Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2013 TV Thread
I saw the first episode of the following last night....definitely looks like a show with potential. The wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 04:47 PM) Yeah, but Deng only played 31 minutes. Jimmy is taking minutes from both spots. But Deng was in his first game back from an injury, so you'd expect his minutes to be limited. We'll have a better idea a week or so from now. Bulls need to find a way to limit Deng & Noah's minutes.
-
2012-2013 Official NHL thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 08:34 AM) I only sit 200 or 100 for Bulls - it's so much fun. I dont' go often but when I go to lakers/clippers games it is always in a similar section and the event is just a total blast. Atmosphere is better, imo, and the game is more entertaining to me (I'm not a big hockey person...mainly because tv doesn't do it justice; live is awesome).
-
2012-2013 Official NHL thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 08:02 AM) I feel like hockey and baseball are better life, NFL is better on TV no question, and NBA depends on where you sit. NBA down close is pretty freaking awesome. I have NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL in that order. I could never order NFL season tickets (one game is fine with me) because it is just so much better on tv.
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 11:02 AM) I assume this is the British version? Ive been watching the US one, and its been solid. When you say the US one, do you mean the one on CBS? This one is a BBC show. Each season is 3 episodes (1.5Hr's long). They have done two seasons so far and you can stream for free through prime if you are a prime member. I watch the US one and it doesn't even come close to the BBC show. One of my favorite shows of all time (wish there were more episodes). It is so well done, imo.
-
2013 TV Thread
Finally watched seasons 1 and 2 of sherlock. f***ing amazing. If you haven't watched it, you should!
-
2013 TV Thread
What is Downtown Abbey about? I see I have access to it on amazon prime.
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
Headed to Overtime. Hawkeyes are lucky to even be in this given how brutal their shooting was most of the day. Huge game as a loss would probably make it very difficult to make the dance.
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
Come on Hawkeyes...hold onto this one!!! Damn..awful defense to let this thing get tied up. Nice seal by Hammonds.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 02:15 PM) Kevin Durant is a cheat code. The dude is amazing. Great guy too though. Makes it really easy to root for them. Easily my favorite team to watch in the west (along with the Clips cause I hate the Lakers ahahaaha).
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 12:38 PM) Looks as if the bulls lose was a schedule loss and nothing more. Luckily the wizards will not be competing with is form seeding Wizards have been good since Wall came back but still, WTF, sucks to lose to them. I also don't get why Noah was playing so late in that game. And Nate single handedly was hot garbage the final 5 minutes (why I was watching was beyond me). I think I'm the biggest Nate hater in the league. My theory on Nate, give him 2 minutes...if he's hot, ride it, if he's not, sit his ass real quick. And I think that is exactly what the Bulls will do with him when they get Rose back. I will say though at at the league min, he's been a great acquisition and Thibb's has done a good job coaching him.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
Rzzza....either shut up and play nice or you will be banned for trolling.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 09:20 AM) Him and Nate did. Our second and third string pgs be beasting. Making all the people here who hated the pick up of these two in the offseason look silly. Bulls making all the nancies who cried about tanking look silly. Raise your hand if you wanted the bulls to tank. Dont be scurred Rzzza...remember to learn your lessons from earlier. No need to shove stuff in people's faces. Just sit back and enjoy the Bulls season. I also wouldn't say our 2nd and 3rd string PG's are beasting. They are very up and down players. Hinrich has looked better of late though, but he still has some pretty bad game and is one of, if not the worse starting PG's in the league.
-
2013 Films Thread
How does Abrams get involved in so many damn projects.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 08:09 AM) We really gonna act like Kirk Hinrich didnt score 25 points on 5 of 6 shooting from three yesterday? Avg double double for the season confirmed Hinrich had a great game.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 08:18 PM) Eh, it's useless. The 90s Bulls are beyond comparison apparently. 90's basketball > 2000-2013 basketball.
-
Who will reach 100,000 posts first?
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 04:44 AM) Gage was way ahead of everyone in the old days. I used to have days with like 150 posts. The days of college and having all day long at work to post.
-
Who will reach 100,000 posts first?
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 05:48 PM) Those two sort of surprise me, as they don't post nearly as much anymore. Hell, even Chisoxfn sort of surprises me at this point. Whoah....one day I'll return. It will be when I have a different job.
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 02:27 PM) then we are in agreement Nothing tops that skit.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 10:50 AM) I really am amazed how much his game has regressed over the last couple of years. I was pretty happy to have him as Rose's back up, but wow, he just doesn't have that step anymore. At this point I would ditch him, even if it meant releasing him, and roll with Robinson and Teague once Rose is back. Hinrich is much better then Nate/Teague.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 07:44 AM) Yeah...not happening. Weeks still, not days. Not when he hasn't had a full contact practice. I'd actually be kinda furious if they shoved him in there without the equivalent of a training camp. 2-3 weeks of full practice. Oh...I meant he could do a full contact practice as soon as today (per ESPN). Not that he'd be playing in a game as soon as today. sounds like he is still having a hard time cutting (mentally).
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 06:23 AM) You know...there's an @Charlotte game on Feb. 22 in that after-the AS break area...and I'm within driving distance for that... Of course, there are 2 post AS games before that...@ new orleans...and then @ home versus, yeah, the Heat. During yesterdays game they said it could happen today.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 05:51 AM) LOL, Kirk is awful, he just had an ok night against the league's worst defender. ok night? Dude put up 22, 7 and 8 on ridiculous shooting.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 09:39 PM) K.C Johnson @KCJHoop Noah said Saturday benching was "on him." Said he said some things to Thibs he shouldn't have said. Apologized. Time to move on. Gotta love Joakim. Taking responsibility.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 09:01 PM) An alien has taken over Kirks body The Lakers are a joke. I don't get it Dwight is awful. D'Antoni is awful. Look at the defense. Howard is so slow to rotate. Bulls had so many easy buckets. They'd have won by 30 if they could hit open jumpers (well anyone other then Kirk/Marco). Boozer missed a lot of cookies, same with Rip.