Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 11:46 AM) So serious question. If "My agent is Scott Boras" is legitimately pushing a guy down in the draft, why on Earth would a high draft pick use Scott Boras as his agent? You could switch to Boras before you get to free agency if you really want to follow that biggest money possible path, and you're costing yourself several million dollars if you could be a #1 pick and you go#3. Well, he does have a pretty good track record of getting his top guys big money. That said, I think any time you end up not signing in the draft and going back (when you are a top pick) you are making a bad decision.
  2. QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 06:22 AM) So every top tier starter has missed a couple starts due to an injury this season? I mean if he comes out and ruins everyone from now until the draft and says nothing hurts and you believe him, sure. But if there are any question marks at all, I'm looking elsewhere. Just IMO, I guess. I didn't say this season. I said at some point in time in their careers leading up to this. Whether late in high school or in college. I bet the percentage is extremely significant, then go the majors and take them through the minor leagues and that is again similar.
  3. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 11:49 AM) I had to reread this...Sterling? Should say Sterling.
  4. QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 11:44 AM) I think it's hilarious that people are bringing up freedom speech and that this country is dead on the yahoo forums. Do these idiots know that the NBA is not the government nor can the government rule on what is clearly an internal affair? It is an incredibly slippery slope when something you say in your personal residence in private gets you in this type of trouble. This is not someone going out and getting on a soap box and making a public stance. In fact, there have been some organizations coming out and saying that while Sterling might have voiced these concerns and issues in private, in public he has made great contributions to minorities, etc (now this is all based upon donations he has made). What he said was wrong and he is paying the price but I think the person who released the tapes should rot too because they are not innocent either. However, this really isn't the first time with STerling and there is far too much smoke, etc, and the NBA can not ignore what is out there and Silver made absolutely the right move given all of the facts and I really commend him for this. I personally thought if it was anything less then this, you'd probably see the Clippers players (or at least certain players) protest by not playing. In fact, I could have seen other teams in the league join in on the protest if it was something like a slap on the wrist. The NBA acted swift and appropriately.
  5. QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 05:15 PM) Interesting part of that article: Bears No. 3 receiving position with Marquess Wilson and Domenik Hixon Excited about this possibility. Also realizing we may need to draft a WR. I definitely think the team will draft a wide-out. That or we will add a June/July cap casualty.
  6. Thats right...http://www.forbes.com/sites/robasghar/2014/04/14/fall-of-the-grammar-snobs-how-typos-became-okay/
  7. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 03:45 PM) Very sad to see this is the season finale of Vikings. I am looking forward to see what Ragnar does to get Horik out of hte way. Season or series?
  8. QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 02:07 PM) QFT. If you weren't going to draft a guy because he missed a start or two due to an injury, you probably wouldn't be able to take anyone. I think it comes down to what drove the injury and is it long term or serious in nature. If it isn't, you shouldn't not draft him if you think he is the guy. Plus, for anyone pushing Rondon over Hoffman due to injury concerns, you should probably rethink that as there are other concerns over Rondon, including the impacts of the high pitch count. On the flipside, if he stays strong in his mechanics, it might not impact him and you also have to remember that college pitchers get the benefit of extra rest (vs. mlb starters).
  9. Chisoxfn replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    I lied slav. A third tip. Don't even waste your time negotiating an extended warranty plan. I'm not sure if you want one or not but just know this. There are fat margins on those products and if you do want one (again personal preference and they sell these things to make money...but for some it is like an insurance policy and they like knowing they are covered for significant repairs) you have up until the warranty runs up to get one and you can get one from any dealership (+ can use 3rd party companies). What I did on my last one, was frequent a Toyota forum, found out what the exact pricing was and found a dealer in Kansas who did it for $10 over Toyota cost. It was about 2250 less ( Again, I'm comfortable doing that because it gives me the fixed price I want for my car (I try to buy and hold for 8-10 years and then it gives a little piece of mind when selling the car as well; to whomever the buyer is). I also am an accountant so when it comes to fixing cars, unless it is basics like replacing some lights or putting on new windshield wipers (or swapping the air vents), i'm worthless nor do I know a mechanic I trust so I'd rather just be covered if some mechanical failure happens.
  10. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 03:02 PM) So Im going to get some offers from this company to basically run it. The salary isnt going to be amazing but likely an increase from what Im making. The only catch is that right now I basically have a job for life, going to this new company there would be a risk that the company fails. It would also likely end my litigation career, which makes me feel a little melancholy to write. There is no such thing as a job for life. A lot of choices but ultimately being young, you can fail, but you need to make sure that as a whole, no matter what, you can continue to learn and develop yourself and improve (obviously you have to get paid) but continuous improvements helps build you for future career opportunities later in life.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 08:00 AM) Capital One does prequalifications for auto loans on line if you are close. They will tell you what credit line you qualify for and what your interest rate would be. Going from there you can go backwards to get your payment with a compounding interest calculator. One other tip...don't negotiate based upon what the monthly payment is. First negotiate the price you are comfortable paying, second understand the credit process and what is available (special financing, etc) and have a rough idea from a credit union or two as well so you have all of the facts. If you go for payment, you will be f***ed. The payment is simple math based upon numerous factors that can be negotiated. You should figure out what you are comfortable with before going and then start by negotiating price of vehicle (that is completely dependent on negotiating any price of financing)...then once that is set, move on to step 2.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 12:17 AM) I'm getting closer and closer to buying my first new car. It's kind of intimidating since I don't know what to expect. I'm still not sure whether I'll lease or buy, but I know I've narrowed it down to a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Wrangler Unlimited or a Dodge Charger. I'm 24 and building credit, so I don't know how my credit score will effect my interest rate and what kind of loan I might qualify for. Don't listen or trust the dealers to tell you what your rate is. Go to a credit union or two and have that understanding before you walk into the dealership. If you don't, they will take you for whatever they can get. The loan people feed of people who are unknowledgeable about their credit and how the process works. I encourage you to read through articles on the car buying websites, etc. Make sure you go in prepared. Also, you never have a need to share your credit until you are interested. Dealers are notorious for doing multiple hard pulls as they shop your rate as well so you have to be careful the whole time. Presuming you pay your credit cards, etc, on time, you should be okay but first do one of your free credit reports so you have all the facts.
  13. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 05:48 PM) They finally put season 3 of The Inbetweeners on Netflix. This show cracks me up. I never knew there was a 3rd season. That show is a riot. I finally saw the movie a while back too. Those goofie kids.
  14. QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:40 AM) I started but ultimately didn't post Donald Sterling thread to point out the hypocrisy of the commentators. There's Broussard, as noted above. Magic Jonnson is not someone whose moral compass is one that I would follow. Jalen Rose had the Uncle Tom thing regarding black players going to duke, yet is offended by Donald Sterling's racism. And, Bill Simmons is a season ticket holder for the Clippers, yet is offended by the owner. Anyway, Sterling is a scumbag, and the league should do what mlb did with George Steinbrenner and strip him of his ability to be involved (at the very least). If possible, the nba should try to force him to sell.& Why does Bill Simmons being a season ticket holder make him a hypocrite that he is offended by the owner? Are you saying every season ticket holder of the Clippers is a hypocrite and that they are indirectly racists?
  15. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:03 AM) Another crazy part was even after the stuff I posted came out so many years ago, this guy was still collecting awards from the NAACP. Wasn't he up for NAACP Lifetime achievment award or something? That blew my mind. I heard that on sports radio this morning so might not have been true.
  16. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:02 AM) How do we know Stern didn't try to talk the other owners into getting rid of him? To a certain extent Stern (and Silver's) hands are tied on this. They can't/won't do anything without the support of the other owners. And i'm sure the other owners don't want to touch this issue with a 20 foot pole. I hadn't seen Silver speak until that press conference, what a flipping disaster. Come on...this is really easy. I realize a lot of owners probably have said / done things regrettable. Nothing to the extent of Sterling. All the b****ing about MLB and Selig and he at least was able to handle things with the Marge Schott issue. I bet every owner in the league knows Sterling needs to be ousted, the problem is they are also worried about the slippery slope that is caused as every owner worries about what they say / do that might set the world off. Even if you put the Clippers in a blind trust, you are putting them in a position to fail. No one is going to want to give Sterling a dime. No player will really want to go there, etc. They have to solve this matter and quickly, imo.
  17. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 10:56 AM) Very true. Unfortunately, Baylors claims couldnt be substantiated and we had to wait until now for it to come to a head With Baylor the hardest part was probably more tied to the fact that while he was underpaid he was also the worst GM in the history of professional sports. However, I guarantee there was a lot of truth to his overall claims. Sterling is a despicable human being.
  18. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 10:27 AM) Why is it only now Donald Sterling and racism is a big deal to the NBA? http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sordid-lif...donald-sterling That is the real bad part. People really shouldn't be surprised by this and he should have been kicked out a long time ago. This is on David Stern. He refused to take a stand against the POS that was Sterling. He's been the worst owner in professional sports for a long time and he's also a turd of a human being and calling him a turd is being nice.
  19. Heck of a first start and got to love what you are seeing but know there will be a learning curve as the league continues to try and adjust to him. He seems like he has the right head on his shoulders and the right approach to be able to adjust and continue to succeed though. Been a beast thus far.
  20. QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 08:13 AM) I mean, you can't really cite a guy's rehab stint at AA when he's got a track record of better (but not good) performance in the majors over several years. The fact is, Semien has hit in a timely but overall crappy manner. Beckham's going to continue to get his last shot. "Don't tell me what he hits, tell me when he hits it." - Hawk
  21. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 08:11 PM) I hate that this is true It isn't. Beckham needs to be playing the utility role, not Semien. Semien is more important to the future and for the time being should be getting the bulk of the starter at bats and continue to develop.
  22. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 01:27 PM) One thing a lot of people don't realize is Dayan Viciedo is actually a year younger than Adam Eaton. His bat speed and natural tools, from an offensive perspective, are elite. I hope this is just the start of his maturity and development as a hitter. I've never wavered on Viciedo and felt that it was important that the organization is patient with him. I hope this patience will be justified and this is just the start of what is to come.
  23. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 06:13 PM) I've got October 12 circled on my calendar. Bears coming to Atlanta. I've circled that game as well. Going to likely come out with a couple buddies (one of my best buddies is in Fatlanta).
  24. QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 04:03 PM) Seems like replay has just been a headache. I'd rather have just kept fair/foul hits and traps as plays that could be looked at. I miss the manager/umpire arguments. Its brutal. Worst idea ever (in regular season). I can live with it in postseason.
  25. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 05:13 PM) No kidding. Seahawks-Niners on thanksgiving? Yes please. Its going to make an already enjoyable day more enjoyable.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.