Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 8, 2014 -> 07:51 PM) We'll see. He's more athletic for sure but I'm not sold on him making NFL throws at all. Durability will be his biggest issue. He should be a great fit in Shanny's offense, just a major question of will he be able to stay on the field.
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
I like what Browns have done. I really liked getting the CB. I have quietly been pushing CB over safety (in fact had MLB over safety too) and would have taken CB or Mosely over either safety, especially Ha Ha who I think is very overrated. I think in this deep corner draft we'll see Bears select another corner, who they think they can move to free safety. We got a guy who some thought was the top corner in the draft @ 14. I'll take that all day and let Tillman and company help coach him and prepare him. I hope we get another young guy to join the secondary and think it will be a third or 4th rounder that we convert. You can find good safety's late and that guy doesn't have to be a safety as you can teach a corner to be a safety and succeed (and I love the idea of having a guy that is a good cover guy at safety…clearly they have to be able to tackle too).
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 8, 2014 -> 06:47 PM) I also wanted Pryor or Ha-Ha........ safety a way bigger need than corner this season....................Conte again this year makes me vomit. I think Bears thought McDonald was going to fall to them Rams took him at 13. I wonder If Fuller starts at corner and Tillman moves to safety. I wanted to move down given Donald went, however, Fuller has some nice tools and I think having a strong cover corner more important then safety. Happy with the pick but I was one of the few that kept talking up the Bears taking a corner over safety and a lot of that had to do with the fact that I didn't think this was an elite safety class and therefor felt it may not make sense to take one in the first round. Like going db as a whole knowing there should be a DT available in the 2nd round that has a first round grade (hopefully at least).
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ May 8, 2014 -> 11:21 AM) Hell yeah I'd trade 14 down to 18. If Donald is there, i probably don't, although you still might have to consider it given the depth at DT. I think at 18 we will definitely be able to get one of the guys one my list and getting an extra 3rd rounder would be pretty beneficial.
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 8, 2014 -> 08:43 AM) Word is that Lovie really likes Donald and will not let him get past the Bucs I heard some circles say the Bucs are the one team in the top 15 thinking about Manziel still too. If they don't take him, they will take Donald. Unless Mike Evans slips to them.
- I'm Back
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 07:27 AM) I have a feeling the Bears might move back. I know they need a safety and that is mocked to them alot, but I'm not sure teams are that high on Clinton-Dix and Pryor. Honestly, I like Bucannon better than both of those guys. Only thing we can hope is there is more and more smoke to these Manziel to Dallas fires and some team that likes Manziel a lot, cuts a deal with us to move ahead of Dallas. That or some other guys will have to drop. I am a proponent of moving down, presuming Donald isn't there.
- White Sox Winner!!!
-
Johnson will make at least one more start at AAA
QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 7, 2014 -> 02:58 PM) He's better than he showed in April. Glad he's taking the demotion seriously. Really shows the type of person he is and to me the way he is handling this so professionally is a good sign about his future (from a mental perspective).
-
2014 Draft class
That stinks. If he is around in the 2nd round, I'd draft him. Aiken / Kolek / Rodon. No other options.
- 2014 TV thread
-
FutureSox: Profiling Cleuluis Rondon
QUOTE (ptatc @ May 6, 2014 -> 04:45 PM) Wow. We may be the only two left that think this way. Sign me up as well. I love pitching, defense and situational hitting / baseball.
-
5/7 Games
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2014 -> 09:44 AM) Maybe EJ just had jitters? Could but or he could have been pitching through a dead arm. I'd be curious to know what the radar readings have been. I know Robin alluded to him needing to find his stuff so maybe that meant, he was going through some problems and wasn't 100%. Maybe he wasn't in shape to start the year, not sure.
-
2014 Draft class
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:12 AM) Very interesting especially with the elbow concern. I guess he does not take that into consideration when ranking. It comes down to what is wrong. If there is no structrual damage and it is a minor issue, I don't think it will impact his stock much at all. If there is structural damage and more to this, then I could see that being the case. However, at 100%, I wouldn't have a problem taking him #1 overall. I don't think we can go wrong with any of the top 4 guys (given what we know today). Only major things that could go wrong are injuries (they all have that risk; Hoffman has a known issue right now; Rodon with pitch count problems and the other guys...you are a pitcher so you never know) or signing problems (which really only exist with Rodon).
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 6, 2014 -> 07:44 PM) Paul George slept with Roy Hibberts wife. Damn, My money was on Evan Turner. Where did you hear that. What an idiot.
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 7, 2014 -> 09:37 AM) I'd actually rather have Paul Pasqualoni as the DL coach than Marinelli. I'm curious to see what Paul does but Marinelli is a legend and was great for this team. Outstanding human being too.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:06 AM) Comcast SportsNet @CSNChicago 1h Jay Cutler: Josh McCown made me a better person -- http://bit.ly/1s04YId #BearsTalk I said it last year in how he handled his bad games, Jay is a different person and I'm very proud that he is our quarterback and I think he is going to end up doing some very exciting things for this franchise as a whole (and some frustrating things but I think he will win at least one superbowl with the Bears).
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (southside hitman @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:42 AM) People were losing their s*** over Jernigan early on but on films he looks like a inconsistent motor guy. He can dominate when he wants to but most of the time he's coasting along. He has the body for a really good pro. Wish we still had Marinelli.
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:33 AM) Seriously. That tells you way more about intelligence than any Wonderlic test. And LOL at some of their agents claiming that the failures for "diluted samples" came from "accidentally" drinking too much water. I actually had that happen to me for a drug test for a job. No one told me and I usually drink a lot of water and i had to go back and get retested. Again, these guys are better educated than that and I'm not naive. However, in my case, I had nothing to dilute my sample for (don't do drugs and never have).
-
A question from a new member
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2014 -> 10:51 AM) Neither is Addison Reed. ??? He may not be an elite closer but he's a proven commodity.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 6, 2014 -> 09:22 AM) I'd go through the setup again too. Pretend like you just bought it. I've done it on two separate occasions. Some times it works great, other times issues.
-
2014 Draft class
QUOTE (raBBit @ May 6, 2014 -> 07:44 AM) I have heard Laumann say that Rodon is far and away the best player in the draft. When Laumann was saying he loved Hoffman, he probably never imagined Rodon might be a possibility at #3. Even so, Rodon still probably isn't available at #3. I think they will take Rodon over Hoffman, if they think he will sign for 1-3 money and not 1-1 money. If it takes 1-1 money, you absolutely can't draft him (unless you have him so rated above everyone else that it makes sense to go cheap / under slot the rest of the draft; which I presume isn't the case).
-
2014 Draft class
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 5, 2014 -> 11:26 PM) You're Rick Hahn and Aiken and Kolek are off the board, who do you take at pick #3? Hoffman. I am warming up to Rodon but I hate the idea of working with Boras.
-
Dunn in the Outfield
For once, we really want Dunn's bat in the lineup and I'm fully supportive of that.
-
White Sox Winner!
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2014 -> 07:38 AM) Dan Hayes @DanHayesCSN 9h #WhiteSox bullpen over last 15 games has a 1.65 ERA. That's 54.2 IP. My concern is how much work they are getting in. Robin is going to them a lot and that could really hurt us in the summer.