Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 09:16 PM) Will anyone hold Michigan to less than 30 points this year? Will Michigan hold anyone else on their schedule to less than 30? This team is not for the faint of heart. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Hawkeyes will in 2 weeks. But I could be wrong.
  2. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 01:05 PM) Frankly, when your Oline is playing that poorly there isn't much you can do. It isn't like they can run block worth a damn either. I strongly believe Angelo should be fired for putting that group of offensive lineman together. What a f***ing joke. I really agree with you. I've long been a huge proponent of drafting the lines. Angelo has done that with the dline, but ignored the line that protects your franchise player. It really is dispicable. I hope the Bears have some FA money to throw around because we already know we'll use at least 1 top pick on a lineman and probably 2. I'd be perfectly content if our 1st and 2nd round picks went oline and we signed a FA olineman. My only hope is that Tice can somehow develop Omilaye, Williams (Both of them), Asiatta, and Webb. They are all young and I'll see if they can somehow turn into something. Most of them are incredibly raw though. Oh and hopefully they won't kill Cutler, but I have a scary feeling Cutler's career will end this year (and it could just be the constant pressure that forces Cutler to go the way a once promising David Carr did).
  3. I swear, I'm blown away that after all those hits that he was taking the Bears didn't do something different? I hope Jay is ok. Has he spoke yet? Post game conference, anything? Bears doctors had to be mind-blowingly stupid. This means Jay played after a concussion and was sacked ~4 to 5 more times, including that shot to his head. Holy cripes.
  4. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:26 AM) Jason, you're making some of the same points I am about the coaching staff's utter failure last night, but you went off on me for saying the Bears were being outcoached? I truly feel like the Giants did a much better job adjusting during the 2nd half last night, including a perfectly timed screen pass on 3rd and long. I just don't give the Giants much any credit for last night. They looked pretty s***ty. Bears just completely shot themselves. Plus I thought Marinelli had a nice game plan and our defense looked superb. Martz was absolutely horrific though.
  5. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:25 AM) And to that point, did they not see him basically falling over himself in the 2nd quarter? I thought it was due to the field conditions with it starting to rain, but maybe not. Personally after about the 4th sack, he looked like a dead duck out there. He took some pretty heavy licks.
  6. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:09 AM) If the medical staff weren't keeping an eye on Cutler early after the first 3-4 hits they took, and let him go back out there with a concussion, they ought to be fired. My guess is Cutler stayed away from everyone. They didn't know he suffered the concussion until halftime (since he didn't even come out on the play he took the hit from Ross). I still don't understand why the Bears even tried to throw the ball to end the 1st half. At that point, I was thrilled to death it was a 3-0 game and wanted to get to halftime as fast as possible to allow the coaches to make adjustments and for Jay to take some breaths.
  7. What an ugly situation.
  8. Chisoxfn replied to Steve9347's topic in SLaM
    Has new V started yet?
  9. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:00 AM) Are there actually reports that he was hurt prior to the Ross hit? It would actually make more sense, as he seemed to be lacking coordination during the 2nd quarter. As for the slow developing deep routes, I couldn't agree more with you. That was part of the coaching flaws I mentioned though. We were playing right into their hands. Martz got a lot of credit for the Cowboys game and he gets the exact opposite to me for this game. He absolutely killed the oline and more importantly our QB. I wonder what sort of long-term effects this kind of game will have on our QB.
  10. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:00 AM) Are there actually reports that he was hurt prior to the Ross hit? It would actually make more sense, as he seemed to be lacking coordination during the 2nd quarter. As for the slow developing deep routes, I couldn't agree more with you. That was part of the coaching flaws I mentioned though. We were playing right into their hands. Lovie was quoted as saying they don't know when for sure it happened and that he's trying to get all the facts.
  11. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 09:38 AM) Jas, yeah, the O-Line deserves a lot of the blame, but its ALSO true that Cutler was not sticking to the game plan. He was trying to do too much, held onto the ball too long. The Martz-designed offense gives up blitz slots in exchange for a friendlier zone downfield - which means that the QB needs to get the ball off faster or go to the underneath dump. Cutler didn't do well at that at all, so he does deserve some part of the blame here. I think I saw one time where a check-down was open. The guy was playing with a concussion, most likey, for a good chunk of the 1st half. And if you watch where his WR's were on those sacks, youd' see that they were busy running slow-developing deep routes. SO contrary to the one play where Cutler could have taken the hit and thrown it to Bennett (at that piont, it would have been about his 15th hit or so), he really didn't have these options that people are talking about. Not to mention, I'd like to see them make those decisions when the QB is sacked on 45% of his drop-backs and hit on like 75% of them.
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 09:04 AM) So you're saying Cutler deserves absolutely no blame for a poor effort last night? DUH. Should I blame a pitcher if he pitches in a game where his team makes 12 errors? f*** no. Clearly you've never played sports or something because you seem to think that sports exist in this vaccuum. Collosal pressure, hard hits, sacks, etc, are going to make it highly less likely that a QB can do anything worth a damn even in situations where he might be able to succeed. He had time to throw on like 10% of his drop-backs. That is f***ing ridiculous and probably has never happened in the history of football. If 9 out of 10 days a week you got hit by a car, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to walk to work normally.
  13. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 09:03 AM) And the Giants made some good adjustments during the 2nd half, as they started to take advantage of the aggressive Bears front 7. They also stopped calling plays that were going horizontal, and went to more of a vertical offense. The only chance the Bears had last night on offense was the quick pass offense they applied vs the Cowboys. No, the Bears defense got tired from a bazillion 3 and outs and thus, was bound to have some slip-ups. If there is anything to take away from that game it is the fact that our defense is looking like it might be a top 5 defense in this league again. However, the Giants are a pretty inept offense so, who knows what to take from it. And that our oline truly will kill Jay Cutler.
  14. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 09:01 AM) Cause I wanted Cutler to get a series off to catch his breath and hopefully snap out of the shock he was in? It was obvioius to everyone watching that the pressure was effecting him physically and mentally. I'm sorry, but Cutler sucked last night. He had a chance to make a big play to Hester, and he underthrew it. His interception was one of the worst reads you'll ever see. And don't throw me in with the other Orton lovers. Just last week, I was telling people how stupid the Cutler vs Orton debate is. The above is pure crap. No QB could get sacked 9 times and survive or have a good game. NONE, ZERO, ZILCH.
  15. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 07:53 PM) Giants are outcoaching the Bears tonight. Making all the right calls. Are you f***ing serious? Giants looked like absolute s*** tonight. Outside of there dline manhandling the Bears and I'm not even going to give them credit for that. Did you see how our guys blocked? Oh wait, on most plays they pretty much just whiffed. It was a complete an utter s*** show by the Bears. Giants looked like a horrible team that won because we had a dead dog at QB and the worse oline in the history of football blocking that dead dog during the 2nd half.
  16. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 07:11 PM) I hope Cutler is ok, but I'm not sad to see Collins in this game. I like Cutler, but he just had no rhythm tonight (and 99% of that is to be blamed on the OL). You might be the dumbest poster in the history of posters during any given game thread. Your comments are absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, Todd Collins is the biggest piece of s*** ever and your ignorance in not understanding the impacts of 9 sacks in a game is absolutely ridiculous.
  17. QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 06:04 PM) I saw that coverage before he did, WTF. One of the plays I can count on one hand where he actually had time to throw. That was a head-shaker. If anyone here thinks they can do what Jay has done despite getting collosally pounded, well, than your one in a billion. Guy is getting absolutely f***ed and people don't expect it to have an impact. Guy is flat out dying out there.
  18. It was sweet to crush PSU. But the tough schedule will continue for Iowa and all of the big 10 (such a deep conference this year). PSU was the 1st of 4 straight ranked opponents. Hopefully Iowa will take down the Wolverines next!!!!
  19. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 05:37 PM) I cant believe they gave us USC Washington. f***ing idiots And Iowa is looking very tough at home. The thing that might hurt Iowa come the end of the year is our lack of depth at RB. Sucks, since we looked to have an incredibly deep backfield to start the year (Robinson, Hampton, Wegher).
  20. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 02:52 PM) Konerko said Sox have to make improvements on and off the field to catch the Twins. BTW, another big reason that not bringing back Thome has hurt us is that if Thome was still here, I'm pretty sure Konerko would stay around also. Paulie lives in Arizona so I highly doubt he'll go play for any team that has its spring training in Florida. Which means Boston probably is out of the equation (unless they are the team that offers by far the most money). I want to know what the off the field adjustments are that Paulie is talking about? Kenny? Scouting? Certain players? Ozzie? Kenny/Ozzie disputes?
  21. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 01:57 PM) This is how I feel. The movie might be incredibly well made but the characters and story is just not something I give a damn about. If a movie doesn't have amazing special effects or there isn't just the fun about being in the theatre to see it, I won't go pay the money to see it in the movies. I'll just wait and watch it at home. This movie, like most movies, fall into that category.
  22. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 01:56 PM) I lived in Stuttgart for 2 years as a child. Even at a young age it was a phenomenal experience. I still think about moving to Switzerland or Italy for a year or two now. Doubt I actually ever will but Europe is a nice place. I'd always recommend it to someone if they were thinking about doing that. I'm actually looking into transferring to Switzerland for a year or two in the next year or two. The company I work at has a huge hub there and it is supposed to be a very good career stepping stone to work over there. Outside of that, I don't know much, but like you, I think it would be a very cool and unique experience and could be something that adds a lot of long-term value because the more you see and experience varying cultures and business aspects, I believe the better your potential for overall success can be. In addition, it just seems like it would be a fun thing. England/London are amazing. Never lived there, but the people are incredible.
  23. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 12:59 PM) Jennings was awful last night I couldn't disagree more in regards to Jennings. He did a really nice job coming in for Bowman.
  24. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 10:27 AM) Sure, Martz might be part of the problem now, but the fact of the matter is that the Bears are absolutely brutal at evaluating talent as an organization. They've basically red-shirted multiple rookies and continue to not use their best assets. Aromashodu needs a lot more reps. Taylor needs to be used much more on 3rd down and short yardage situations. Hell, look at what Tim Jennings did. I also should point out that I'm not concerned with the issues you were and I agree with what the Bears have been doing. And look at Jennings, the coaches made a quick adjustments with Bowman struggling and put in the guy they identified durding practice who was playing well. Touche for the coaches.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.