Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Pretty surprised she gets off scott free. Seems about as bad as the OJ verdict.
  2. I'm all for the signing though. Be interesting to see how Cullen would do in the 4-3 set-up. I assume the Bears plans would be to utilize him as a DT. Basically as Tommie's replacement.
  3. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 09:41 AM) Yes, but I still enjoyed it. It was non stop action start to finish. I enjoyed it too. Amazing, no, but entertaining, sure.
  4. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 05:52 PM) Caltechs football team is undefeated since 1991. Damn you, I thought my Titans had the record. Undefeated since 94.
  5. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 10:37 AM) http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6735080 Rudy Fernandez possibly heading to Real Madrid Supposedly he turned down the deal.
  6. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 10:10 AM) There's rumors abound that if/when the lockout is finally over, the Bears have a contract agreement with Cullen Jenkins in place. I can't imagine that would be true. Would the Bears have been able to have any communication with Cullen? If it did happen, I'd have to imagine someone would be putting in a complaint to the league.
  7. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:56 AM) Continuing to give Rios 4 or 5 ABs per game isn't going to help us win a division either. I'll continue to give AB's to the guy that plays the best CF defense on the squad, isn't old or past his prime, and has an extended history of major league success. By all means, Rios isn't amazing, but he is the best CFer the Sox have. And without commenting on what he did over the weekend, the past two weeks he's been hitting the ball hard, albeit without much luck. Sure he's had a lousy first half of the season, but permanently benching him in favor of De Aza and Lillibridge would be a far worse decision, imo.
  8. This idea of relying on De Aza and Lillibridge as platoon everyday starters for the White Sox in CF is a bad idea. Neither guy, imo, is good enough to be productive over a large, extended sample size. And to be frank, we are trying to win a division and this isn't the type of move that helps you win the division. In terms of getting Rasmus, I can't imagine the Cards would be interested in moving him and if they were to move him, my guess is it would be pretty pricey.
  9. I know Peavy has had injury pitchers, but outside of those problems, I really love the guy Peavy is. He's the epitome of the type of character you want in your clubhouse and he's the kind of guy that will do whatever it takes to win.
  10. Fun win. Took my ethics exam while watching the game. Nice win.
  11. Logan...your crazy. Morel is gonna be a nice guy to have at 3rd for a while.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to hi8is's topic in SLaM
    Congrats T!
  13. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    I'm rooting for Michael and Leroy to win. It will never ever happen cause Michael isn't strong enough but I'm pulling for em.
  14. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 03:10 PM) It is. Then I can throw Westbrook, Carpenter (he wasn't s*** before he was a Cardinal), Weaver ('06 playoffs say hello), Franklin (though that didn't last), Jeff Suppan and Jason Marquis. That's just off the top of my head. I don't think there's a consensus, as we're talking pitching coaches here. But nobody sounds silly if they declare Duncan the best. Nope. The general feeling around the league, according to baseball analysts, are that Cooper and Duncan are two of the very best.
  15. QUOTE (prospectguy @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:11 AM) That catcher you guys got from Pitt is off to a hella good start. He has a ton of power potential. I really liked that pick.
  16. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 07:59 AM) No one that I can see. Oakland leads the way at 3.10 in the AL. Philly did have a sub .3 ERA as of like a week ago. Not sure if that is still the case or not.
  17. QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:27 AM) What would you do, Jason? Send him down to AAA, move him back to SS? Unfortunately I don't have an answer, but i think it would start by sending him down to AAA and let him trying to figure things out and having success. His swing is awful and clearly adjustments have to be made and part of those is just being confident and I don't think that will happen at the major league level. I hope I'm wrong.
  18. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 07:52 AM) When do we consider Gordon Beckham a bust? If he continues to plays like this in 2012? I already consider him a bust. He isn't very good. Maybe that will one day change, but as of now, I see nothing that I like offensively.
  19. Awesome Mark. Good luck. I assume you aren't looking into the Edison gig anymore?
  20. Q needs to take a high outside fastball right over the RF fence.
  21. Phil is tired. You can see it in his mechanics.
  22. Crushed. Pitch was over the middle and a little low, but clobbered. Sucks that you give up 3 hard hit balls in the game and might lose. Come on Humber, get this guy out, and offense, bail otu Humber and find a way to get a couple and get a win.
  23. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:05 PM) Dunn baffles me. Beckham, the technique issues are pretty obvious. Dunn looks just blind. I don't know why. I thought Becks would actually be able to hit a soft tosser. Lord knows he can't get around on a good heater right now.
  24. Fullerton hired its former long time assistant, Vanderhooke. He had been the top assistant at UCLA since Serrano took over Fullerton (he was pissed that Fullerton took Serrano over him back than). Hopefully it works out. He's very experienced and knows Fullerton and wants to be there.
  25. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:02 PM) Somebody on this thread mentioned a long time ago none of the Sox hitters cept Paulie make adjustments. Way to get shut down by this soft tosser. Beckham needs to drill a gapper here!! We haven't gotten the game breaking hit, but this team has had hits. Becks should be able to handle Livan.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.