Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. In high school each year some anti abortion group would picket outside of our school showing these nasty pictures of the unborn fetuses being removed and all that type of stuff. I never saw the point of it cause I'm not one on pressing my beliefs down someone elses throat, but they were definately graphic and i could see how they could change someones thoughts.
  2. I thought these were almost always done in cases where the patients life is on the line. I think in those situations it should definately an abortion should definately be allowed to take place if the patient deems it necessary. I am not for or against abortion in terms of aboloshing it. Personally I wouldn't recommend my wife or girlfriend to have one but I'm not going to tell someone else they can't. I guess that makes me pro choice, but I still believe it is wrong.
  3. Chisoxfn posted a topic in SLaM
    I saw where a few days ago on the ticker that the US was trying to get stem cell research banned internationally. This is a topic that really pisses me off. The way I understand it, getting a stem cell and doing research on Stem Cells in no way, shape or form takes away a babies life. I thought they just used tissues from the uterus or the fetus or something along those lines, but they don't just go out killing babies or anything like that. I'm unsure of the procedure but I do know their are a ton of benefits to stem cells. The fact that you could regrow cells is amazing, especially in situations where someone has cancer and there cells are the major cause. Well now you could replace those cells and rebuild healthy ones. Also, for those that need nerve endings and such to rebuild, such as someone that is paralyzed, well this is a possibility and for anyone with any type of head trama where they lost a ton of brain cells, once again this is a help. To me stem cells are the first step to really exponentially increasing a persons life expectancy and I for one want to be alive when this type of thing happens so I can see many things, plus living a couple hundred years aught to give me at least decent odds of watching the Sox play in and win a World Series Anyway, I was wondering what others thought of this issue and also for those that know a little more on it, please pass on some details on how exactly they get the cells, and such.
  4. It will be down for the next two days or so. I got a ton of schoolwork I got to get to but once I finish my Bus Law test on Thursday then I'm gonna get to it. I don't think its a major problem and I think the problem stems from the upgrade I ran last night when trying to repair everything.
  5. I think at the end of the 2006 or 2007 season.
  6. Thats why you buy it...and return it the next day Come on Flash...I expect better from you
  7. And I actually get that...guess we know I have watched the show
  8. If we could get Ringer back and Roger I'd be happy
  9. I'd go with Ally.
  10. What video is this, sounds interesting
  11. I wish I had the day off. Went to school, then work for a bit now I got to do some serious studying the next two days. Yet I find myself here, its addicting
  12. Chisoxfn replied to moochpuppy's topic in SLaM
    Also for those that are interested I found out kind of what happened. This error had been going on for about two months, starting on 9/11 of all days and ended on 11/9 when the mysql crashed and scans were done to remove all corrupt files. The problem was whatever was in the mysql was corrupting people on the servers files so then when this scan was done many necessary files were removed. In our case we lost quite a few tables, which I was working on restoring last night and it caused all those errors. On the most part the errors were wrong and thats what had me all screwed up. The problem was that the files weren't there and once that was solved it wasn't too bad of a fix. Of course I had help from the server company cause I didn't have all the stuff on hand. They did the finishing touches after I went to sleep last night Now we will be getting moved to a brand new server (Well I think its like 3 months old, but it has all the latest operating systems and all that good stuff.
  13. Phew, I was afraid I was gonna have to give out a bunch of refunds On the bright side, this month on the server is free, lol. And we are getting moved to an almost brand new server with all new tools cause whatever it was was being affected because of the mighty POWER of Soxtalk
  14. Chisoxfn replied to moochpuppy's topic in SLaM
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure there are a few more errors. Whatever I did last night got most of the kinks worked out but I still got another hour or two of work to finalize everything. In hte process I did upgrade the board to a newer version or at least I think I did Most likely I won't be able to get to these final errors till Thursday because I have some tests I have to study for and well now that I know at least the boards are up and operable I can get back to that and kind of push these things off for a few days. I think these errors are much more minor or at least I hope they are. On the bright side, sometime in the next week we will be moving to a newer, better server
  15. Well I found out the terminology of what happened. Its called a mysql crash and to say the least mysql and PHP are what powers this board. I think the server company must of spent some time on my coding and somehow got it fixed.
  16. Part of me still believes this was a server issue, since at one point last night I was told the board came back on for a few minutes and I know I wasn't touching it then. I'm still very upset cause I got to figure out what the heck happened so I can do what I can to ensure this doesn't happen again.
  17. I'm getting ready to head off to classes, but s*** hit the fan yesterday to say the least. The server crashed in the afternoon and then went back up. The problem was when the server went back up our site wasn't and it was cause parts of our database got hit and removed. I was working for quite a long time last night trying to get things solved and finally gave up for the night. A few times I thought I had it only to find a new error come up. It may of been a friend of mine that helped get this back up. What I do know is, I'm gonna start making a daily update of all the databases so when stuff like this happens I can just dump the stuff from a day old and worse case scenario the board is up immediately. Also in case this ever happens again, I'm gonna have a backup board set up that I can immediately redirect to here for the temporary time being. I do not want this to happen again. Also, if anyone here is excellent at coding and understands this stuff really good, I'd love your help cause as you can see I'm far from an expert . If so shoot me an email at jason@soxnet.net Once again, so so sorry.
  18. I still don't have a clue what happenned. Last night I spent a few hours trying to get things figured out. Whatever happened after the server went out killed a few of the tables and created a ton of error messages. I left last night to get some sleep and the board wasn't up and I wake up and it is up, so now I'm really confused. Maybe a friend of mine who has the access was able to get it fixed. If so THANKS SO MUCH Anyway, I'm very very very very sorry about this outage.
  19. Graffy will be back. He's JR's favorite player and still a very valuable guy off the bench. I also think Ventura will be back. I'd look for the Sox to put some solid vets on the bench (Also Cheap) and for them to help Ozzie and the coaches with some of the younger players. My gut feeling is that Harris/Reed/Rowand will be in center and Harris/Vina at 2nd as the Sox groom Harris for the leadoff spot and Reed in the 2 hole. If the Sox get the pitching they can still be very sucessful with this type of combo.
  20. I'm just gonna go straight through to get my law degree. I know if I take anytime off, I'm gonna get lazy, plus then your stuck in a permanent job and stuff like that and psychologically it makes things harder. But School is actually fun. I'd be more caught up but the last two weeks I logged 72 hours at work plus my 5 classes, so in short it sucked. But on the bright side I get to start working out of my house the majority of the time. I'm now a loan officer
  21. My picks are Ribbie...Jurassic Carl....and the Cheats And to further add to this, someone has to have a picture of the sigs cause they will go in a special hall of fame thread. We will add a new sig every two months. After the weeks end we will start and avatar hall of fame which will work the same way.
  22. Sure Sure...I got a few hell weeks coming up. Papers, Papers, Term Paper, Presentation, Presentation....tests :fyou
  23. U can't always give in at work, otherwise they come to expect it from you and once that happens and you finally have the balls to step up your screwed. My theory, be helpful, but when something isn't write, say it and don't back down from it. Be willing to listen and that type of crap. But calling them Nazis ...why didn't I think of that
  24. Chisoxfn replied to Be Good's topic in SLaM
    Begood if you want I can email ya my Resume. I just did one and its in identical format. Had to do it for my business writing class.
  25. Couldn't agree more...move Konerko and Koch if needed and just sign a few vets for the pen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.