Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Report: Sox May Have Signed Ponson
I caught Gammons on sportscenter this morning and he made no mention of Ponson when talking about the Orioles. He specifically mentioned that they had made offers to Vlad and Pudge or that they will. Take it for what its worth though.
-
Report: Sox May Have Signed Ponson
Well, Kenny has said a few times as of late that he doesn't have to trade guys. I think JR wants him to but he isn't set on that.
-
If We trade Maggs
I'm guessing somehow the Sox would then move either Thomas or Konerko and move Lee and play Juan Gonzalez in left and a youngster like Reed/Rowand in right. But it would probably be a FA acquisition.
-
Sox pick up Jason Grilli, RHP
Well, we can happily say that the Sox didn't lose any prospects in the Rule V.
-
Report: Sox May Have Signed Ponson
Weird...you'd think that be linked somewhere. I've only seen the NY times and now this even report that the Sox had made an offer. Maybe it is a deal they will announce in a few days, after they move Ordonez???
-
Sun Times Article
Oh s***, if the Dodgers did that...all I could say is wow. I'd do that for Perez, Jackson and Mota, let alone getting one of their other top 4 prospects. I'd be patting KW on the back for that one. Sox would get a stud reliever, a solid starter and two top ass prospects.
-
Sox pick up Jason Grilli, RHP
Grilli was the top prospect of the Giants a few years ago and was the key piece of the Rob Nenn deal. I think he had some arm injuries, but he's supposed to have dominant stuff. This is a good move, but I was surprised they took him. That leads me to believe, A, they could just have Grilli as a part of the Koch trade (allowing the Sox to keep him, without keeping on the major league roster) or B, they could be expecting him to be one of their relievers this season.
-
THE official post a pic of yourself thread
That sucks, I'd love to see what everyone else looks like. During my break I plan on restoring this thread and the hot chick thread.
-
Valentin to Seattle
This doesn't really kill that deal, if you ask me it makes it more viable. Now the Sox would know their price if they do trade for Guillen, instead of worrying what he would get in arbitration. I think they signed him, much like the Sox signed Mark Johnson before trading him because it makes it easier to work out a deal when the guy is signed.
-
Maggs trade
Because 14 mill is too much on a team that is gonna have a 58 mill payroll. If he was willing to negotiate a long term contract at 10 mill a year for like 3-4 yrs, then I'd say keep him, but as of now he is demanding a ridiculous amount.
-
Our farm system
Good stuff Jim, I pretty much agree with you. Of course I believe that Rupe and Ring were the only good prospects we gave up in the deadline deals, although I do like Hummell. But I like your analysis.
-
Maggs trade
Well, we don't know who said no on Soriano and with Tejada not going to Seattle it changes the playing field.
-
Bears playing well
The d played great and Grossman showed some promise, but he's definately very raw still. Loved the play of Brown and Tillman once again and Zoom played with some bunch.
-
Tejada Signs a 6-year, 54 million deal with Balt.
Thats a big difference...if they gave him 72 mill or so I'd have to say they grossly overpaid him. But hell, makes Jose look like more of a bargain.
-
Tejada Signs a 6-year, 54 million deal with Balt.
This deal isn't horrible money wise, its horrible in the sense they have him for 6 years, so you have putting a lot of faith in him staying healthy and all that. I do think this means Magglio to Mariners becomes a bigger possibility and I think you could definately say that Jose will now be the main target of teams looking for a shortstop. Teams can't sit and hope Nomar goes onto the market cause both owners seem to believe that they will not be able to pull off the Manny/Arod deal although that could just be them trying to be wise. And for whoever said Lee/Jose couldn't get Garcia and Wynn I think your wrong. The Mariners are just trying to unload Garcia and would probably do it for Konerko. Lee could get the Sox Washburn with ease, although It wouldn't be horrible to see a Lee/Jose for Garcia and Wynn deal, if the Sox could add Guillen into that deal so they fill 3 needs. Still, I'd probably prefer to trade Magglio and then sign Lee to a long term deal at a more affordable price, if possible. Then look to get Aubrey Huff.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
I know during the middle of the season there were some reports that Baltimore would be willing to increase their payroll by as much as 40 million. Signing Tejada was definately the first step. This has to make a Mariners/Maggs deal a little more likely.
-
Blue Jays to make trade very soon
Kennedy was good the year before, last year I think he had an ERA around 6.
-
Question
Perez and Garcia are both arbitration eligible. Perez will likely get 5 mill, Garcia 8 mill. There are reports that Garcia may be non tendered and if thats the case he becomes a FA, but those aren't verified. If I got Soriano, I'd have him start.
-
Mets sign Cameron
But is Mike Cameron really 3 mill a year better then Carl Everett??? But your right, I definately mis priced him. I thought he could of been had for 4 mill a year and I think thats what he's worth. I also thought Colon was an 8 mill a year pitcher, 10 mill max. He got more then that and so be it. Sometimes other teams overpay cause they have drastic needs, but I think teams are almost always better off not overpaying and just waiting and going another direction. I hope the Sox do this.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
Angelos is willing to lose a fortune.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
They would of done a deal if the Dodgers gave up one of their top pitching prospects or at least thats what was reported. I think if you gave up two top pitching prospects and another pretty highly rated prospect you could get him. And it be more then worth it.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
Agreed...I knew his stats were good, but I just looked at him and Maggs what. Huff is a freaking stud. If they demanded Rauch and Honel, I'd do it. 26 yrs old, bats left, throws right and plays a solid right field. Last season he hit .311 with 34 hr, 107 RBI, and had a .367 OBP. He also made 325 K, which means he shouldn't make too much next year, although I think it would be great to sign him to an extension. And his 2002 numbers were very similar, although over far fewer games. He may be the most under-rated player in the majors. If the Sox could: Jose, Magglio for Garcia, Wynn, Soriano/Naggette (My spelling sucks for his name), and Carlos Guillen. Then move Borchard, Rauch and Pacheco/Honel/Wing/Anyone but Reed, for Aubrey Huff. You then sign two relievers and move Koch. Wynn - 4 mil- l Guillen - 3 mill Thomas - 6.5 mill Huff - 1 mill (I'd sign him long term though for a lot more) Carlos Lee - 7 mill Konerko - 8 mill Crede - 750 k Olivo - 500 k Harris - 500 k Total Cost: 31.25 mill Thats a freaking hell of a lineup. And you got a rotation with 4 pretty proven starters and then Soriano or Naggotte. And a strong bullpen. Rotation Elo - 4 mill Buehrle - 3.5 mill Garcia - 8 mill (maybe they can reach a cheaper deal if they give him some stability) Garland - 2 mill Soriano/Naggotte - 400 K Total Cost 18 mill (a little less then) Bullpen Marte - 1 mill Two FA Relievers = 5 mill (2.5 per) Weathers = 3 mill (Plus another mill that we pay for Koch, so 4 mill total) Wright - 500 K Sanders/Majewski/Munoz (400 K) Total Cost: 11 mill (a little less) So thats total pitching of 29 mill and total hitting of 31.25 for a total of 60.25 mill, only 2 mil over the proposed budget. I'd say this would be a possibillity and it be a hell of a team. I'd have to think the Drays would do a deal for Rauch and Pacheco (They want pitching and both could come in) as well as Borchard (Chance to turn things around).
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
Heck, then you don't have to add Payton, Huff provides left handed pop and the Sox have their rotation set, add two relievers and don't have to sign any FA position players. That be freaking incredible. Plus, Reed passed Borchard, so I got no problem. Huff is inexpensive and the Drays want pitching.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'd try not to give up Pacheco though.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
Thats it, I knew they had someone, couldn't think of who it was. I'd think Wynn and Garcia are definately part of the package. The question is whether Guillen would come into the picture if the Sox want to unload Jose (Only if Tejada doesn't sign with the Mariners) and then the Sox demand one of the prospects and hold out for Soriano. Mariners are trading Wynn, who would be a bench player...Guillen would of been non tendered, Garcia (They don't want him and he's gonna get dealt for a bat sooner or later..potentially non tendered too, but who knows) and then the prospect. So in all honesty, the Mariners are making a deal giving up one guy that would of really be contributing on an every 5th day basis in Soriano or the top prospect. The Sox give up two everyday players, but pick up all starters that will come in and help. Mariners have a stud outfield, still have their infield with some pop and can insert Naggotte into the rotation or one of their other very good prospects. I think the only ??? is if they can get Soriano.