of my best friends worked for the Lake Elsinore Storm last year and he was telling me how freaking good Gatreau is. The guy absolutely rakes the ball and is going to be up there pretty quick along side Greene.
  22. I agree with you. I think he should undergo surgery, rehab it, and then come back next year. The one thing that makes me nervous is pitchers tend to struggle when they return from shoulder surgery. Its probably going to be his labrum that is operated on. Luckily, he didn't really depend on velocity as it was, but his slider is filthy and I hope it doesn't effect that.
  23. Not sure who'd be interested in this, but was listenting to the local sports radio station (its the Padres station) and they were talking about how the Padres are leaning to taking J.D. Drew's younger brother and converting him into a centerfielder. Personally I'd think they would be fools to pass up on Nienemann...thats who I would take #1 overall, but I see the allure of taking Weaver because he should be pretty good. He seems like a safe pick who will be good, probably not a total star, but pretty good.
  24. Ryan Wing Decision Close By Jason Gage June 1, 2004 FutureSox.com Ryan Wing had done nothing but dominate since joining the White Sox organization in 2001 (2nd round pick out of Riverside Community College). Unfortunately, this season has been a bit different. Wing started the season on the disabled list with soreness in his shoulder and was originally expected to come back sometime between May and June. Wing has always been less heralded then the 1st round pick that year, Kris Honel, but has pitched just as good throughout their careers (9-7, 2.98 ERA). Now Wing has a tough decision in front of him. He will be deciding whether to undergo season ending shoulder surgery or to continue to rehab it without shoulder surgery. If he rehabs, their is a remote possibility that he could make a few starts before the season ends. It is expected that he will make his decision in the next few weeks and we at FutureSox.com wish him the best of luck in a speedy, sucessful recovery.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to Yoda's topic in SLaM
    Not necessarily an academy award movie, but last night watched Greek Week and that was a pretty damn funny movie. But some of my favorites are Gladiator, all the Lord of the Rings, Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Snatch, Major League, Office Space

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.