Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 06:01 PM) Haha yeah I'm the other Chiefs fan. That's ironic. Finally I think this girl and I are done talking. Which is probably a good thing. She's been wanting to stop talking and on Saturday our convo didn't end well. But she showed her true immaturity when I was trying to have a good convo because I like to try to end things on a good note, but not this time. It's looking like her friend likes me but I'm done with teenagers for good hopefully. Although her friend loves the Chiefs, so that's something we have in common. Her friend is a red head and I've never been into them but she is really cool and pretty cute, but once again I don't feel like getting into that young drama. Let me say this as delicately as possible, 24 and 18 or so doesn't go well together. Yes, it is legal, but if you are expecting anything worthwhile out of it, you should pass. Most likely you will have zero things in common with each other.
  2. QUOTE (3E8 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 01:24 PM) I believe I know what you're getting at. It is a close friend, and she's a 6 or 7. Not worth it I was in that situation before. I told my friend, he denied it and was pretty upset for a while. I told her I wasn't interested. Finally one of my other friends who was very aware of the situation spoke with my friend (who at the time thought I was making stuff up and was not happy with my what-so-ever. I finally got a text message from her that point blank asked if I wanted to hook up and I showed it to my friend and it was hard for him at first but he finally came around. He said at the time he really liked the girl and she was hot (very hot) so I don't think he wanted to give it up. He came around into telling me how he appreciated my honesty about the situation but when I first told him things got really really ugly. And I would never, in no way shape or form, ever do anything to a friend of mine's girl.
  3. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:54 PM) Hard to predict where Iowa will end up because of how BRUTAL their remaining home schedule is. Even the game at Northwestern isn't a walk in the park either. Outside of absolutely s***ting their pants in the 1st half at Arizona though, Iowa has been very impressive, so they're capable of winning out. But if they dent the loss column again with that schedule, it would be understandable, even with the three toughest games at home. If they win those games, they should shoot up the rankings. Only mistake they have made this year was that deplorable first half to Arizona and even than they almost won the game. And it isn't like Arizona is some s*** team. When the season is done, Iowa is going to have one hell of a tough schedule which should help them in the BCS (if they play well and finish strong). But it is going to be one serious gauntlet, even though the toughest games are at home. Oh and NU scares me because there offense matches up very well against Iowa and they historically have been a thorn in Iowa's side.
  4. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:47 PM) Well Illinois has Indiana and Purdue at home the next two weeks, so we'll find out some things. I fully expect Illinois to win both of those though, and with the defense Illinois has, I think it's more than reasonable to say they'll win at Michigan too. Illinois really should finish with no less than 7 wins based on what they've shown so far and the schedule they have left, and they're capable of winning any game left. I don't think they will though, and 7-5 or 8-4 seems more reasonable (although anything from 6-6 to 9-3 wouldn't surprise me, even though those assume either 0-3 or 3-0 on the road to finish out, and both of those would be a mild upset). I'd be pretty surprised if Illinois loses again at home though. Either way, Illinois is CLEARLY better than Penn State, just for starters. If that happens, I'll change my stance.
  5. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:33 PM) I'm not letting this slide. s*** I mean I know we aren't great or anything, but we're the 2nd worst team in the conference? Penn St (beat them on the road), Indiana (beat nobody, rolled by OSU when we weren't), Northwestern (should have lost to Minnesota)? Cmon Jason. Illinois is not better than Nothwestern. I did state that I thought Illinois could pass OSU and I still think PSU is better, they are just hindered by there freshman QB.
  6. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 03:02 PM) I really doubt Iowa "beats down" Wisconsin. Iowa may win (Wisconsin historically does not play Iowa well), but I cant see a beat down. Wisconsin's offense has just to many weapons. Barring a complete mental breakdown it most likely ends as a 1 possession game. Iowa doesn't have much depth in the backfield so anything happens to Robinson and they are in trouble. I'd bet on Iowa but I expect it to be a tough, physical game, and if Iowa doesn't protect the ball they will lose.
  7. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 06:24 AM) You are trying to make something black and white, that isn't. First, yes, obviously, the systems need improvement. Second, do you really think that any institution dealing with something as complex as mortgages and foreclosures and HAMP is going to get everything right, every time? Third, you have these banks taking on all these new programs and regulations, and it takes time to adjust to them. In the meantime, people will get hurt, I never said otherwise. Still, this particular situation is weird to me. It sounds as if, if she missed just one payment, but kept paying, she'd be at worst a month behind. That one month of mortgage payment is not enough to make financial sense of the bank to foreclose - it would cost them a lot more than that just to handle a foreclosure. Yep and this is why I don't really believe some of these articles (some situations, clearly are horrible, but the bank f***ed up and I still can't imagine there aren't ways and people to contact to ensure that the action is corrected. I've been way too involved and have too many people that I'm very very close to that have been involved in the real estate business for significant time and are very familiar with what is going on with the foreclosures and what you are saying Brian just isn't the case. That isn't to say situations aren't happening improperly, but I find it hard to believe that it is a systematic problem and some trillion dollar class-action is awaiting. This is a huge fundemental problem, but in no way shape or form are you going to be able to ever convince me that the banks are getting rich of this. The biggest reason the banks are paying little to not attention to this is because it is not there main business or strategic input and as a result they don't have the people capable of handling things in this value appropriately and more importantly, these loans have already been pretty much written-off well below the value of the actual property at this point so it isn't as if they are going to take any additional financial losses so to speak. While it might sound stupid, the reality is, sometimes companies get in a position where they hold stuff they don't want, don't have the resources to handle, and as a result take losses on the stuff or make inappropriate decisions to try and get away from the situation as fast as possible (i.e., these banks not always making the smartest sales). And than there is the fact that the people deciding what price to take are making decisions that I'm sure investors would vomit about.
  8. Barret Loux, who was the 6th overall pick by the Dbacks this year who ended up not signing and was actually made a FA (he failed his physical with a torn labrum and elbow problems) has thrown in front of scouts recently and is taking offers. I haven't read anything talking about how he threw or his recovery time, but the Sox were not one of the teams in attendance. Still, I always like the idea of getting in quality arms and Loux had some nice upside (even though he should have never been taken 6th overall). Loux was a stud at Texas A&M. Edit: It sounds like scouts generally came away impressed with his throwing session. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id...tent_id=7243405 (Scouting Report - Pre Draft)
  9. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 10:53 AM) A couple points. First, I'm afraid the last paragraph doesn't make any sense to me. The loans are kept at a reduced rate, somehow making government-backed loans cheaper? Doesn't that mean that the taxpayer's losses on the taxpayer mortage portfolio is increased? Secondly, there's no difference between industry and government on this issue. The industry easily beat back the effort to allow for courts to alter the principal value. They made sure it went this way. And the government waltzed along there with them. Here's a great example story of how this mess has worked. People have gone into it whether they're on the path to losing their houses or not. But the trial payments don't wind up counting towards the loan principal, so if the trial modification is denied, the House is immediately behind on its payments and ont he path to foreclosure. Just one example Balta, that article tells me nothing. It tells me she renegotiated, but nowhere does it say why she got foreclosed? Maybe it is because she decided to stop making the payments. I see nothing to show me that anything was done improperly. Additionally, when you renegotiate with a bank you need to agree to something before it works and if what you agree to isn't something you can do or afford than you shouldn't agree to it. Essentially the government has guaranteed a huge chunk of the loans that exist right now. So, if these loans are fully foreclosed upon and than sold at a reduce value, the government (and ultimately the taxpayers) will pay the burdon of these transactions ultimately due to the federal guarantees out there. However, if a program was properly handled, the banks would reduce the principal while ensuring they receive payments (basically, actually having a good loan assistance program which would actually allow people to afford and stay in there homes), the actual loan default that is guaranteed would be at a much reduced rate, thus, ultimately, there is a major benefit behind the government backing a much more aggressive program. There are a ton of other positive trade-offs regarding a much more beneficial program.
  10. WTF, another tackle doesn't block anyone and Jay gets killed. Worse of all, we had a shot at a FG to tie this thing. Absolutely f***ing disgraceful.
  11. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 12:06 PM) Right, but he can study film and have some more awareness presnap and point out potential blitzes. Did you see Billick break it down....Omilaye should have been handling that. It had nothing to do with Jay, nothing.
  12. Another series of s***ty calls by Martz, combined by our feeble oline. Martz + Bears oline = death to Jay. I'm horribly regreting this Martz decision right now. He said he's learned from sitting out, but it sure as hell doesn't look like it.
  13. Omilaye caused that one. Awful
  14. Can the oline pick up a corner blitz. This is f***ing ridiculous.
  15. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 11:39 AM) Was just on the phone with my dad and He's giving me that about Cutler, saying he just seems to struggle to find people open enough to use his arm. I understand some things, but I have a hard time believing it when he's made some pretty solid quick decisions. He's also had about 2 passes today that were completely retarded. Ones that he can't attempt.
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 10:42 AM) I can't say I've been through India so don't argue with me on this one, but I am curious...have you been outside of the major cities in China? To the legitimate back-country areas? I've been in some of the country areas and they are crapholes. But the infastruture in the cities is impressive and that is the start. India doesn't even have anything close to that. Honestly, you take the poorest crappiest place in America and it doesn't compare to the nice areas (outside of the few 5 star hotels in Mumbai) of Mumbai.
  17. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 10:41 AM) I think your confusion really stems from the mismatch between these 2 paragraphs. On one hand the banks aren't profiting on these deals, on the other hand the banks are turning down what would seem to be opportunities to avoid foreclosures. Either the banks are the worst businesses in history (well...), or the banks have a way to make money while foreclosing on people who could otherwise find ways to afford modified payments. Quite frankly the banks aren't in the business of buying/selling homes and even negotiating with its borrowers. That isn't what they do.
  18. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 10:41 AM) I think your confusion really stems from the mismatch between these 2 paragraphs. On one hand the banks aren't profiting on these deals, on the other hand the banks are turning down what would seem to be opportunities to avoid foreclosures. Either the banks are the worst businesses in history (well...), or the banks have a way to make money while foreclosing on people who could otherwise find ways to afford modified payments. But they are not foreclosing on people for no reason. The people that modify try and still fail, bank still loses. It just delays the process of when they stop making payments. Sure they get an extra 12 or 14 months worth of payments but than at that point forward, they go into foreclosure and that process is taking about 16 months on average. And I'm not confused at all on this subject. A big problem is the industry is scared of the precedent that would be created if it went into full blown principal reduction and quite frankly it won't happen until the government backs it. Oh and did I mention taxpayers win, because of these loans getting sold for way less they are kept at a reduced rate and thus the gov doesn't need to kick as much in for all the govnmt backed loans out there (thus savings the taxpayers here too).
  19. Ok, we got some positive momentum in that 2nd quarter. Lets build on that and dominate in the second half and win this thing!!!
  20. I'll take 90 yard drive and 3 points. Cutler at least threw that one away. No clue what he was thinking on that 1st down pass.
  21. Another 1st down pass to Knox. Hopefully we can get some points, preferably 6 of em.
  22. Looks like a good catch and carry.
  23. Beautiful pass and play by Cutler/Knox from our endzone. Will probably have some of the yardage taken away due to the challenge, but a huge play either way. Thank goodness I found a good stream for this game from India.
  24. Beautiful 3rd down tackle by Bowman!!!
  25. QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 11:06 AM) It's plenty acceptable to b**** about the line... no reason that shouldn't have been a TD. Cutler gave his best effort but he can't escape being sacked and turn every play into positive yardage. Nah, I mean they are whining about Cutler sucking.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.